FS45 trimmer problem, help!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm. I did that on something else recently and it fit. Must have been a different ZBend.

It could still be adapted. Sometimes the throttle shaft from the old carb can be put on the new one. I’ve also cut off part of the z bend and built it up with solder to form the bullet end. When you’re dealing with aftermarket parts you sometimes have to get creative.
the slight slop wasnt an issue with the replacement one i got either, just unclipped the circlip, took the older style cable anchor out and threaded the 2 bent bit through the hole. was ready to throw it of a bridge with the OEM carb, the cheap chinese one runs like a dream, go figure????

the slight slop wasnt an issue with the replacement one i got either, just unclipped the circlip, took the older style cable anchor out and threaded the 2 bent bit through the hole. was ready to throw it of a bridge with the OEM carb, the cheap chinese one runs like a dream, go figure????

Did you order the carb in the link that I provided? It’s been a while since I’ve ordered one. I’m hoping he still offers the same carb. The one that actually works! lol

I have a bought used FS45 and it ran great for a few years. Last spring it wouldn't fire up. Cylinder/ piston is pristine, has spark, clean exhaust screen, cleaned carb again. Tried gas in carb throat. Pull till i'm blue in the face, choke on, choke off. Put a different flywheel on thinking it was timing. When it does fire it sounds like a back fire , sometimes out the muffler sometimes out the carb. Any thoughts appreciated.

I have a bought used FS45 and it ran great for a few years. Last spring it wouldn't fire up. Cylinder/ piston is pristine, has spark, clean exhaust screen, cleaned carb again. Tried gas in carb throat. Pull till i'm blue in the face, choke on, choke off. Put a different flywheel on thinking it was timing. When it does fire it sounds like a back fire , sometimes out the muffler sometimes out the carb. Any thoughts appreciated.
have you tried it with the muffler removed ?

@frank_ or anyone else, I pulled the muffler and when it does fire I get flame shooting at least 2 " out the exhaust port. Put a new carb on as in the link above to ebay and it's the same old thing. Refuses to run. I find it difficult to believe it could be a bent connecting rod.

@frank_ or anyone else, I pulled the muffler and when it does fire I get flame shooting at least 2 " out the exhaust port. Put a new carb on as in the link above to ebay and it's the same old thing. Refuses to run. I find it difficult to believe it could be a bent connecting rod.
does sound like spark timing eh, have you tried the old flywheel ?

Gentlemen, I cleaned the new used flywheel and crank and tapped it down with a deep well socket before I put the clutch on. I think I got it on pretty firmly. Then I used a cloth band filter wrench with rope in the cylinder to tighten the clutch down. I Believe the timing is out of wack. Do I advance or retard the timing and how much? I assume that setting the flywheel counter clockwise will advance the timing. Any idea on how many degrees I should try. Thoughts and thanks.

Latest posts

Back