Fuel leaking from tank vent hose

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe.snow

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a Shindaiwa 488 that is leaking fuel out the bottom of the tank vent hose. Has anyone worked on these? if so what should i do next. It is not the fuel line as i have recently replaced it. Here is a pic of it i found on the internet.
pic.PNG

in the historic partner there was no fuel tank venting line / I put a hose on both sides with screws on the probe / and it works well to this day to my amazement

I would add a duckbill on the pipe in the tank / because fuel will always pass through this element
That's a good idea although i'm not sure how i would do it. It seems to only leak while the tank is full and on the back of the truck. Saw never goes on its side.
Look at the complete picture of the IPL. The element is inserted in the end of the breather hose, which I don't see in ur pic. Or is the fuel line missing? Looks like the fuel line goes into the opening on top of the tank, as the line has a built in grommet per the IPL.
The fuel line is missing in that picture. That hose is the breather, cannot see the element.

This is a totally useless reply to your question, but I've been running a 488 that barfs fuel from (assuming) the same location. My solution has been to gas it up, cut wood, and call it a day. LOL! It's been running hard for at least 6 years, so don't lose too much sleep over it.

in the historic partner there was no fuel tank venting line / I put a hose on both sides with screws on the probe / and it works well to this day to my amazement
My Solo 680 uses a screw in the fuel line as a venting mechanism It was that way when I got it and I think it is the original factory design
Seems to work fine

Back