Fiskars X27 on ebay, what is the deal?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

memory

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Can someone tell me why the X27 is so expensive on ebay? They have a couple listed that are $255 and some others are over $100. What is going on with that? On other stuff, they price stuff high because they have ran out of stock so they price it high so nobody will buy it. But the one that is $255, they have some available. Surely there are not people paying that price for a Fiskars.

fiskars x27 | eBay

haha that's funny. Prices jacked for the holidays I guess. I bought mine for $35 on amazon.

In the 13 years of using ebay I've seen this many times before. Unfortunately, there are some that don't do their homework and will buy at inflated prices off ebay. Apple products seem to be the things I see most. I few years ago I decided to buy a new Mac Pro desktop for work. The same machines were selling for hundreds over what I paid at the Apple online store. Some used models selling for more as well. I think some folks just get caught up in the ebay experience and think they're getting a deal. It doesn't make sense to me but to each his/her own. I simple search will turn up a relatively accurate retail price.

In the 13 years of using ebay I've seen this many times before. Unfortunately, there are some that don't do their homework and will buy at inflated prices off ebay. Apple products seem to be the things I see most. I few years ago I decided to buy a new Mac Pro desktop for work. The same machines were selling for hundreds over what I paid at the Apple online store. Some used models selling for more as well. I think some folks just get caught up in the ebay experience and think they're getting a deal. It doesn't make sense to me but to each his/her own. I simple search will turn up a relatively accurate retail price.

I understand what you are saying. But why would you buy the higher priced one when there are others listed in the search for the normal price?

I do buy stuff on ebay quite often and sometimes I can get a good deal and other times, it is not worth it to use ebay. I would much rather buy stuff locally if possible but that is not always possible.

Another thing you'll see on eBay is a low bin price but they charge a super high shipping fee. I also know people that worry they are getting factory seconds or a copy if the prices are too cheap.

I have never found a good deal on ebay. Don't even go there anymore. Freecycle is kind of cool tho.

Its price gouging! They know stocks are low.
I attempted to purchase one from the Bay @ 49.00 BIN. w/ free ship. Fair nuff, none of the local stores had any and. Home Depot was was back ordered. I clicked BIN and soon expected my x27. This is what i got :

"Dear z50guru,

I have been informed that an unexpected delay from our supplier has prevented us from shipping your order. Unfortunately we will not be able to fill you order at this time. It may not be available for approx. another 2-6 weeks. Because that is a long time, I would like to refund you and also leave you positive feedback, please let me know. I am really sorry for the inconvenience and hope you can understand".
:angry:

I got a full refund with no problems, but it was seeming like i might never get a Fiskars. Fortunately, my local Ace hardware didnt have them on the sheves, but did reflect 20 or so @ the warehouse. So, for 59.00 i finally got it. I was surprised it was sharp enough to cut a steak with.
My first swings were into some seasoned elm and then green sugar maple. It was WELL woth the effort to track one of these down! :rock:

If you do order on the Bay, make Sure you email for availability prior to BIN. More often than not, you will receive this message:
Dear z50guru,

I'm very sorry, but this item is currently oversold. Thank you for checking!

Stephen

On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 8:41 AM, eBay Member: z50guru <z50gur_mr4

Its price gouging! They know stocks are low.
I attempted to purchase one from the Bay @ 49.00 BIN. w/ free ship. Fair nuff, none of the local stores had any and. Home Depot was was back ordered. I clicked BIN and soon expected my x27. This is what i got :

"Dear z50guru,

I have been informed that an unexpected delay from our supplier has prevented us from shipping your order. Unfortunately we will not be able to fill you order at this time. It may not be available for approx. another 2-6 weeks. Because that is a long time, I would like to refund you and also leave you positive feedback, please let me know. I am really sorry for the inconvenience and hope you can understand".
:angry:

I got a full refund with no problems, but it was seeming like i might never get a Fiskars. Fortunately, my local Ace hardware didnt have them on the sheves, but did reflect 20 or so @ the warehouse. So, for 59.00 i finally got it. I was surprised it was sharp enough to cut a steak with.
My first swings were into some seasoned elm and then green sugar maple. It was WELL woth the effort to track one of these down! :rock:

If you do order on the Bay, make Sure you email for availability prior to BIN. More often than not, you will receive this message:
Dear z50guru,

I'm very sorry, but this item is currently oversold. Thank you for checking!

Stephen

On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 8:41 AM, eBay Member: z50guru <z50gur_mr4
And that's why I shop on Amazon instead. I got mine for something like $38 with free shipping. It came FedEx.
I've been a splitting fool ever since! :msp_biggrin:

The "I don't buy off ebay cause of things like this" seems a little overboard to me. There's crooks everywhere, one has to do their homework. I find eBay a very useful place to save money but a simple google search prior to hitting the "buy" button or a knowledge of what a "normal" price is for the item is a prerequisite. But, it should be for anything you buy.

I shopped locally for my insert two months ago. I called to order it and would of had they not tried to add in another $150 for their "stock" item to be shipped to their store. I went on eBay, searched the same model and bought one for a little over $300 less than the local guys. I also had it delivered to my garage whereas the local guy wanted $100 to drop it off.

I just had two arrive today as gifts. Free shipping. He has 3 left. Matter fact last two weeks had every x series arrive from fleabay no issues.

ebay x27

Can someone tell me why the X27 is so expensive on ebay? They have a couple listed that are $255 and some others are over $100. What is going on with that? On other stuff, they price stuff high because they have ran out of stock so they price it high so nobody will buy it. But the one that is $255, they have some available. Surely there are not people paying that price for a Fiskars.

fiskars x27 | eBay

Haha. That's a typo dude. The last one she sold was for $54.99 . She was selling them for $49.99 previously. She's really ripping them a new one...:msp_biggrin:

Also, other markets.

In Australia, retail on a x27 seems to be $139. After expedited air freight by Ups from baileys I estimate the landed price to be $85 AUD, which is about $89USD, and item price was $49.99.

And if you think that's bad, saw prices are worse :msp_scared:

Back