first time order and not impressed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mn woodcutter

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I ordered from tree stuff for the first time last week. The website said the item I ordered was in stock. It's been 6 days without a tracking number and all I have been told after numerous attempts was that the item was drop shipped and it should be there soon. I've called and emailed tree stuff several times and haven't gotten anywhere. The website was obviously misleading since it was shipped from the factory and they don't actually stock it and then not being able to give me a tracking number and not answering 2 of my emails and not getting back to me after a phone call seems like poor service to me. I'm a pretty forgiving person but I think next time I will purchase my items elsewhere.

What did u order? Every thing I've ever ordered from them was in stock.

I ordered a tool that was supposed to be in stock but it turns out that they don't actually stock it but send it from the manufacturer. So they don't send a tracking number nor will they even try to provide one which is a problem because I needed to be there when it was delivered. They didn't call me back or answer several emails. The bottom line is I wasn't impressed and won't be back. There are plenty of other options.

Yeah, there are other options. It's good to have other options.
But I'd suggest you give them another chance. Luke and Erin (the owners) are decent people who take customer satisfaction really seriously.
Luke quickly rectified an out-of-stock item that got sidetracked for me today. Easter Monday.
And he also went above and beyond that with an apology (unnecessary) and a gift certificate (also unnecessary, imo).
I'm no big time operator with lots of $$$. But TreeStuff treats me like I'm a somebody, not a nobody.

Dave

I ordered a carburetor kit from them. All went well. Don't remember if I received tracking or not but the kit came fairly quickly (less than six days). I'm happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mate you must have a rare complaint. I made an enquiry for a Timberline sharpener and some additional bits. Super swift reply from Eric. Put an order in and it was here in 5 days...wait for it. This was sent to New Zealand. Yes the place at the bottom of the Pacific. Great service.:dancing:

1 day!!! I placed an order at 3:51 (PM) (per confirmatuion email) on Tuesday and it was there yesterday (Wednesday)...shipped free!

I figured with an order that late in the day Trestuff would get it packaged on Wednesday morning and I'd be lucky to get it Friday, thought Monday was most likely. I am impressed with both UPS and Treestuff being that quick.

To the OP: It sounds like they were slower to respond than they should have been/normally are. But I have no problem with something being drop shipped labeled as "in stock" if it is in stock and ready to ship from factory...what do I care if it starts at Point A or Point B? (as long as Point B isn't overseas.)

Sorry to hear it, but I'd bet that's the exception to the rule treestuff rocks. Always get stuff fast, and usually free shipping. Best prices I've seen too

I've never had any bad experiences with treestuff and have spent thousands with them. I've had orders ranging from $10-$500

@mn woodcutter
You are not alone. Yes this is a two year old thread.

My first time doing business with TreeStuff. I placed an order for 2 different items that were listed as in stock, a splicing fid kit and 80 feet of chafe guard. The order was placed on November 16th. On November 17th I received an email with a US Postal tracking number. Four days later a box arrived via US Postal. One item in the box, the splicing fids. Placed a call and was told the other item, chafe guard, had been drop shipped and would arrive in a few days. Eight days later and it has not arrived. Today November 28th about noon eastern time, I called again and was told it has shipped from another facility. I was told it would be looked into and I would be informed as soon as the rep knew the status. As of 7:28 PM, I have not been contacted. So, it has been 12 days and I have no information as to the whereabouts of the chafe guard.

@mn woodcutter
You are not alone. Yes this is a two year old thread.

My first time doing business with TreeStuff. I placed an order for 2 different items that were listed as in stock, a splicing fid kit and 80 feet of chafe guard. The order was placed on November 16th. On November 17th I received an email with a US Postal tracking number. Four days later a box arrived via US Postal. One item in the box, the splicing fids. Placed a call and was told the other item, chafe guard, had been drop shipped and would arrive in a few days. Eight days later and it has not arrived. Today November 28th about noon eastern time, I called again and was told it has shipped from another facility. I was told it would be looked into and I would be informed as soon as the rep knew the status. As of 7:28 PM, I have not been contacted. So, it has been 12 days and I have no information as to the whereabouts of the chafe guard.
I've heard alot of stories where something got screwy in the shipping and they end up giving it to you for free. Never happened for me though so maybe just urban forestry legend. I did have an issue ordering a rope where it was three weeks later and they were still waiting for a shipment to come in. I cancelled the order because it was taking way too long to get it and they were cool about it. I dunno it seems like Treestuff is like their bag of rope-- you never know what timeframe your backordered stuff is coming in. However, they do ship crazy fast when they do have the items in stock and tend to have almost always the best prices. Despite the occasional weirdness in getting backordered stuff, I've still been ordering my gear from Treestuff. I get your frustration though...

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Treestuff and you are at the mercy of the drop shipper. It's out of there control. BUT.. I went through this when ordering my Spiderjack 3. I called and I was told it was still in a shipping container some where. I waited another 4 weeks and got it. Reguardless of some shipping issues, Treestuff is still the best. IMO

Treestuff and you are at the mercy of the drop shipper. It's out of there control. BUT.. I went through this when ordering my Spiderjack 3. I called and I was told it was still in a shipping container some where. I waited another 4 weeks and got it. Reguardless of some shipping issues, Treestuff is still the best. IMO
At the mercy of the drop shipper, out of their control? TreeStuff advertises a product as "in stock" when it is not. If it were "in stock", it would be on their property and ready for processing. You are obviously ok with being lied to, I am not. And, the lack of communication is hilarious. Clear, relevant and timely communication goes a long way in customer relations, silence not so much. Hey it's their company and they can run it as they choose.

I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with you. If TS sux so bad go some where else like I did when I wasn't satisfied with other vendors. Just letting you know my experience with TS. BTW I've watched a lot of there videos. These guys know their STUFF.

Back