Fuel Cap Vent

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Homelite's way of venting some of their plastic fuel tanks : using their standard #69541 duck bill check valve .
They are readily available on line or thru Oregon .
FYI , the hole in the tank is a snug fit for a #26 drill bit , but a #25 is too large to fit .
Thanks ... I found a vented cap that fits but that's good information!

Thanks ... I saw those too, but I read several comments complaining about the quality of those caps. Apparently they break and/or leak? Regardless, I found a Husqvarna cap with the duckbill style vent in it that should do the trick. Now I just have to do some testing and find out if that's all my problem was or if there are other issues. I'll be surprised if I don't have one or more vacuum leaks, considering the saw's age. These saws may not be great, but they're certainly simple and easy to work on. I have a couple McCulloch mini's and they're a real pain to service. Whoever designed those needs to be taken out back and shot. I've pretty much resigned myself to parting those out and selling the parts to anyone who's crazy enough to still be running one of those :laugh:

Latest posts

Back