ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Good Morning check in

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
neighbor stopped by with a nice bag of garden fresh lettuce from a rural country garden (big) they helped friends plant in Magnolia, N of town a bit... i made a tasty salad, too... some of last of the fall garden tomatoes on the side. i made it a spinich salad (from garden) and some fresh parsley on top...
P1010033.JPG
P1010031.JPG

all in all... some pretty good grits! ~

Broken

Broken

The Great White North...Eh !
neighbor stopped by with a nice bag of garden fresh lettuce from a rural country garden (big) they helped friends plant in Magnolia, N of town a bit... i made a tasty salad, too... some of last of the fall garden tomatoes on the side. i made it a spinich salad (from garden) and some fresh parsley on top...
View attachment 901136
View attachment 901137

all in all... some pretty good grits! ~
What ...about the Brussels sprouts ?

stihlaficionado

stihlaficionado

God of ArboristSite
You might have to have @djones saw some lumber for the new house.
I read that mills are trying to hire as many folks as they can & some have had to raise starting wages by a couple bucks an hour to keep people.

agri grains edwards_0_0.jpg

Also food,

2021-04-14_10-14-16.png

Article on another site about higher steel prices causing stove/insert/fireplace manufacturers to raise prices

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Good evening guys.
Had a great day here, nice working weather.
Got a good bit of wood cut/split/and in the woodshed today. I now have 6 out of 11 rows in there. The pile I set aside of dead standing locust is almost gone, I'll need to do a bit more cutting, I'll drop two more near the side property line in back. Unfortunately I'll need to take out an elm tree that's about 4" in order to drop them as its wrapping around them to the east, which is where I need to drop it. I really hate taking out trees I don't need to remove.
Hope you all had a great day too.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Bought a 4"x6"x8' pressure treated timber from Menards, $27. For our church mini food pantry post. Wished they would have Black Locust.
If you want a stick or two your more than welcome, I have a few here.
Dropped these last week wed. I set a couple sticks of it on the buck/split pile for 22/23, and then two I plan on using to move the shed, and two to move the kids fort.
Not sure if I posted these or not.
Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 11.36.22 PM.png

SeMoTony

SeMoTony

Addicted to ArboristSite
Dropped these last week wed. I set a couple sticks of it on the buck/split pile for 22/23, and then two I plan on using to move the shed, and two to move the kids fort.
View attachment 901258
Those wood mill out nice ,even with a ms 170 or 310 range if ya wanted a few long boards. Much less cost than store bought.

Oldmaple

Oldmaple

Addicted to ArboristSite
38F/3C up to 45F/7C with a precipitation mix ending. Finally a day off from stump grinding so it's off to the project house. Wife took the day off so I have some assistance with some plumbing work that needs one person in the crawl space, one upstairs. I haven't cloned myself or been able to be two places at one time. What a failure I am. Make it a good one everybody.
1618483748450.png

Broken

Broken

The Great White North...Eh !
Morning folks ! 37 f heading to 47 f with rain until noon . I have finished my 1st hazelnut & Joe . Listening to the weather forecast for this afternoon , Have two maple to cut down at the wood deck area for the new garage / parking area . The weather is suppose to clear early afternoon , until then smoking some whitefish with Alder . Have a great day everyone ! :drinkingcoffee:

ray benson

ray benson

Tree Freak
View attachment 901258
Thanks, but not needing any more posts. The crazy costs may give you some ideas on milling posts. Or selling them to a miller.