File Sizes for Sharpening Chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

jackrabbit

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I disagree that it makes more sense. There is nothing wrong with the system we have and what doesn't make sense is trying to change it, as well as trying to live in a world that has both. Vehicles that have both metric and standard nuts and bolts!?! AAGGHH!!

camel2019

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
You are correct. Metric is easier and make more sense. But here in the USA there has been resistance to change to metric.
Southern Ontario too for the most part at least my area you ask someone the temp and it’s generally in fahrenheit not celsius and you ask anyone their height in Canada I can bet they say it in feet and inches and not centimetres. Only part of the metric system I am forced to use is kilometres per hour while driving.

camel2019

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Buckin was not to bad when he first started, now he just pumps out videos just to be putting something out and to listen to himself talking.
There’s a lot of info in his videos though and most of what he does is just his persona you can tell he’s not 100% the way he is in day to day life just in front of the camera.

jackrabbit

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
So NASA uses feet and inches and fractions thereof when they build spacecraft and put people on the moon?

It's mostly a joke. They did back in the 60's when Neal Armstrong walked on the moon. I don't know what they do now.

ammoaddict

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do this on .325 that gets rocked and needs to be reprofiled.

You can either reprofile using the rec'd file, which will take many many strokes, or you can step up 1/64" and have to file significantly less. You will lose a small bit of metal/life, but is often worth the trade off. Don't forget the depths!
Me too.

BrettS

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Southern Ontario too for the most part at least my area you ask someone the temp and it’s generally in fahrenheit not celsius and you ask anyone their height in Canada I can bet they say it in feet and inches and not centimetres. Only part of the metric system I am forced to use is kilometres per hour while driving.
I tend to use both, kph, persons height in feet, measure a box for shipping in inches then have to convert it to cm etc etc