Foley Belsaw 308

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick62

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I have been busy, and missing from here for awhile, sorry folks.
It has been a hectic summer to say the least!

Sold my grinder to Paul, and wanted to get a second grinder setup... So... I paid too much for it, but I have the Foley Belsaw 308.
Probably what tipped my finger on the "sold" button was the picture with the factory reverse... Yeah!
So, set it up, clean it up a little, and start figuring out the personality of the machine. I really really like it!
The bearing assembly is quite loose, and noisy even with fresh lube in it.
20210829_120355.jpg20210829_154446.jpg
So... parts are made out of unobtainium, I will drop into my local machine shop and see what we can create. New belt is on the way. I envision a piece of tubing with bearings inserted in each end with a NEW shaft thru it. We shall see...

The Foley is almost as accurate as the Stihl USG, but easier to see what you are doing without a motor hanging in the way. I think with a little practice I will have this one dialed in and will be makin' some very nice chains with it.

Well... new capacitor is ordered now.
it got to where it would turn a little, each direction but not start.
I did a little pokin' around the web, a motor should be obtainable...
Nothing is easy, is it?
just tried it again, started right up. it's the cap... once cooled off, it works?

Oh fiddle...
3m292d is ordered.
It would seem that after 40 years... it could stand being replaced. what's a hundred bucks??
Money grows on trees, and I am going to be doing a bit more sharpening out here, it will pay for itself.

I searched that general electric number on google, and it linked to a thread on Arboristsite. Where it was mentioned this number...
Sometimes I LOVE being able to find stuff that easily.

Latest posts

Back