Gates belts for Carlton stump grinders

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure Dave,

Its a 2001 Carlton 4400-4 with 44HP Deutz.

Thanks
Chris

Hi Chris, I am a little confused Carlton doesn't use any spring loaded tensioners on their machines. If you have a 4400-4 then you have a drive belt that comes off the engine and goes down to the Jackshaft and then your poly chain belt connects to the sprocket on the other end of the jackshaft and the poly chain belt goes from there down to the cutter wheel. In order to tighten the drive belt you have to turn the turn buckle on the operators side of the machine under your engagement handle. and to adjust your poly chain belt you have to move the bearings forward on the cutter wheel. I only know of 5 tensioners on the Carlton 4400-4 2 are on the machine as listed above and 3 are on the Deutz engine one is for the alternator and one is for the hydraulic belt and the last one is for your timing belt. I would be happy to talk with you more if you would like you can call us at 1-770-966-9056

Ok sure, thanks for that Dave. I have plans to introduce a belt with tensioner as a modification....

Chris

Hi Chris,

If you're trying to introduce a tensioner on the drive belt that comes off the engine, please be careful as the cutter wheel head may still turn without it being engaged.

Thanks,

Dave

Does anyone know where I can get the motor drive 4 rib v belt for a Carlton 3500 stump grinder tow behind

Back