fuel line on a 455 rancher

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huskydavid

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
i need help! ive look on line and ive not found the information i need! ive got a 455 husqvarna rancher im having trouble looking fuel line / purge bulb correctly! theres not video that shows what im looking for! i need to know which line goes where? there two holes in tank and two nipple on card ? which line does the filter go on? which is the return line? this is the firt saw with a purge blub! and help would be appreciated!

Filtered line should come out the hole furthest back on the field tank. That goes to the barn on the right hand side (as looked at from the rear). Purge attaches to the Barb on the left side of the carb, it should put suction on this line (if you press the bulb in, sealing one of the connections should prevent it popping back out... This is the one you connect to the carb). The other side of the purge returns fuel to the tank via the line into the further forward hole

Filtered line should come out the hole furthest back on the field tank. That goes to the barn on the right hand side (as looked at from the rear). Purge attaches to the Barb on the left side of the carb, it should put suction on this line (if you press the bulb in, sealing one of the connections should prevent it popping back out... This is the one you connect to the carb). The other side of the purge returns fuel to the tank via the line into the further forward hole
thank you

im waiting on a kit for the carburetor at this time.
Depending on what the issue is, quite often you can get away with just cleaning & re-assembling.
Obviously if the gaskets break they have to be replaced, & diaphragms need replacing if they're stretched/ stiff/ damaged/ deformed. Metering valve needs replacing if it leaks which will be revealed by pressure testing the inlet.
If it's just full of crud, giving all the passages & screen a good clean (don't hammer it with compressed air) may be all that's required

Back