First Port Job - Husqvarna 365 Build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The saw runs and behaves surprisingly well with only 98 PSI. I dont exactly trust my compression tester though, so the actual PSI may be higher than that, and I suspect that it is simply because I dont expect a saw to actually run with PSI that low. Anyways, the piston is scored moderately but still useable for my purposes, and everything else is in half decent shape.
Ummm

How did the Walbro carb do? @huskihl If you lowered the intake floor to much, could it cause the spit back? I think he said it started out at 82 before he removed the gasket and ground on it.

I plugged the auxiliary hole and the high speed hole with some small pieces of rubber and the spit back stopped. saw runs but again at low speed dies. im going to JB weld the aux hole and re-drill to factory size. While the JB weld is curing, ill see if I can get my walbro to mount on properly and try running it with that

When you first tried adjusted the carb, did you start with one turn out on the adjustment screws. Right or wrong, I always start at one turn out and go from there. I think with just widening the ports, one and a half turns out would be very rich.

When you first tried adjusted the carb, did you start with one turn out on the adjustment screws. Right or wrong, I always start at one turn out and go from there. I think with just widening the ports, one and a half turns out would be very rich.
I did 1.5 turns

Here's how the saw is running now. This is with the L Auxiliary jet plugged, and the L jet drilled out larger. No more fuel spitting but the saw is dying as soon as it hits the low rpms.

Got me stumped, I would have already given up and found a different carb. I did see a Zama on ebay, I'll find it and post a link in case you end up needing another one.

SUCCESS! JB Weld is the magic trick here. I put JB Weld over the Auxiliary L jet and it worked. Its solved the low end idle issues, but the high end is still a little too rich to run. However, I know that if I JB Weld the Auxiliary H jet it will also solve the over fueling on the high end. Once I get the saw figured out and tuned properly I will post a video of the it cutting. Here's the latest progress:

Back