Four Inch Tie-In System

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolgen10

Reaction score
The US Department of Agriculture Climbing Guide, section 6.3, discusses the "Four Inch Tie-In System" for access trees above a 4-inch bole diameter.

Does anyone here use the Four Inch Tie-In System?

If so, does anyone know of a place I can buy a kit with all the parts?

Honestly, most are already in my tool bag such as carabiners and slings. Can someone recommend a dynamic rope to use with it? That does not seem to be commonly available at an online arborist store and is more like something a rock climber would use. The US Department of Agriculture Climbing Guide describes a dynamic rope as one that "... has an elongation of 40 to 60 percent at the breaking strength and less than 10 percent elongation at a working load of 176 pounds. A dynamic rope absorbs the shock of a fall, giving the climber added protection. Principal uses for dynamic ropes include safety lines and 4-inch tie-in systems"

Thanks in advance!

Yea you probably will have a hard time finding that at an abortionist store lol. I didnt even know they had storefronts! [emoji23][emoji23]

• Aim High, Climb Trees •

Back