ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc
Gold Clip Capital

Good Morning check in

ray benson

ray benson

Tree Freak
Evening guys.
Managed to find a few things to do today :).
Buddy stopped by with a Honda snowblower, the auger wasn't spinning on one side, I figured it was just the shear pin. Once he got here with it I saw it and realized the bolt that holds the auger to an adapter(sort of) which the shear pin goes thru, was missing. I'm not sure if the smaller bolt(10mm head) came loose or was loose and sheared off, but it wasn't there. Off to the ace hardware and we grabbed a couple new bolts and a couple nylock(spelling ?) nuts. Didn't even spend a dollar :clap:, that's a pretty cheap fix. Sent him on his way after another buddy arrived and hung out with him for a while.
Hope you guys had a great day too.
Had to tear down my Toro snowblower last night to replace the primer bulb. It has a 2 stroke motor. Not sure if they even sell 2-stroke snowblowers any more.

Broken

Broken

The Great White North...Eh !
hi B - yeah, familiar with PEX. guess to do meter to house, then redo the house, shouldn't run more than... $10-12K... :popcorn2:

:rolleyes:

if I can find a plumber not too busy! lol :cool:
If it wasn't for the pandemic I would volunteer to do the plumbing for you , did both my main house and the guest house 7 yrs ago. It really is a diy type job , you the patient type ? However most likely a rush job in your situation so better leave it to a pro . I happy your doing ok with all this going on , hopefully the worst is behind you , fingers crossed all the best bud !

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Had to tear down my Toro snowblower last night to replace the primer bulb. It has a 2 stroke motor. Not sure if they even sell 2-stroke snowblowers any more.
I have a couple of them in the basement that need new bulbs too. I think I have a total of 4 of the toro two-stroke single stage units and one older Honda 4-stroke single stage. The one my boy has been using is an 18" toro, used it yesterday at the neighbors, does a great job for 3hp. I don't think they make them anymore, but the new 4-stroke single stage versions do much better than the early versions, they were pretty bad. The Honda 4-stroke single stages were great though :rock:.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
If it wasn't for the pandemic I would volunteer to do the plumbing for you , did both my main house and the guest house 7 yrs ago. It really is a diy type job , you the patient type , however most likely a rush job in your situation so better leave it to a pro . I happy your doing ok with all this going on , hopefully the worst is behind you , fingers crossed all the best bud !
That's an awfully nice offer, if it wasn't for the weather in Texas I'd think you were trying to get where it's warmer:laughing:.

Oldmaple

Oldmaple

Addicted to ArboristSite
14F/-10C up to 25F/-4C with a few snowflakes but the weather dogs came in unflaked. Sheriff showed up at the project house looking for a certain person (not me :)). They had a tip that the person of interest was living there. I think that I convinced the officer that I wasn't the person of interest since I showed up at the door covered in drywall dust. Kind of expecting to show up today and have the place surrounded by a SWAT team. :crazy2:I've heard that the previous owner wasn't the most pure of an individual so probably someone associated with him. Make it a good one everybody.

1613732262841.png

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good afternoon all, 20° at chores time and cloudy. Animals are fed and watered, bipeds fed and out the door for some early morning shopping. I like to get out and back before the snow hits the fan. I didn't need much but wifey did and she doesn't like to drive in the winter. So I drive Miss Daisy all winter now, joy. Weather prognosticators are saying that we might not get much at all, which won't hurt my feelings. I already have a skating rink in the driveway and down to the garage and barn. It's a little uneven, like a washboard, but it's slick. More ash from the boiler should help. I'll check in a while. Play safe out there.
'snow hits the fan! lol :laugh: good one - they got it wrong here, too dj... called for 21f this ar as the low, we got 26f!

no complaints as to the error.... :drinkingcoffee:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Been reading about the Texas power issues. Perfect storm. Big plants shut down for maintenance - so they can go full bore in the summer. Your 10% wind capacity shut down because of weather and ice. Natural gas power plants not properly insulated for cold weather , same as issue they had in 2011. And they say Texas isn't hooked in to the national grid, so we can't help ya. :surprised3:
you understand the issue! funny thing is many countries have more cold weather than we do, and they dont loose power on a major scale. resistance is high to national grid, reportedly keeping rates low. low temps, low water and low rates! well, 2 out of 3 not bad... :popcorn2:

no bike ride yesterday, but a couple nice mile walks with pups... one all bundled up at 11 pm! brrr