Fixing to purchase this 066 online

logdog902

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
What do you guys think of this 066?

I have an 036 pro and 025 that are my work saws, but I am lacking on the big saw side of things. I dont really want to run anything more than a 20” bar on the 036 pro, and I need a bigger saw.

Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks

logdog902

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
What do you guys think of this 066?

I have an 036 pro and 025 that are my work saws, but I am lacking on the big saw side of things. I dont really want to run anything more than a 20” bar on the 036 pro, and I need a bigger saw.

Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks
Edit: No idea why the link turned to a foreign language, it works fine

Bob Hedgecutter

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well, as long as it isnt some kind of Russian scam...... its and early 066 with flat top, metal ID tag, alloy airbox cover and redlight, narrow recoil, dual port muffler.
What is not to like?
Bar and chain look good- no busted up cracked covers, missing the rubber bit that guides the tuning screwdriver to the screw head- but that is all at a glance/
Can be interesting matching up ignition parts for these if something dies, no decomp so you have to eat your Wheaties for breakfast.
If it is not worn out top or bottom end- they are a nice strong saw- not quite as well parts supported as the newer rounder top with decomp sister to the 660- but most can be found and/or is same/similar- or can be swapped out for later versions (ignitions and flywheels- but then you also need the wider recoil cover).

logdog902

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
thanks for the breakdown hedgecutter!

I have a friend whos going to pick up the saw, as they are nearby, and as soon as they have their hands on it it’s a done deal! Got a video of it starting and running, sounds great and makes good compression by the looks of it!

I’ll post again when it’s in my hands and I’ll let you know how it all works out👍👍

logdog902

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
After doing some more inspecting, it looks like a red light with the Arctic package? (See heating switch Below the tuning access and red light)?

Hoping this is an early touring model of the 066 with all the goodies haha, wish me luck! Should be in my hands by Friday