ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc
Gold Clip Capital

Good Morning check in

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Yep,,, we're better prepared for this weather then folks down south,,, still sucks tho!!! Glad you got fixed up OK...
Warm aint a problem here, just filled the stack by the stove!!!
hi kb - thanks. warm tain't a problem here today also. got plenty. hmm do i see the sun, too? :yes: so now tv weather man says... as if the unusually cold weather wasn't enough... for the next 30 days or so we can expect temperatures higher than normal...

well, that ought to help ripen all the spoiled food around our area...

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good morning. 20*/clear. Happy Sticky Bun Day. More firewood out the door yesterday. One guy stopped with a 5x10 dump trailer and bought a 1/2 cord I had stacked along the road for advertisement. He told me the last 1/2 cord he bought elsewhere didn't fill his trailer nearly as full. Off to wallyworld this morning and then just :havingarest:. Have a swell day men. FS.
a sticky bun would have been a swell wrap to my lumberjack breakfast yesterday... i do like ooo-ie, goo-ie cinimon rolls etc... extra butter dripping... but stickies are about the best! well, imo...
1613928162794.png

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
@Backyard Lumberjack , good to hear the job was done for resonable :envy: price. Childhood plumbing emergency on Christmas day!
We can all imagine finding a plumber to make emergency call on that holiday.
Temp nearly doubled to 34°:happybanana:
hi SeMoT - thanks. glad that hump is behind us. until the plumber took over... don't think i quite realized just what a mess i was in...

pun intended... plenty to do today. and then there are the banana trees... ugh :nofunny:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Having busted pipes is no fun and we do all that we can to prevent that from happening up here. First off we insulate the pipes and then the basement, maybe even some heat tape but most importantly we generate our own electricity. Almost every home in the area has a generator of some kind to take care of basic needs. We have been without electricity for up to 10 days at the most, if my memory is correct. We've had to travel several miles to get gas for the generator in some cases but we couldn't let the boiler water freeze or the house water pipes freeze or the food spoil. Spoilage in the winter time is less of a problem. Self-sufficiency is the name of the game we play. Good luck with your repairs.
hi dj - right! we got off relatively easy! busted pipes. 4 locations. but no damage. earlier had wished i had run the water as temps dropped. maybe would have had water. but now glad i did not! and shut off. the change out/over of my service to the house for water is a real nice upgrade. and i met a really swell, cost effective plumber... plan to have him PEX-up entire house soon... :cool:

when the mad dash of it all settles down...

speaking of which... always concerned about my pipes! lol :rolleyes: ;) neighbor just down the street, talked with him yesterda. 70 yr old galv pipes had section on curb. not from freeze. age. had a pin hole leak and put in pvc. speaking of pipes, one reason i am an avid jogger turned bike rider. 5 miles yesterday.... 'ooh-rah!' don't want no rust in my pipes! still got :numberone: BP, the doc tells me... :dancing:

take care, hope all ur snow gone soon...

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Wow, that was a great deal :rock: . That strips looks :sweet:. I think I need to get the meat market tomorrow. I was thinking more in line with the credentials he'd be showing him after he started the work lol.
hi chipper! ~ no meat market today for us! bacon, deli to steaks and burgers... all empty! good thing we dint need no measts... yesterday a surprise NDA care package arrived, smoked this n that, jerkied fresh stuff too... not sure where it was from...? it was not for my address... but oh well...

too bad, so sad!
:givebeer:
zzzzzz.jpg zzzzzzx.jpg

knockbill

knockbill

Addicted to ArboristSite
hi kb - thanks. warm tain't a problem here today also. got plenty. hmm do i see the sun, too? :yes: so now tv weather man says... as if the unusually cold weather wasn't enough... for the next 30 days or so we can expect temperatures higher than normal...

well, that ought to help ripen all the spoiled food around our area...
Yep,,, just cant win sometime,,, but the pipes wont freeze in the higher temps!!!

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Good afternoon guys.
Had a nice morning outside, sun was shinning so I wanted to make sure I got out in it.
Temps aren't too bad today, it's up to 32, but the wind is a little chilly with the snow starting to melt a bit and the air being moist.
Getting the snow around truck cleared out so I can jump it since the batter had been dying, I let it stay dead, figured it would need a new one anyway. It's charging right now, that is if it will take a charge, should know shortly.
They are calling for 2-4" tonight so I'll have something to do tomorrow along with shipping a couple saws and parts out, nice to know what you'll have to do the day before :).
Have a great day guys, timer went off, time to try the truck.

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good afternoon guys. Had a nice morning outside, that is if it will take a charge, should know shortly. They are calling for 2-4" tonight so I'll have something to do tomorrow along with shipping a couple saws and parts out, nice to know what you'll have to do the day before :). Have a great day guys, timer went off, time to try the truck.
timer went off here, too chipper... on target, and the twins have arrived! ~
P1010020.JPG

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
thank goodness - they had plenty of brussels... :) but a bit higher in price. by 50-cents. i bit the bullet...
as it turns out the hit wasn't so bad. actually, still at same price as last week. I... just got the wrong 'recon'... .87# was $2.00 :)
P1010034.JPG

Broken

Broken

The Great White North...Eh !
good morning - :drinkingcoffee:'up and adam!'... already been to grocery store... :dizzy::laughing: almost a joke! plenty bare shelves and empty this n that. but we got what we needed and had stocked up on some stuff anticipating, as in... no OJ at all in cooler! first thing i noticed today outside was much warmer weather! :) guess it has quadrupled from the lows just a few days ago!. 51f now. 46f the high. View attachment 891014 a walk-thru garden yesterday, as in uncovering stuff... covered tomatoes seem to be ok. sugar snaps fared quite well. and my lil peach orchard, we covered each row... lol. is still budding etc as if spring was already here. :) all the banana trees took a direct hit! the frozen chosen!! ...spinach on a stick - wet, gooie, messy... fill one bag at a time. not fun! and we got loads of the downed wilted stalks...

thank goodness - they had plenty of brussels... :) but a bit higher in price. by 50-cents. i bit the bullet...
View attachment 891019
Brussels ! :blob2: