Firewood Pro Sizer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We were using lazer pointers 6-7 years back mounted the same way these new lazer boxes now mount to the saw handles. It was a trial run made up of a bicycle handlebar light clamp with a homemade fixture to mount the round cylindrical pointer with. It worked rather well in the woodyard, not a good choice to carry into the brush. It did get bumped often so resetting it was needed time to time, pull out a tape from the tool kit and a slight twist would reset it easily.

Perhaps I made a huge mistake one day when talking to a tree service sawyer. I told him when you double the diameter of a log, the weight quadruples (increases 4 times as much). After that, he started cutting everything too short -- 6" long chariot wheels up to 30" dia.-- wasting wood like a bandit. I guess he didn't care that he was doubling or tripling his cutting time and the wear and tear on his sawing equipment.
Better than spine surgery :omg:

While I do like new gadgets and stuff, especially when related to firewood,flashlights,knives and so forth....I just got some material from Amazon and made a magnetic log length tool. Was able to make about 4 of them for other folks that cut for firewood and had about $11 each in cost....plus time. But now I'll probably look into that laser thing now. Thanks! Lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220101-081328.jpg
    Screenshot_20220101-081328.jpg
    981.3 KB · Views: 13
Back