Flexible Stainless Steel Liner

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I take it you "moved" your chimney then. I have considered doing the same. I will get someone to give me an estimate on the whole shebang. Thanks for the info. Luckily I only have about 30 feet.
Nah it's in the same place as the old one, just was the cheapest option for me. This picture it wasn't quite finished yet. You can see where the old chimney was butted up against the house behind it.

Attachments

• 20220726_094609.jpg
    20220726_094609.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1
Nah it's in the same place as the old one, just was the cheapest option for me. This picture it wasn't quite finished yet. You can see where the old chimney was butted up against the house behind it.
Do you have problems with the spark arrestor screen plugging off? I opted to leave mine off for fear of pluggage. My chimney is a tall 2 stories and far enough away from the leading edge of the roof to make it impossible to reach. The unintended consequence.....birds building a nest during the spring/summer. But at least I can knock them loose...

Do you have problems with the spark arrestor screen plugging off? I opted to leave mine off for fear of pluggage. My chimney is a tall 2 stories and far enough away from the leading edge of the roof to make it impossible to reach. The unintended consequence.....birds building a nest during the spring/summer. But at least I can knock them loose...
It has the same screen size as my old cap. I never had issues with it plugging up before, so I don't think I'll have issues with this style either.

Sean is that height above the roof code? Mine is 4’ higher than the roof.
No, that picture was before it was finished, we were short a 3 foot section of pipe, and they were calling for rain that night. So they tossed the cap on it. It was missing 2 wall straps, and the flashing wasn't finished in that picture as well. I didn't take any pictures of it finished.

I installed a woodstove in my existing traditional fireplace. I got a complete system stove to chimney cap from Rockford
https://www.rockfordchimneysupply.com

The liner was a custom flexible so I would not have to hack the fireplace to run the flue, just remove the damper. The fireplace has a smokebox then a tile lined flue to the outlet. Flue was too big for stove to draft properly. The liner was sized to the stove with a t-connector with a cleanout. Also insulated the liner. Draft is great and almost no buildup of crap in the flue.

Rockford has, or will make what you need. Delivery was free. All UL listed, 316 stainless,
lifetime transferable warranty.

View attachment 1013882View attachment 1013883View attachment 1013884
+1 on this company, I have that same setup and they are nice to deal with.

Insulating the liner is a performance enhancer for certain. Keeping the exhaust hotter to the termination reduces creo buildup as well as lets the system draft better. Easier cold starts. Reduced smoke rollout etc.
Many/Most old masonry chimneys don't have the clearance to combustibles that code defines. Some do. For that reason alone a great many flex liners get installed with insulation. Safety and performance. Good combo.
Do some research on required clearance to combustibles for masonry chimneys. Might find it rather interesting. Good luck.
Funny that you say this but when I had my chimney built. My masons insurance had more rigid clearance standards than my insurance company did. Glad I didn't put the hole through the block till he got there. I had dug the hole outside and put in the footer.

Back