ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Gold Clip Capital

Good Morning check in

SeMoTony

SeMoTony

Addicted to ArboristSite
sounds good for you, SeMOT - pleasant warm weather always :numberone:, imo! said on tv news this morning... re: bare shelves at stores.... milk should return soon, but as for produce... it will take a while! [:laugh::rolleyes: no joke!] expect shortages and higher prices. what else is new... lol ;)

stay warm... pix? send pix.... :yes:
Hey BL! 1st post today was @3° already added 20° with some bright sun scattered between clouds
Another thrill. Stock bought at 100shares/.13 sold today @ .23 per 100 sold half million shares so netted about $485 profits after fees each way
Play safe n warm

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
the ah, ha! moment...

so the neighbor we have been able to get water from texted last nite. main is Off, we have broken pipe in back yard, leaking.... the QB reads that to me and i go :nofunny: no water?!.... and they neighbor says, but we will turn on when u want water, so just call. :) phew - that'll work....

so i got back to KP. then moments later, the proverbial light just on its own... turns ON! 'ah ha! hey!' i say to me... hmm, well i got water water meter to house. and i got 5 outdoor faucets. and 4 are other side of house on/ff... but... 1 is between meter and house. :) and i have no leaks in that segment of the supply per COH leak meter! o_O

that means: we got water on property! :yes::cool::numberone: !

'if it works...' says u know who... lol. so i go out and yes got water... right outside the garage. priceless
1613751631088.png

one step up... one step closer to normal. plenty water and excellent flow and pressure! :dancing:

so better hit the road, get some plumbing items before all gone. glad i dont need pvc or PEX.

some Houston plumbing leaks stories for you before i go. no doubt characteristic city wide...

1) friend has couple rent houses. gets his plumber over to do copper repairs yesterday in the rent house. 2 hrs work $1200.00!

2) he is in construction. at a friend's house of his. 3 story. nice place. friend out of town past 8 days. left water at house ON! one broken pipe in attic... and all 3 floors flooded out and all celings, sheet rock wet or fell down... repair bill: will be over $100K!

have a nice day, stay warm. wish us luck...

'over n out!'

Broken

Broken

The Great White North...Eh !
had one of those 'Ah-ha!' moments last night... but first

i got to grovel in the mud... well, around it. dint want to get dirty. and din't! :havingarest:

found the On/OFF to COH meter... easily enuff once i had its lats n longs...
View attachment 890636
was happy to note that the leak meter was steady and not moving, ie, rotating... if, would have indicated leak(s) between meter and house. if would have been a :cry: for me and i just might have had to PM Broken... ;)

:givebeer:
Good find , one step at a time !

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Good morning guys :drinkingcoffee: .
Sun just popped up, beautiful blue skies :happy:.
Started out at 11 his morning heading to 27, heat wave compared to what it's been. Saw they are calling for 40's next week :havingarest:, maybe I'll be able to get some pics of people wearing shorts at the store :laughing:, no really :yes:. @Sty57 you breaking your shorts out :).
Hope you all have a great day.
Looks like I forgot to hit post this morning lol.
Good night guys.

farmer steve

farmer steve

outstanding in my field, 5150
Good morning guys :drinkingcoffee: .
Sun just popped up, beautiful blue skies :happy:.
Started out at 11 his morning heading to 27, heat wave compared to what it's been. Saw they are calling for 40's next week :havingarest:, maybe I'll be able to get some pics of people wearing shorts at the store :laughing:, no really :yes:. @Sty57 you breaking your shorts out :).
Hope you all have a great day.
Looks like I forgot to hit post this morning lol.
Good night guys.
Went for fuel yesterday. A little slushy around the pumps from the blowing snow. A girl pulled in behind me and got out slippin and slidin all over the place. From the dirty look I got I guess she heard me muttering something about diamond studded flip flops weren't the best footwear in the snow. :laughing:

Oldmaple

Oldmaple

Addicted to ArboristSite
15F/-9C up to 25F/-4C with snow tapering off. Weather dogs came in dry so it might have ended already. Boys team (boys too) played lousy last night and lost so the coach called for an 8 o'clock practice this morning. Torture for teens but makes me like the coach more. Hope he makes them run suicides. Got a call from my daughter, while I was at the game, that she was stuck in the driveway and she had to get to work. Her sister drove her to work. I got home from the game, car wasn't in the driveway, it was off in the yard. All she had to do was back straight out of the garage, turn into the parking area, and drive off. Instead she drives off into the yard. Now, I have to go pick her up from work this morning. Conversation might include some mocking about her driving skills. Make it a good one everybody.
1613822393572.png

Broken

Broken

The Great White North...Eh !
:drinkingcoffee:Morning folks ! 8 f heading to 27 f this afternoon and partly cloudy . Have the woodstove stoked with white birch & mountain ash . Temp around 68 f inside as I type , listening to radio some light snow overnite possible . Finished reno at my Sons around 4 pm yesterday . Kitchen island plumbed with pex and toilet & vanity in his wife's powder room installed also . Plenty of cold Miller in the fridge in his garage , taught the youngin well ! ;)

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
good morning - :drinkingcoffee: a 1613832380637.png day ahead... 37f 37f/58f.... i don't think water freezes between 37-58! :) no rains, light breeze at 4, windmill waiting. facing N. was quite a day yesterday, and another busy one is on our agenda today, too... but first read the news. :rock:

never got to the hardware store. didn't really like their 'no returns on any plumbing items!!' and despite a further look-see at my piping, etc... and finding 2 more pipe failures due to them being frozen... i cancelled any further thots with one plumber connection. just din't like the vibs i was getting... especially when my builder bud said the guy was good, but had a 'that's the price, take it or leave it!' :p i prepped the areas of planned work and tb'd with the other plumber. more so out of courtesy to the referring neighbor. din't plan to use him, but wanted a quote... :laugh: to appease you know who! ;) afterall, i am a died in the wool DIY'r.... 'ooh-rah!' :cool:.

and the new guy dint sound too encouraging... neighbor's place had one leak after another once water service restored... and he was running out of supplies!! :surprised3: that was it all over town, out, no, not got, dont have, sorry... this but not that, etc. but he would come and look at my situation...

4 leaking locations and one of those a total failure... discovered once all insulting items removed...

tv news last night showed may pix of split open copper tubing. one woman on tv said, and we insulated the pipes but they still broke! and is standing where her celing came down! little doubt about it, hard ice is hard on water pipes!

the night before, in part due to some comments made in this thread... i had spent some time researching PEX and such. :reading: a Milwaukee expander tool kit was almost $500.00... at least i had a conversational working knowledge of that system, even if -0- experience...

no experience, and no water! and the QB no particulary happy...

$479.00
1613833447205.png

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
the night before, in part due to some comments made in this thread... i had spent some time researching PEX and such. :reading: a Milwaukee expander tool kit was almost $500.00... at least i had a conversational working knowledge of that system, even if -0- experience...

no experience, and no water! and the QB no particulary happy...
yesterday - this is what greeted me, and another look at all my busted up piping... 2 leaks initially, and 2 more yesterday...one of the bibs snapped right off the end of a 3/4 outside extention used for garden water that side of house and outdoor kitchen sink....:cry: how did i know? i heard it hit the ground as i unwrapped that section. :surprised3:

:angry: 'buy at will, if u can find it... but no returns!' :nofunny: i did get the COH meter on/off to rotate, but not at first! wouldn't budge. why should it? hadn't been turned in over 35 years!! but a bigger wrench set up... and she did. of course, i was worred about it failing if too much twist pressure... and a geyser on the street side of meter.

DIY home plumbing. :heart: it! not! this was getting fun, faster than i could keep up! would someone please.... :givebeer:

P1010005.JPG P1010006.JPG P1010007.JPG

P1010015.JPG P1010017.JPG

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
well, the plumber guy finally showed up. had a truck covered, lockable bed full of this and that and buckets of fittings. with this and his TX lisence # on front fender... little doubt to me this guy was a plumber. seemed a bit young! he is a youthful Tex-Mex... 31! but knew how to sell himself... 'i am a journeyman plumber, grew up in a plumbing family... been at it all my life... my Dad is a Master, my uncle is a Master, my brother and all my cousins are journeyman... all working towards being Master...

:heart:

i thought, well... hmm.... :wtf: we were barely 20 + and flying jets and landing them on aircraft carriers... i decided to show him the job!
1613839194367.png

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
What's up guys.
Got outside "early" today to get the chickens all taken care of, it was so nice out that I decided I should be outside enjoying the sun. Not sure what the temp was then but we are up to 23 now and it was 10 earlier than Brett's early today lol. They are saying 28 today which is pretty warm in comparison to what it's been the last couple weeks, but the sun has disappeared behind the overcast and clouds now. Glad I got out when I did, even worked up a good sweat. Tuesday and wed look like scorchers, with highs of 39 and 41, I think I'll be inside painting at my MIL, @Oldmaple I heard you're pretty good at that, wanna come help :laugh:.
Make it a good one.