Good Morning check in

Help Support ArboristSite:

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Good morning crew :drinkingcoffee: .
Looks like some blue skies today, great day for a GTG.
The new clutch for the skidding winch came on the fedex truck yesterday so I spent a few hrs installing it. Got it all together and pulled a smaller black locust out of the woods that had tipped over and the roots were still in the ground a bit, it seemed to work much better than before.
Hope you all have a great day.
Out with the old,
Screen Shot 2021-05-01 at 8.15.54 AM.png
And in with the new.
Screen Shot 2021-05-01 at 8.16.19 AM.png

Country bumpkin

Country bumpkin

Addicted to ArboristSite
Not used to this cell phone posting. Always used the laptop in the "old days."
But Good Morning! Been awhile since I said that on here.
Been grying to save the Republic on SM. Wonder Im not in Federal Prison by now! Lol
Anyway feel I must apologize for bailing on my old AS Compadres. You know I think you're the Best this hurtin' Country has to offer.
Stay strong. Ill see yah around the woodlot.
Things have slowed down over at the Old Colony Firewood woodlot. Season about over and people not ordering. No $ out there rt now after this last year of the Bat Bug Scare.
Stay loose! Aloha...
PS. After loosing Phil, Mike, and Larry needed to regroup anyway.
Just had another triple loss. Pat died end of last summer. Then my ole man in March and Jimmy Boyle from Ohio days 2 weeks ago. And to top it off come to find out old man left his house and barn to my crazy sister-in-law in a Trust!..so to contest it would cost $30,000 and would probably loose.
Been a rough month! But whats new!?
Sorry cheeves. Stay tuff buddy

Backyard Lumberjack
good morning ~ :drinkingcoffee:. wet!!! very, very wet down here! 2nd day of rains, often heavy. had to drive in it yesterday... 45mph on freeway, dangerous and treacherous. add in p i ' ' poor visibility! more of same today! 6-10"+ for our areas over past 24-36 hours! 1619873836495.png 67/72... then upwards of 90 they say for Monday! :nofunny: pure and simple - it's real crappie out! of course, that upped our great city's crashes last nite... one woman all but DOA... nice new truck... high speed they say... and smashed head on into freeway overpass concrete column! both could be a total! truck and driver. truck for sure! accordioned it past windshield. the list goes on and one! and this one gets the cake for 'sometimes ya just tain't lucky!'... ambulance with a patient in it high tailing to hospital... :dizzy: driver runs a red light... and smashes head on into the ambulance! o_O hit it so hard ambulance driver had to be jaws of life cut out! patient life-flighted to hospital... but dies a bit later. they din't mention the driver that ran the red light! some winds maybe, plenty of more rain and high humidity. all this wet and 90s rolling in should make for some lovely outdoors conditions. no need to water lawn or garden. a neighbor had a dirt circle in their yard at curb. lawn. mentioned i would put out some lawn ferts for them on it. did it couple months back. seems to almost be filled in now. at least the lawns seem to like all this rains! new weather update: 1619875264303.png.... was red to N and S of us...

oops, time for another :drinkingcoffee:

... more news to read. solo today, gotta git my own...

no table service today
1619875369900.png

Backyard Lumberjack
Tomatoes on vine. Buds are not even out on the trees yet here. :rare2:
hi wcc - peaches now size of eggs. time to side dress them... even the slow dragger peach tree now has a couple lil peaches on it... can peach cobbler be far behind! ;)lol

have a nice day

Backyard Lumberjack
good afternoon all, @50° at chores time this AM, got to 70° this afternoon. Bowling paperwork this AM and bucking up logs this afternoon. One tankful at a time is good enough for me. Bucked and stacked and ready to be split. Split and stacked a trailer load of Black cherry yesterday. The woodshed filling season has started. I went and picked up the materials needed to make one of Wifey's flower boxes for the front of the house. 5 more bags of mortar mix and I'm done. All I'll need then is my neighbor and a couple cocktails.:drinking:. We work well together and enjoy a good Scotch. Don't know if that helps the project look better but it always seems ok in my 3 eyes. Play safe out there.
:numberone: some shoot it straight... but i prefer a dash of water.... :rolleyes:

Backyard Lumberjack
Hey Tex, Hope all is well those can be a real pain. Is there enough room to get a stubby impact in to get the pulley off. I just got done working on mine I had to replace a spindle and regrease the others. I broke down and bought one of those air grease guns. I had about enough of sitting there for 5 years with the manual guns as I think its usually about 100 pumps per spindle until it starts coming from the bottom. The idler I usually take them off and hit the bearings with a grease needle. Cuts way down on the noisiness.
hi Vt - ok, other than wet dogs! lol. i am afraid chipper's advice will prob be the answer... hot wrench!
1619876068587.png

Backyard Lumberjack
good morning. 59*/wind gusts to 60 MPH later. :crazy2: Happy Bubble Tea day.o_O Filing some chains this morning in case I need to cut any downed tree's from the high winds. Filling some bins for tomorrow pickup and maybe lawn mowing later. Have a super day all. FS.
i have heard or royalty, realty... even wear T's... but never, ever heard of bubble tea...

... hmm now i see why ~

Backyard Lumberjack
Power co gave us a 2 hour window till it was restored so I didn't bother. Might need it today if the winds are as bad as the guessers say.
i got an txtmsge from my country carrier/provider. 4:30 am one morning last week. promised restored in couple hrs. tree fell on line, they said. i wasn't there. all i had to do was reset my clocks! lol. got another txt... 'good to go!' it was almost 9 am...

hate when power goes out... always a risk to keeping cold :givebeer: cold! i like mine: :cold:

Backyard Lumberjack
Little hot wrench goes a long way :blob2:.
You could also run a bead of weld around the portion of the pulley at the spindle to heat it up. You use the opposite to remove a stuck bearing race, run a bead around the inside and let it cool, they fall out many times, neat trick to have in your bag. Not sure how well welding a bead on the outside would work, but it would isolate the heat better than a torch.
I know I'd try it, especially if it was on your machine lol.
hi chipper! i knew i could count on you.... :yes:

Backyard Lumberjack
Good morning all, 40° at chores time and cloudy with moderate winds at the moment. Animals are fed and watered here and at the neighbors. They come home tomorrow evening so it's one more day of service for me. Town wide clean up this weekend. Just back your truck and/or trailer up to the bucket loader, they unload it and send you on your way. Great service. A good chance to get rid of a lot of crap plastic items and broken or, as in our case, dismantled stuff. Anything I throw out has absolutely no more valuable parts on it. I may not yet know the value of what I keep but it may show itself in the future. I have some time left, I hope, so we'll wait and see. Play safe out there.
hi dj - COH heavy trash truck just stopped in front of my place. cleaned up the mess on other side of me. they had tossed out a full set of patio chairs. other day a guy stopped and picked them up. walked up to their truck and said, hi! .... glad to see someone can use those! he said, got a place down on the coast... always need more party chairs!... they were happy with their scrounge. the cra-p is city wide! could furnish a house in a flash! or build one if creative enuff... lumber, even at these prices just tossed out on to the curb. my recent scrounges from all the piles. i could only get to a few, close by. one day... maybe i can hit entire city! :laughing:

BL :dumb:

in no important order; scrounges:
cool tropical colored hat. new too me. washed and wore... kinda flamingo pink. no, not for every day street use or morning coffee with the other ranchers up along county line... lol
empty clean gallon plastic jug. for used oil
bolt of perfectly good white cloth. use? dunno...
perfectly good set of limb cutters. tested at pile on dumpers tree! lol... passed
small pce end vac hose. just what i needed ;)
but rains will be hard this evening.!! in street. to mark area out for rocks in Ranch Park
shipping string. in street. braced peach tree. leaning now with all the peaches. think mite tweal other direction, too
etc

Backyard Lumberjack
Morning, we'll afternoon now.
Lumber is bad right now, but I think by winter that man change, if not then in the spring.
I bought a cheap lumber mill that rides on a 2x4(or 6 or 8 iirc) so I can mill a flat side on some black locust I'm putting under the shed before I move it. I planned on finding some cheap telephone poles, no such thing right now, everyone is snagging them up before they ever get listed.
Have a great day.
food prices about to get worse, so they said on tv news this morning... but, the QB got some :givebeer: yesterday... on sale. not $4.99 but close enuff. :happybanana:and while driving i saw a special at at gas station/market: Special. 1% milk $1.59 gal. almost stopped, well turned around...

Backyard Lumberjack
What's up everyone.
We've had some nice work weather between the raindrops(which we needed badly), so I've been doing my best to make hay while the sun is shining.
Had a small fire yesterday and another this morning, probably get another going before bed tonight as its supposed to get down to 39 by morning.
Heading out to hang with some guys from another forum in the morning and will most likely get to run saws more.
A few more branches to remove at the job I've been working on and a taller, but thinner red oak to dismantle near the house yet. Have a buddy swinging by next week to help with the red oak. It's looking great though, and another job to do when this one is finished, or I may try to squeeze it in beginning of next week.
Hope you guys are all doing well, have a great day.
View attachment 904254
is that your job site, chipper? ... hmm, i think it would make a better homesite! :numberone:nice pix! is that you?... or friend swinging by....? ;)

:yes:

Backyard Lumberjack
Good morning. 43*/breezy/clear. Happy Herb day. NO not that kind.:laugh: Had to quit mowing yesterday because of all the branches dropping from the silver maples and the pecan tree. Had a guy pull over in front of the shop and get out and pop the hood. Seems he had a big limb fall in front of him and it hit the bottom tank of the radiator. Cracked the tank and that was that. Had to get it towed. Selling some bins today and finish mowing. Have a swell day all. FS.
'ouch!' and if it was a plastic tank... no doubt new radiator time! 'ouch!! sounds expensive in any event.... even if DIY!