Finding vacuum leak

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should I ask how you know that?
Nope.

Did a lot of small engines since getting 2 1/2 HP Briggs motors from the dump to see how they worked. I was ~8 YO at the time got some to run.

Worked on through: mini-bikes, lawn mowers, dirt bikes ,chainsaws, tractors, field cars, $200 cars on the road, rebuilding SBC from bare blocks to 500HP..................

Then I was working on Stihls, with a manual, and saw that string trick.....~30 years ago.

Edit: I'd like to learn about 020 and 200s, never wrenched those yet. But word is You are a master!

Yeah I use a string… but the first few times I did it I used needle nose or anything that I could pull it threw the hole with. I even duck taped it real tight in a cone just to get it thru the hole but it was hard to get the tape off if I put to much on to hold it. 😂😂😂

Yeah I use a string… but the first few times I did it I used needle nose or anything that I could pull it threw the hole with. I even duck taped it real tight in a cone just to get it thru the hole but it was hard to get the tape off if I put to much on to hold it. 😂😂😂
I use a needle nose every time and if you are carefull they wont rip, a little grease on the area you are working in helps. If you don't do it all the time then the string is the best safe way.

I prefer hemostats, one curved tip and one strait. I simply twist the end a little then tuck under the plastic's edge then untwist to get the intake through the opening and started then I take the curved tip closed and from the cylinder side going around simply tuck it through. Some are easier to install through the plastic then install on the cylinder using the rounded back side of the hemostats to shove it on.

The super glue is used to hold it in place, swedge locking is using a punch around valve to deform the aluminum pushing it in on the valve locking it in place. It is also known as staking and is often used to help hold valve seats into heads. Once wedged in the super glue is trapped. You could also pin it by drilling holes to insert pins wedging against the valve

You do this after you super glue it? Because it won’t stay in the hole to hit it with a punch. It just falls straight thru. Like it’s way too small for the hole. It’s a wj48… have you ever seen a valve do this before? All I did was tap it out to clean it.

The super glue is used to hold it in place, swedge locking is using a punch around valve to deform the aluminum pushing it in on the valve locking it in place. It is also known as staking and is often used to help hold valve seats into heads. Once wedged in the super glue is trapped. You could also pin it by drilling holes to insert pins wedging against the valve

You do this after you super glue it? Because it won’t stay in the hole to hit it with a punch. It just falls straight thru. Like it’s way too small for the hole. It’s a wj48… have you ever seen a valve do this before? All I did was tap it out to clean it.
You hit in a circle around the carb body hole with a pointed punchthen check for fit lightly then glue , tap in when tight enough.

I have a early 064-066 that came in a box in pieces.. the drum that was with it I think came off of a 660 because it is way big. I can’t find the number in my manual and the deal said it’s NLA. 1122-160-2900B. Anyway it’s big enough around that it won’t catch the worm gear and it’s real sloppy after I put it on. So I think it’s from a 660. But I don’t know if the drum for a 660 and a 066 are the same or not. But a lot don’t enter change on those 2 saws

Latest posts

Back