ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc
Gold Clip Capital

Good Morning check in

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Evening guys. Buddy stopped by with a Honda snowblower, the auger wasn't spinning on one side, I figured it was just the shear pin. Once he got here with it I saw it and realized the bolt that holds the auger to an adapter(sort of) which the shear pin goes thru, was missing. I'm not sure if the smaller bolt(10mm head) came loose or was loose and sheared off, but it wasn't there. Off to the ace hardware and we grabbed a couple new bolts and a couple nylock(spelling ?) nuts. Didn't even spend a dollar :clap:, that's a pretty cheap fix. Sent him on his way after another buddy arrived and hung out with him for a while. Hope you guys had a great day too.
hi chipper - that's :dumb:nailing 'em at the cash register! :numberone: (gasoline, $3, time, $30 value, extra bolt, nut under $1: priceless.... )

for my lil fireplace tongs, i just reached into one of my nutz-n-bolts bins. 4mm i think it was. cost: under 1-cent.... (was NIB!) :cool:

ps: yes, good speller - spelled correctly...

nylock nut
1613741937866.png
swell nuts! rarely if ever back off! no loctite blue needed -

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Days are lengthening. With the extra warmth turning top of snow into vapor, sun helped, I tried driving out, pecking with the post hole shovel in between, til 6 this evening. Not to long ago got dark about 4:35 IIRC. Darking now (6:05) a few minutes later. Did put front tires on street and was clearing a bit more for a good run onto road since line of sight is not a lot. Above freezing they project for tomorrow, so may be able to get to the auction house I was at last Saturday. It was postponed a week I found out after arriving:angry:
Good evening
sounds good for you, SeMOT - pleasant warm weather always :numberone:, imo! said on tv news this morning... re: bare shelves at stores.... milk should return soon, but as for produce... it will take a while! [:laugh::rolleyes: no joke!] expect shortages and higher prices. what else is new... lol ;)

stay warm... pix? send pix.... :yes:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Had to tear down my Toro snowblower last night to replace the primer bulb. It has a 2 stroke motor. Not sure if they even sell 2-stroke snowblowers any more.
i remember they used to sell 2-stroke mowers. had them at HD years ago. $69.00 NIB! never bought one...

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
If it wasn't for the pandemic I would volunteer to do the plumbing for you , did both my main house and the guest house 7 yrs ago. It really is a diy type job , you the patient type , however most likely a rush job in your situation so better leave it to a pro . I happy your doing ok with all this going on , hopefully the worst is behind you , fingers crossed all the best bud !
hi B - nah, no rush job! :havingarest: already seen one neighbor's plumbing bill for small leak: $365! :oops:

$365 buys a lot of diesel and plenty :givebeer: Miller's...

things changed last nite, we are one more step up the steps... :)
thanks for the offer... lol

(memo to self: offer -haha! :rolleyes: )

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
14F/-10C up to 25F/-4C with a few snowflakes but the weather dogs came in unflaked. Sheriff showed up at the project house looking for a certain person (not me :)). They had a tip that the person of interest was living there. I think that I convinced the officer that I wasn't the person of interest since I showed up at the door covered in drywall dust. Kind of expecting to show up today and have the place surrounded by a SWAT team. :crazy2:I've heard that the previous owner wasn't the most pure of an individual so probably someone associated with him. Make it a good one everybody.

View attachment 890599
hi Om - glad to hear you slid past their radar! ... and dem cops din't think u was their man... and had just come to surrender, crawling out from area snow drifts.... covered in snow. 'we might have him now, got a suspect covered in snow... must be him. been hiding in snow, it's all over him!.....'

:givebeer: (later)

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good morning. 26*/snowflakes falling. Happy Friday Fish Fry day and National Tarter Sauce day. Snow turned to sleet yesterday and made snow removal miserable. More cleanup today. Need to make a trip to town for a new jumper hose for the air compressor and a beer run. Have a safe day all. FS.
Fried fish is near and dear to my :heart: ! you see, in my mems bank i have the privilege of having had real good fish n chips back when fish n chips were real good! having lived in England... real tasty stuff! almost a mecca each time we trekked to one of the local area shoppes. almost like a Mickey D's today... over there, they got plenty! :yes:

as for tatar sauce... just about my fav bite of salmon is... poached and some tartar on it, too! w/dash of garden fresh dill... :numberone:

1613743534523.png

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
If it wasn't for the pandemic I would volunteer to do the plumbing for you , did both my main house and the guest house 7 yrs ago. It really is a diy type job , you the patient type , however most likely a rush job in your situation so better leave it to a pro . I happy your doing ok with all this going on , hopefully the worst is behind you , fingers crossed all the best bud !
hey B - fyi - the airports are open today i hear... don't need no plumbing help... i am a pretty good plumber... got the dents in my helmet from Instructors to bear that out! lol :dumb: [no, NO! this way!!... do it this way, like this... see?....]

'hmmm, dang it all!, now where's that carrier....how did he say to locate.....?'

1613744280243.png

but... you could NDA down some smoked caribou, moose, salmon and... some vension sticks to help us with chow as we fix pipes... pantry low!
:yes::rock2:

djones

djones

Addicted to ArboristSite
you understand the issue! funny thing is many countries have more cold weather than we do, and they dont loose power on a major scale. resistance is high to national grid, reportedly keeping rates low. low temps, low water and low rates! well, 2 out of 3 not bad... :popcorn2:

no bike ride yesterday, but a couple nice mile walks with pups... one all bundled up at 11 pm! brrr
11 PM. That's my bedtime, not walking time. You are a brave soul.

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Nah Brett , just trying to find Tex's stash of Miller ! I hear its outrageous :blob2::laughing:
B, you'll never find it! but you are right... outrageous in taste, if not quantity... but fyi - always ready to share one.... :cool:
zzzzxMT.jpg
ps: don't send :heart: , just send the venison sticks and smoked salmon, etc....

djones

djones

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good morning all, 18° and light snow. Animals are fed and watered, bipeds fed and :drinkingcoffee: is hot. Boiler is stuffed for another 8 hour shift and a pathway is cleared to the woodshed and greenhouse. I'll plow when it's done snowing. We have a 2 to 3 inch cover on our skating areas, good thing there's chains on the tractor. I do have to go and bring in the garbage can before the town decides to play hockey with it. Looks like I do have some things to take care of today. I thought that holding down my side of the couch was going to be my big job or maybe studying the vein patterns of my eyelids from the inside, they've never been mapped out and are probably due. That's a job I'm ready and willing to do. :rock2: Play safe out there.

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good morning all, 18° and light snow. Animals are fed and watered, bipeds fed and :drinkingcoffee: is hot. Boiler is stuffed for another 8 hour shift and a pathway is cleared to the woodshed and greenhouse. I'll plow when it's done snowing. We have a 2 to 3 inch cover on our skating areas, good thing there's chains on the tractor. I do have to go and bring in the garbage can before the town decides to play hockey with it. Looks like I do have some things to take care of today. I thought that holding down my side of the couch was going to be my big job or maybe studying the vein patterns of my eyelids from the inside, they've never been mapped out and are probably due. That's a job I'm ready and willing to do. :rock2: Play safe out there.
:numberone:

:cool:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
had one of those 'Ah-ha!' moments last night... but first

i got to grovel in the mud... well, around it. dint want to get dirty. and din't! :havingarest:

found the On/OFF to COH meter... easily enuff once i had its lats n longs...
P7300002.JPG
was happy to note that the leak meter was steady and not moving, ie, rotating... if, would have indicated leak(s) between meter and house. if would have been a :cry: for me and i just might have had to PM Broken... ;)

:givebeer:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
i was encouraged to get a plumber... [haha!] to come and inspect 'our plumbing'... o_O [as a matter of reference, called several yesterday. quote ok. 2 called back, 4 either mailbox full, or not taking calls at this time! (lol, guess swamped!) why? i asked.... to do what? tell me i have a leak! lol ;) ... knowing the house like back of my hand... been here a few :givebeer:'s.... first step - house off, it was. 2nd step, turn off meter cause frozen supply may have busted. in case u didn't know a frozen pipe expands about 9%... and that can create pressures upwards of 40,000 psi! [:surprised3:] then the reference said, 'and the pipe cannot take that!' oic - :laughing: no ch*t! step 3 check inside NW corner to garage in storage closet where old water softener used to be. vulnerable. should have prepped area better, but alas... didn't! outside only at on/off. so it din't take too much investigating and the situation was quite clear. busted pipe. valve actually. and not just one, but 2! so, need a line between all that old plumbing... after 6 calls this morning to here, there and almost everywhere... found an area hardware store with all we need. all but out on pvc and has lots of galv stuff. and the line i want to use. 2 days ago up at a HD N of town... the line was over 350 deep! and only allowing in 6 at a time! and we have seen on here n there... many going to supply places, like big boxes... are plumbers... buying out shelves at a time! all in all... loosing proposition, imo.... :omg:

Broken or Busted... all the same to me... leaks! frozen pipe ice damage
P7300005.JPG P7300006.JPG