Fire

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dixie fire Situation normal, all ****ed up.
Dennis burns fire behavior analyst summed up the expect situation that was coming yesterday with the weather change with "we hope everything holds"...West zone(Calfire) fire jumped a mile out of mopped up containment lines and is now threatening Chester, the east zone blew out past round valley reservoir and is on the north side of Greenville heading east.
Thermal imaging cameras on dyer mountain east of lake almanor looking west.
https://weathernode.net/flir
Not good!

Not sure what the deal is but this thread won't let me post to the last page -- for days I didn't know how to fix it but I just discovered that I can go to the first page and let the new post get bumped to the end. Is anybody else having this problem?
I had that issue yesterday.

This is from yesterday, before sunset
45vkSk.jpg

Looks like Greenville got hit hard today. Can't find a good news article with details yet; IC probably hasn't released much via PAO. I expect the morning will bring a full brief.

It got blasted unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using see

Greenville was a beautiful town with buildings dating back to the gold rush days and a history of logging. Sad to see it go.

I'm wondering about Collins Pine. They own a lot of timber ground on the west side of Almanor and in that general area. They're one of the best examples of sustainable yield logging still around.

My happy places to camp have been evacuated. Fingers are crossed, and toes because the FS has actually done a lot of fire mitigation work in one of the areas. The private land, not so much.

I knew that country well, had a squeeze in Westwood, fished, logged and fought fire in the area.
What we are seeing today, was discussed in the 1970s after that drought had us fighting fires in February. (Pecwan)
There is a real chance, if conditions remain the same for 3-5 years, from the Front Range to the Pacific will be burnt off.

This guy, while very nerdy, (looking at you Nate) lays out the details quite well and deserves more traffic.

I knew that country well, had a squeeze in Westwood, fished, logged and fought fire in the area.
What we are seeing today, was discussed in the 1970s after that drought had us fighting fires in February. (Pecwan)
There is a real chance, if conditions remain the same for 3-5 years, from the Front Range to the Pacific will be burnt off.

This guy, while very nerdy, (looking at you Nate) lays out the details quite well and deserves more traffic.

665ba442de5b976656ae069760b6a584.jpg

Which one ? [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using see

Back