Generac Kinetic 22 ton log splitters

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya, once Dr cloned the SuperSplit in Chicom the flood gates were opened. The first bunch that hit the west coast a couple months after dr's unit were really pathetic. As Dr's 2nd generation unit is still having difficulties- I wouldn't put my Green backs on any of those. Save your pennies and pony up for the real deal - they also tend to go for 80% or better of new price when they show up used which is pretty rare.

Why do they keep making this crap knowing the history behind their failures . It is obviously a huge risk . Kinda like buying a brand new Edsel . Thing is a piece of junk before it ever leaves the store. Add another grand and buy a super split . Let's face it ,The Chinese can't even make a decent pair of pliers that work How will they ever hope to make a durable kinetic log splitter

I will never buy anything Generac ever again. We had a Dixie Chopper mower with a Kohler engine on it, and in 15 years, the only thing I did was replace a bent valve in the 14th year. We traded it for a new model 2 years ago with a Generac engine, and within 6 months had to replace the engine, it has had surge problems since it was new that the dealer cannot figure out, and now it's in the shop again for a valve job. Complete junk.

New Kohler engines are getting bad also. Made overseas and the quality and workmanship is indicative of that. Too bad because it used to be an outstanding engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are quiet because they don't run- leastwise when you really need it. Generac lost a multi Million dollar contract with a company because of the mindset of upper management- ( screw the customer)- Unfortunately this seems to be the new order of business in the upper ranks of corporate offices. A far cry from what used to be. More than several times in days gone by I would get a phone call at some godforsaken hour telling me to drop everything thing, air tickets waiting at counter, everything I would need would be waiting or in route and be available by the time I would get to wherever. No small feat considering that at that time computers, cell phones and the like as part of the info structure, hadn't been developed yet.

Ya, once Dr cloned the SuperSplit in Chicom the flood gates were opened. The first bunch that hit the west coast a couple months after dr's unit were really pathetic. As Dr's 2nd generation unit is still having difficulties- I wouldn't put my Green backs on any of those. Save your pennies and pony up for the real deal - they also tend to go for 80% or better of new price when they show up used which is pretty rare.

I've got a 2nd gen DR with the updated handle. It works well... but it's been in the shop twice (under warranty) and I've since bought the extended warranty.

Why do they keep making this crap knowing the history behind their failures . It is obviously a huge risk . Kinda like buying a brand new Edsel . Thing is a piece of junk before it ever leaves the store. Add another grand and buy a super split . Let's face it ,The Chinese can't even make a decent pair of pliers that work How will they ever hope to make a durable kinetic log splitter

Don't knock the Edsel. The only thing really bad about it was the hype.

http://content.time.com/time/specials/2007/article/0,28804,1658545_1657867_1657781,00.html

Back