Fuel sensitive? 572xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Backstage

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Wondering if I've got a problem saw, just need more break in time, or if it's the nut behind the handle that needs adjusting.

I have a new 572XP. Just a couple tanks of fuel through it. I'm not a pro logger, I just go through a dozen or so cords a year and prefer to enjoy doing it with good equipment. We've been bucking oak log on the weekends, and today we could NOT get the new 572 to kick over. My older 455 started up okay on the same fuel. Fuel was ethanol free rec gas with 50:1 sthil synthetic oil, two weeks old. We have another autotune saw (550XP) that also wouldn't start on the same gas. Are these new saws picky drinkers?

Any pointers or advice appreciated.

Thought I should come back and revisit this for future reference, I’m real happy with this saw after a some months. Unboxing reviews anyone? No thanks, I’d rather listen to someone who’s got it nice and scuffed. :p

So I’ve run this saw a number of times since the “honeymoon”. For instance, pulled it out today to clear a large number of trees this saw is MASSIVELY overqualified to take down. 40 degree weather. It starts on the first pull, idles nicely, and four strokes WOT like somebody who knows what they’re doing just tuned it. Warm started perfectly single pull about a dozen times during the afternoon as well.

For what it’s worth, I believe the E0 rec fuel I’m running is from the same pump. We’re adding Stabill and Seafoam now, same Stihl premium oil at 50:1. This fuel has been around in this state since late November.

In short, after initial frustrations, and with fuel in good condition, the 572 is a real keeper.

Latest posts

Back