Fire

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang. I hope our guys over there are doing what they can. I'm surprised 113F is a record in the country.

(Edit: I'm apparently not very good at reading the whole sentence... "On December 16, the remote mining town of Telfer recorded 45°C (113°F), the highest temperature recorded anywhere in the country on that day. / High temperatures also swept New South Wales in September and again in early December, when the airport in Sydney recorded 45.7°C (114.3°F), the highest temperature recorded at the station since it began making observations in 1929.

Oh man. -> The hot, dry conditions heightened the risk of bushfires in Western Australia, Northern Territory, and New South Wales. Near Narrabri, New South Wales (360 kilometers northwest of Sydney), a fire broke out in Pilliga Forest and quickly spread to cover 121,000 hectares (300,000 acres) by December 18"

Hang in there guys.

The smokehouse creek fire ran from Stinnett texas to Higgins Oklahoma (85 miles) in less than 24 hours and now the entire southern flank is running south and has merged with the windy deuce fire . The towns of Borger, canadian, and fritch are being significantly impacted. 1/4 of a million acres so far.

Back