ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Gold Clip Capital
Traverse Creek Inc

Good Morning check in

farmer steve

farmer steve

outstanding in my field, 5150
Gooooood morning! 64*/cloudy showers later. Happy Chocolate Custard day. Busy day on tap. Spraying and rototilling before the rain later. Picking up the mater and pepper plants to be planted later this week and planting green beans and zucchini. Fuel run for diesel and saw gas and propane for the grill. Not sure what I'll do after breakfast. :crazy2: Got a nice load of ash yesterday from my buddy. I cut and he loaded and stacked in the dump trailer. Have a great day all. FS.
20210502_152004.jpg

Broken

Broken

The Great White North...Eh !
Morning folks ! 41 f heading only to 52 f today . Had a little rain over nite , cloudy but dry at the moment . I have a fresh hazelnut & Joe on the go . Installed the new side rails on the tandum log hauler yesterday , fit nice an tight into the stake pockets . Have a refill coming for the diesel bulk tank ordered , hope he comes soon have a Miller run to make and a tank of oxygen to pick up for burning / cutting cabinet . Heading out to finish the burn pile cleanup while I wait , just stoked the garage woodstove with some white birch & ash . Finishing up on smoking the last batch of peameal bacon for vacuum packing this afternoon . Have a productive day ! :drinkingcoffee:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
"ho-hum... another day, another hollar!"

good morning. :drinkingcoffee: 76 out, 86 later on. 1620049190028.png 90 was the forecast last nite! :crazy: but won't be that hot down in Laredo today. nope, not that hot at all!! ~ tv weatherman said: Laredo today @ 106! :eek: wow. no, thanks. humidity up here. rivers up from all the rains of late. they shut down Lake Conroe. maybe some rains, winds... storms return tomorrow! :( Sounds like a bit of a mess up there - They said: The San Jacinto River Authority closed the lake Saturday due to high water levels, submerged objects, floating debris, and other hazards that could put people at risk. does not sound float plane user friendly to me! too much water some areas, not enuff others. utilities still trying to get water returned and on to E Houston! supposedly a valve faied, but now... have to pull up entire pipe system!! :confused: 'boil water' time they advise... hmm, i was wondering... what water? windmill at a healthy pace... facing the S ~ south easterly actually...

1620049548876.png

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Yeah , down South you fellows misnamed peameal as " Canadian back bacon " Pork flank bacon ' would be more correct . Proper peameal is a loin cut . I cut my pork loins in slabs and 1st smoke in Hickory for 20 minutes per pound then roll it in a mixture of egg whites and crushed & blended chip peas & flour , let sit overnite in the garage commercial freezer . I then use it or vacuum pack it in Mini roasts sizing for future usage . P.S. Great thinly sliced on sour dough toast , with leafy lettuce a little horse radish sauce & a Miller Tex ! :blob2:
hi B - i know you can abuse a 6-pack of Miller's in almost no time flat... but, omg... you also sound like quite the chef, too! i guess i should scan tv listings... see if Bacon Nation show ever did a piece on fried bacon in egg whites, chip peas and flour.... o_O

well here's to a swell day today and your next 6-pack -

:cheers:

Broken

Broken

The Great White North...Eh !
hi B - i know you can abuse a 6-pack of Miller's in almost no time flat... but, omg... you also sound like quite the chef, too! i guess i should scan tv listings... see if Bacon Nation show ever did a piece on fried bacon in egg whites, chip peas and flour.... o_O

well here's to a swell day today and your next 6-pack -

:cheers:
Yeah had me @ 6 pack of Miller ....on the Road !

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
after noon lumberjack! the answer to your question is 95 hills of taters! 48 of Russet's and 46 of Kennebek bakers . all the above ground will now wait till after Memorial Day an probably at the end of the first week of June
sounds like you had a busy afternoon up there. down here i noticed that the dills have popped... as have a couple of rosemarys, too. small! but tomatoes about or close to egg size - more setting.

hope you have a great harvest!

hills of taters...
1620051090581.png

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Saw this one for ya OM.
:laughing: !! i could tell it had a cam moment i clicked the vid! imagine... a 6,000 hp engine, just like the one in his Apache chopper!! ~ i had to watch it all... expanded view! wonder what he plans for the Captain America truck?.... :popcorn2:

'now, just rotate inverted... and let's go mow some grass! ~'
1620051772669.png 1620053354263.png 1620056395560.png
'easy... easy does it... remember controls are reversed... easy now.... 6,000 hp ground kiss will bend the rotors as fast as dirt will dull a chainsaw's chain!... easy now...'

here's to the Ron-Beer mower and the PIC! ~
:drinking:

PIC:
:muscle:

:heart: them lumberjack boots! prob PIC Apache pilot's steel toed flight boots....

"you know what they say! - nothing runs thru ya like a beer!"

.........................................:givebeer:

chucker

chucker

Addicted to ArboristSite
sounds like you had a busy afternoon up there. down here i noticed that the dills have popped... as have a couple of rosemarys, too. small! but tomatoes about or close to egg size - more setting.

hope you have a great harvest!

hills of taters...
View attachment 904811
!GOOD MORNING LJ!.. feels down right cold here this morning... good news is the onions took off and the carrots are showing some growth through the soil.! have a great day .

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Morning folks ! 41 f heading only to 52 f today . Had a little rain over nite , cloudy but dry at the moment . I have a fresh hazelnut & Joe on the go . Installed the new side rails on the tandum log hauler yesterday , fit nice an tight into the stake pockets . Have a refill coming for the diesel bulk tank ordered , hope he comes soon have a Miller run to make and a tank of oxygen to pick up for burning / cutting cabinet . Heading out to finish the burn pile cleanup while I wait , just stoked the garage woodstove with some white birch & ash . Finishing up on smoking the last batch of peameal bacon for vacuum packing this afternoon . Have a productive day ! :drinkingcoffee:
Joe on the go

sure has a ring to it! kinda a catchy name. i bet an industrious man could go international all the way with such a coffee company! move over Starbucks!!! lol ;)

burn piles... i need to light mine off.... now a days, bigger than bbq size and they want a call in and verbal burn permit! who what where when and it will be out today? right!!!

OMG!! :surprised3:

oh no!! already... competition: