General supplys Check

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sb47

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Made my general supply order/run yesterday.
I picked up 4 chains (yellow chains) for my ms362.
I also picked up 8 chains for both my ms 290 and ms261c (yellow chains) 4 for the 290 and 4 for the 261.
I also got a box of 12 files, and 4 gallons of Stihl high performance 2 stroke oil and 10 gallons of bar oil, and 30 gallons of E free fuel.
That should keep me cutting for quite some time.
I'm planning on ordering another Countyline 40 ton log splitter after the first of the year. I have the cash set aside for the new splitter.
I'm going to set up 2 splitting stations and have one splitter for a back up in case my first one goes down.
I'm also thinking on getting my first dump trailer.
Gotta keep the wood flowing.

Last week I bought two six packs of mix for 2 1/2 gallon jugs. What's that, thirty gallons of mix? I've gone through almost 25 gallons of mix this year and guessing eight , maybe 9 gallons of bar oil. I've had two gallons of winter bar oil on the shelf for a couple years, and started using some last week. Pretty thin stuff. Now we have snow/rain. Pretty sloppy mess.
And just remembered, I ordered two short files for the 90° bar dressing jig that are prepaid, and need to be picked up.
On my third chain and second bar for the 562XP. The first bar just needs cleaned up, before re-use.
I should probably sell the 661, as it just doesn't get used. And maybe the 357XP, for the same reason. End of the year thoughts. If it doesn't get used why keep it. Downsize from four to two, saws, 562, and 021 for small brush type stuff to 5".
Then again, does it matter if a saw sits on the shelf?

Last week I bought two six packs of mix for 2 1/2 gallon jugs. What's that, thirty gallons of mix? I've gone through almost 25 gallons of mix this year and guessing eight , maybe 9 gallons of bar oil. I've had two gallons of winter bar oil on the shelf for a couple years, and started using some last week. Pretty thin stuff. Now we have snow/rain. Pretty sloppy mess.
And just remembered, I ordered two short files for the 90° bar dressing jig that are prepaid, and need to be picked up.
On my third chain and second bar for the 562XP. The first bar just needs cleaned up, before re-use.
I should probably sell the 661, as it just doesn't get used. And maybe the 357XP, for the same reason. End of the year thoughts. If it doesn't get used why keep it. Downsize from four to two, saws, 562, and 021 for small brush type stuff to 5".
Nope doesnt matter. That's why I cant bring myself to get rid of any of mine. Some day you'll want to run one of them and there they will be waiting for your embrace

I have more than a dozen saws and two are brand new which have been holding down a shelf for a year or so. When I have some cutting to do they will earn their keep. With pricing going up will doubt that I will loose interest in cutting up some trees soon. I has never paid to get rid of saws. Thanks

OP - You are in Texas? That is a heck of a supply of "stuff"...

How much do you burn per year?
I sell over 100+ cords a year. I burn about 1 1/2 in the wood stove in the house and another cord or two in the stove in the shop. Then I burn several cords outside in the fire pit and a few in the bbq pit. I guess I burn 8 or 10+ cords myself. The rest I sell.

Back