ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc
Gold Clip Capital

Good Morning check in

Broken

Broken

The Great White North...Eh !
Morning folks ! 43 f heading to 65 f with partly cloudy . Having my 2nd hazelnut & joe . Willie Nelson " your always on my mind " playing on the CD player . Woodstove filled with cedar and white birch . I have some more splitting to complete the stockpile of free city hardwood . Hope you all are productive today . :drinkingcoffee:

woodchuckcanuck

woodchuckcanuck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Mornin' folks. +8ºC and damp overcast. Its above zero and that's ok. Ground starting to dry up. Took a walk to the wood lot this morning. Things are drying up, might actually split some firewood today (shocker! :) ). Dumb skid steer still giving me grief with the battery issue. Drove it out of the garage yesterday afternoon to give some room for other work, had it parked for about 3 hours. Jumped in to start it and dead battery again. I bought a master shut off switch earlier, that's going on today come hell or high water.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Good morning ASer's :drinkingcoffee: .
Plenty to do outside today, need to get as much done before the forecasted rain.
I'm about done across the rd, 7 or 8 trees left to buck into logs, may drop a few more later for him, but I'm not planning on doing that today.
59 heading to 80 :baba:, the good thing is that forecast is usually a little warmer than what it makes it to. I'm already not looking forward to the heat of summer.
Have a great day.

djones

djones

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good morning. 54*/cloudy/clearing. Happy National BEER day. :happy: :rock::happybanana:.Got some plowing done and weeds relocated yesterday. Gonna try and haul some wood this morning. Happy birthday to our old buddy @Gugi47. Have a great day all. FS.
Finally, a national day after my own heart. I'll drink to that.:drinking:

djones

djones

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good morning all, 45° at chores time and sunny with a calm breeze. Animals are fed and watered, bipeds fed and coffee is still available to the next 20 customers. Wifey is doing well today after Monday's shot took it all out of her yesterday, fever and chills put her to bed for the afternoon. I had none of those side effects. I spent the nice day working outside cleaning up brush and invasive grape vines. Just no way to kill them off since they live in the stone wall border of our property line. I have an adapted saw blade on my Toro weedwhacker that cuts them up rather quickly even after contact with the stones in the wall. Kind of like self sharpening the tips of the blade. Play safe out there.

stihlaficionado

stihlaficionado

God of ArboristSite
Last few mornings, hard to get on the site. Then hard to look at conversations . Must be program changes being made each morning???
Error code indicates host server.
I was thinking they have the site up on a mirror server & when there is too much traffic it just sits & does nothing

olyman

olyman

Tree Freak
Mornin' folks. +8ºC and damp overcast. Its above zero and that's ok. Ground starting to dry up. Took a walk to the wood lot this morning. Things are drying up, might actually split some firewood today (shocker! :) ). Dumb skid steer still giving me grief with the battery issue. Drove it out of the garage yesterday afternoon to give some room for other work, had it parked for about 3 hours. Jumped in to start it and dead battery again. I bought a master shut off switch earlier, that's going on today come hell or high water.
take off the heavy charge wire on the alt and see if it still goes dead..if not,,diode is burnt out in the alt....

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Clouds with rain predicted in bout 4 hours :laughing:
Dr. Falsy is confused why virus cases continue to fall in Texas after all restrictions have been lifted statewide :ices_rofl:
Federal politicks (many blood sucking parasites)
Good afternoon Tony.
I'm in for a break, lots done already today, but not as much as that farmer Steve, he's hustling today:chainsaw:.
I saw that video, he said we'll just have to wait and see, others have thought they were doing well only to do worse :nofunny:.
Kinda like Israel, they forced a very large portion of the country to take the experimental drugs, then the numbers went up as did the deaths the first 5 weeks after. More coincidences I guess. The federal government there is being sued, sad thing is the drug companies should be as well, but they've protected themselves from liability.
Hope it's proven safe so you can get yours in 2023 ;).
Interesting video, very informative as he uses a lot of links to studies, researchers, CDC, and other sources.

woodchuckcanuck

woodchuckcanuck

Addicted to ArboristSite
take off the heavy charge wire on the alt and see if it still goes dead..if not,,diode is burnt out in the alt....
Brand new alt. Its a-ok. Pretty sure its a wire somewhere on the machine making a ground maybe. I put a master switch on today and put it on the ground wire.

olyman

olyman

Tree Freak
Brand new alt. Its a-ok. Pretty sure its a wire somewhere on the machine making a ground maybe. I put a master switch on today and put it on the ground wire.
Jim,,not to be a ass,,but new doesn't mean good,,been there tooooo many times...…...just recently,,2005 ford focus alt went bad,,Ford dealer replaced THREE off them,,till they got a "good" one,,,and that would drop out every so often,,so a month later they replaced that one!!!!!!!!!!!!

SeMoTony

SeMoTony

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good afternoon Tony.
I'm in for a break, lots done already today, but not as much as that farmer Steve, he's hustling today:chainsaw:.
I saw that video, he said we'll just have to wait and see, others have thought they were doing well only to do worse :nofunny:.
Kinda like Israel, they forced a very large portion of the country to take the experimental drugs, then the numbers went up as did the deaths the first 5 weeks after. More coincidences I guess. The federal government there is being sued, sad thing is the drug companies should be as well, but they've protected themselves from liability.
Hope it's proven safe so you can get yours in 2023 ;).
Interesting video, very informative as he uses a lot of links to studies, researchers, CDC, and other sources.
Brett, somewhere in this forum I stated I've not gotten vaccinated since I was discharged from the Navy 11-1-1972. I did have swine flu, a memorable experience, and may have had this virus after semi- annual at VA, late February last year. It was like a bad cold for two weeks,, but I don't catch colds. I had an excellent opportunity to contract this thing a few months ago speaking with a carrier a couple days prior to it becoming active with in him. We were close and breathing the same air, So my immune seems to be up to this thing and many previous versions of influenza in almost 50 years. :yes: Should it turn out I'm wrong and get dead, gonna happen sometime anyway. Not from my schedule ya know.
Let me correct get shot every several years tetanus only. May pass away from old age before the next one is scheduled (¿15 years?)
Hope all stay well & safe

woodchuckcanuck

woodchuckcanuck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Jim,,not to be a ass,,but new doesn't mean good,,been there tooooo many times...…...just recently,,2005 ford focus alt went bad,,Ford dealer replaced THREE off them,,till they got a "good" one,,,and that would drop out every so often,,so a month later they replaced that one!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey, no problem. The local guy I got the alt from, he specializes in elec motor rebuilds and alternators. I only just heard of him but he's been around a very, very long time. I was having similar problem last year when I called him and he said it was the alt. Got it, replaced and and everything was good for about 3 months. Unless something happened to the alt afterwards, I dunno. It's worth a shot maybe to take the alt off and bring it to him for a look.