For those making custom firewood processors...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HalfRapid

Reaction score
Well its that time of year again. Long time lurker and figured I would help out some of you DIYers.

I have some back problems and made a unique setup to do my firewood to lessen bending over. Everyone's ideas are their own, but most need a starting point. Most here know if you can keep your overall cost down and maintain a good speed it is a win. Your payback is lessened. Just figured I would put my vintage 032 to the side as old reliable and get a brand new 261 for the power to weight ratio. I am a CNC machinist and programmer by trade and designed a bracket to mount a midsize Stihl or Husky chainsaw. Works pretty slick and then I refined it even more for the new saw.

At any rate if the moderators have no problem I am just gauging interest and I can send out to the water jet to cut out a batch. Steel prices like everything else is still high(.250 plate) which is a bummer , but maybe guys here are in the middle of their project or about to start. Will come tacked together and you can then drill holes to mount to whatever setup. I have attached a some quick pics. Price would be around $92+ shippng I figure.

Attachments

• sawbracket.jpg
    sawbracket.jpg
    561.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 032s.jpeg
    032s.jpeg
    735.7 KB · Views: 0
  • firewood.jpeg
    firewood.jpeg
    227.2 KB · Views: 0
Back