first time milling pic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bookerdog

The New Champ
Reaction score
Well this was my first time milling. Went pretty slow at first with regular chain. When I put ripping chain on though man what a diff. Milled with a 365 which did real well. 14 inch maple

Last edited:
Mill

Just a alaskan mill. The small one they carry. Pic of my place. Your suppose to see mt hood in this pic though. Hazy though

Last edited:
bookerdog said:
Just a alaskan mill. The small one they carry.
Are we talking about a Granberg mill? Like thier Mark III? Curious what size bar are you pushing through that maple log with that 365?

Do you have any specific plans for your maple slabs?

woodshop said:
Are we talking about a Granberg mill? Like thier Mark III? Curious what size bar are you pushing through that maple log with that 365?

Do you have any specific plans for your maple slabs?

Yes it is a granberg. The small one the 777. Im using only a 20 inch bar on it with the small maple. Will be making a fire place mantle with it. Did some red fir today had to go up to a 24 inch bar and it did just fine. Will get some pics of the red fir up by wed. Bad day tommorrow two root canals at the dentist :taped: I will be getting a 395 or a 3120 in june and the granberg 36inch mill for some bigger stuff that I have. The small mill is going to come in real handy though for the small dia. logs. I can't believe I havn't done this before I've gotten the fever and love this milling. The doug fir Im milling will be for a lean too off the shed.

Latest posts

Back