ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc
Gold Clip Capital

Good Morning check in

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
uh-huh! :yes: being just short of desperate.... he 'qualed ' ez! besides, i liked the size of his pipe wrench! ;)

DIY is great! but sometimes best to just go pro-level...

and sometimes you just get lucky:

total cost for the repair, system check out and flush, old out, new in, and water again - etc...

just under $200! :numberone:.

to celebrate :cheers:we grilled up some chops, pork steaks and strips...
View attachment 890840
View attachment 890841 View attachment 890842
Wow, that was a great deal :rock: .
That strips looks :sweet:. I think I need to get the meat market tomorrow.
When you're drowning and someone throws you a life jacket, you don't stop and ask if it's certified.
I was thinking more in line with the credentials he'd be showing him after he started the work lol.
Glad you guys were able to get the plow taken care of :).

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Just met a neighbor (I've only been here 9 years) who had intended to blade my drive for several days. His trips to town go the other way. I'm not introducing myself by asking a favor. So being stuck here since Monday, and working my way out yesterday I think it was, he shows up and blades the drive when forecast is 40's over next 2 days and 60+ Tuesday. Ron is a good man and my memory has been scrambled since 1972, so slack is cut. There is a Power greater than me with a sense of humor like mine which plays also. :yes: :laughing:
Well it should be nice and dried out in the next couple days :).
I told my neighbor yrs ago if he needs anything done let me know. It's the neighbor to the north of me where I cut firewood last spring and have keep his trails cleared for yrs. Right before we got that foot of snow his wife stops by, I didn't recognize her until she said who she was, she had been fighting something and was getting chemo treatments for quite a while, she looked great :clap:. She asking if I could help with the drive, sure can, I took care of it the next day, and earlier this week. I don't mind helping out, especially when someone is going thru a hard time, If everyone did that the world would be a much better place.

SeMoTony

SeMoTony

Addicted to ArboristSite
Well it should be nice and dried out in the next couple days :).
I told my neighbor yrs ago if he needs anything done let me know. It's the neighbor to the north of me where I cut firewood last spring and have keep his trails cleared for yrs. Right before we got that foot of snow his wife stops by, I didn't recognize her until she said who she was, she had been fighting something and was getting chemo treatments for quite a while, she looked great :clap:. She asking if I could help with the drive, sure can, I took care of it the next day, and earlier this week. I don't mind helping out, especially when someone is going thru a hard time, If everyone did that the world would be a much better place.
Pass It Forward ! Was the term. What I say to people who receive or provide help to me

farmer steve

farmer steve

outstanding in my field, 5150
Good morning. 20*/clear. Happy Sticky Bun Day. More firewood out the door yesterday. One guy stopped with a 5x10 dump trailer and bought a 1/2 cord I had stacked along the road for advertisement. He told me the last 1/2 cord he bought elsewhere didn't fill his trailer nearly as full. Off to wallyworld this morning and then just :havingarest:. Have a swell day men. FS.

Oldmaple

Oldmaple

Addicted to ArboristSite
10F/-12C up to 32F/0C with some snow promised for late today. My son got his 4WD truck stuck in my yard yesterday. Why do my kids keep driving their vehicles in my yard? Why not stay in the driveway? If they want to drive in the yard then I suggest that they get the shovel out and start shoveling. I guess I failed at instilling common sense in my kids. Make it a good one everybody.
1613909052906.png Just an added thought. 1613910120139.png

Broken

Broken

The Great White North...Eh !
Actually Tex regular Pex with ferris carbon or 316 stainless crimp rings & crimp tool is all that is required . The Milwaukee tool is another form of Pex-A connection without rings , I have seen this application fail in colder climates , therefore would not recommend it for that reason let alone the rediculas price point of the expander tool . I have connected over several hundred Pex-A or B joints with only two leaks , one due to faulity crimp ring and one due to operator error lol . The go , no go gauge for beginners makes it pretty well foolproof . I pretty well use white pex-B on both hot & cold applications other than within 24 " from the hot water tank or any heat exchanger unit where code requires red only . Anyhow great to see you have your water service back up with very little physical damage awesome ! ;)

Broken

Broken

View attachment 891008

GM lent me the squirrel...evidently Canadian squirrels are famous for clearing snow off roofs

Good morn all. 38/19 with wintry mess on the way
Hell yeah , sell them reds & blacks at local corner stores starting early November along with a bussel of acorns for $5 a pair , even clean the gutters ! :blob2:

Broken

Broken

Having busted pipes is no fun and we do all that we can to prevent that from happening up here. First off we insulate the pipes and then the basement, maybe even some heat tape but most importantly we generate our own electricity. Almost every home in the area has a generator of some kind to take care of basic needs. We have been without electricity for up to 10 days at the most, if my memory is correct. We've had to travel several miles to get gas for the generator in some cases but we couldn't let the boiler water freeze or the house water pipes freeze or the food spoil. Spoilage in the winter time is less of a problem. Self-sufficiency is the name of the game we play. Good luck with your repairs.
Yep , proactive approach bud . I also have stand alone generator back up up north here for the obvious reasons you have mentioned along with low voltage heat tracing of any out building applications garage & workshop areas etc .

djones

djones

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good morning all, 8° at chores time and sunny. Animals fed and watered, bipeds fed and coffee is still hot. Not much going on today although as I went into my shop yesterday I did hear some of the saws talking about making a run for it. Seems that they want to come out and play. They've been cooped up for so long, I don't blame them. My problem is that I am having trouble getting the tractor across the field. The snow is deep and powdery and it's hard to get any traction. I can go in a straight line but as soon as I turn the steering wheel it just tries to plow. It's going to warm up a bit this week so that will pack the snow down some and make it more passible for my setup. I'll just have to go do some maintenance on the offended saws and let them do all the work. See if that makes them happy. Play safe out there.

Broken

Broken

:drinkingcoffee:Morning folks ! 18 f heading to an extreme 30 f today with partly cloudy sky . Having a few cups of coffee with hazelnut creamer in the garage listening to John Prine on the radio / CD player . Have a few chains to sharpen for a neighbour along with hand file touch up of 3 of my own . Smoker filled with Alder , think in fresh Walleye . Springs seems to be only a few weeks away , unless March goes out like a lion :blob2:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
good morning - :drinkingcoffee:'up and adam!'... already been to grocery store... :dizzy::laughing: almost a joke! plenty bare shelves and empty this n that. but we got what we needed and had stocked up on some stuff anticipating, as in... no OJ at all in cooler! first thing i noticed today outside was much warmer weather! :) guess it has quadrupled from the lows just a few days ago!. 51f now. 46f the high. 1613925638138.png a walk-thru garden yesterday, as in uncovering stuff... covered tomatoes seem to be ok. sugar snaps fared quite well. and my lil peach orchard, we covered each row... lol. is still budding etc as if spring was already here. :) all the banana trees took a direct hit! the frozen chosen!! ...spinach on a stick - wet, gooie, messy... fill one bag at a time. not fun! and we got loads of the downed wilted stalks...

thank goodness - they had plenty of brussels... :) but a bit higher in price. by 50-cents. i bit the bullet...
P1010033.JPG

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
plenty to do today, follow ups to winter that blew thru us. one family W of town... one night of freezing cold... no heat or power... decided to stay with friends the next night. had heat and power. came home in the morning... to major problems. overnight a pipe busted... and it flowed full all night long in attic... ceiling down on floor and house all but ruined! think i am glad i chose to turn my house on/off... off. :popcorn2:

all over the news, thousands statewide still upside down. am thinking one couple's situation sums it up. up in Walker county, bit NW of us... water in toilet frozen, house was in the 20's! and plenty have said they had nights where house was in 30's and 40's!...

one family all wrapped up together to try to stay warm thru the night... with dog in the center of the pile! lol
:numberone: