General supplys Check

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sb47

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Made my general supply order/run yesterday.
I picked up 4 chains (yellow chains) for my ms362.
I also picked up 8 chains for both my ms 290 and ms261c (yellow chains) 4 for the 290 and 4 for the 261.
I also got a box of 12 files, and 4 gallons of Stihl high performance 2 stroke oil and 10 gallons of bar oil, and 30 gallons of E free fuel.
That should keep me cutting for quite some time.
I'm planning on ordering another Countyline 40 ton log splitter after the first of the year. I have the cash set aside for the new splitter.
I'm going to set up 2 splitting stations and have one splitter for a back up in case my first one goes down.
I'm also thinking on getting my first dump trailer.
Gotta keep the wood flowing.

Hmm, I dont use that much fuel this time of year, and I dont worry about the ethonal so no reason to stock up on it, I normally keep 1 or 2 new chains on hand for each saw, and about 3 or 4 in rotation. I like to keep a gallon of 2 stroke oil on hand, and typically will keep about 4 gallons of bar oil on hand as well, but once I open the last. I'll go buy more. I keep a box of files for .325 and 3/8 on hand, and one tri corner for 3/8 square. I should be good till spring for sure, unless I bugger up a few chains.

@svk how much they hit you for the fuel? See people buying it at lowes and home depot works out to to over $20 a gallon . When I tell them they can get it for 2.79 a gallon down the road I either get it's just easier than going to the gas station or it's not as good as the can gas.

@svk how much they hit you for the fuel? See people buying it at lowes and home depot works out to to over $20 a gallon . When I tell them they can get it for 2.79 a gallon down the road I either get it's just easier than going to the gas station or it's not as good as the can gas.
$19.95 a gallon for 40 or 50:1 around here. I think that's crazy but the stuff is sold out all the time. 92 non oxy, star tron, yamalube and I am out for at the most $4 a gallon. Haven't cleaned one of my own carbs in years and have yet to burn one down for lack of lube.

Back