ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Good Morning check in

SeMoTony

SeMoTony

Addicted to ArboristSite
View attachment 905223
New standard carb 661 just showed up at my dealer
A couple naw, 3 years ago I bought a 661 from trading post. Ported, not yet broke in, not muff- modded yet, for a grand which may have included shipping. Seeing that price just warms my pocketbook. :yes: broke in ,with the m,m it pulls a 5 foot chain quite well while milling now that she's broke in

stihlaficionado

stihlaficionado

God of ArboristSite
A couple naw, 3 years ago I bought a 661 from trading post. Ported, not yet broke in, not muff- modded yet, for a grand which may have included shipping. Seeing that price just warms my pocketbook. :yes: broke in ,with the m,m it pulls a 5 foot chain quite well while milling now that she's broke in
That dealer always gives me 10-15 % off w/ cash . I don't believe I've paid retail for a Stihl for 15 years or so
Ditto for the Husky's

I wish he would just sell me the PH like the Husky dealer will, but no go

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
good morning - :drinkingcoffee: 1620219666711.png and several more in the makings, too they say! :) 61/84. bit windy. out of N and windmill happy. no rains -0-. dry air. :) last hoorah before hot, sticky and muggy air filters in! 5 months of it - :nofunny: got at least one important thing done yesterday... and that was a nap! :numberone:caught up with things soon enuff - :cool: worked on small woodworking project, mowed lawn and trimmed most of the edges, too. then help with the relocation project!! feral cat kittens and the momma! tucked up tight and just out of reach under the header board of deck! with the QB, the main crew showed up and putzed away... soon had one. there were 5 kitties! are... asked if i wanted to help, i said No! busy (mowing) maybe afterwards if still not all out. when done 4 still below deck. so i showed up with pry bar tools in one hand, and a cold :givebeer: in the other. the going was slow. real pita stuff! had to pull up 3 deck boards. one by one, with some clever proding, etc... the add'l squatters were out! i congrat'ed all involved. the relocator lady said... 'yes, out but what to do with them?' (she saves cats for rehoming....) i said - no prob, maybe we can send them over to the SA Ranch! her look: :eek:.... where!? [lol]

glad that project is over! cute lil things... the momma was not so once trapped about an hour later

zzzzxsrk.jpg

"where do you think they will take us?" ' dunno, but to the SA Ranch would be nice.... just have to be careful of the seals!'

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Morning Tex looks like you sent some of that rain up yonder its going to be raining looks like a lot of the rest of the week. looks like you have had some deadly weather down there lately. Hopefully the wind dies down for the growing season. Hopefully this weekend ill at least get the garden tilled over and get the planting started. Have a great afternoon.
hi Vt - nasty stuff! yesterday's forecast proved to be big heavy line of yellow and reds... 45'd up the NE areas. fortunately, missed up. did not mind it doing that! ~

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Morning folks ! 44 f only 47 f forecasted for the high .) Wifey requested some Salmon smoked with Cherry for supper this morning ,
1620221369733.png
nice pix B! i would have asked how it turned out, but can see the results. i have some smoked salmon in the shop refer. vac packed. its more than a couple months old... :rolleyes: thinking it would/should still be good... even if a bit more like salmon jerky ~

Broken

Broken

The Great White North...Eh !
Morning folks ! 38 f heading to 54 f with sun . Cleaning up the work bench , stoked the woodstove with cedar & pine slab wood . Topping up the fluids on the 346 xp & 357 xp to buck up the free city hardwood my Son dropped off after supper yesterday evening . Just started the diesel back hoe to warm it up & hook it to the wood wagon with my 3rd hazelnut & Joe for the road ! My brother is heading over needs a little black ash for his fire pit @ camp ,. Bringing a jug of bar oil his neighbour gave him from a yard sale to check out , sounds like a fair swap lol. Have two porterhouse beef steaks in the smoker with hickory to season for 30 minutes . I hope you all have a productive day ! :drinkingcoffee:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
"I'm around my place in the mornings" & I'll look at it. Heez bought a new saw & ain't concerned about getting this one back after 21 years of use. He may have just loosed up the kill switch wire. Otherwise, fuel filter and plug with a check on spark.
Then take the new one for a muffler mod so there's more enjoyment in the use.
hi SeMoT - hope that does it!

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
62/42 Cloudy with scattered rain, maybe Had a couple tornadoes touch down south of us yesterday, out in the boonies so zero damage. Good morn all
tornadoes and -0- damage, always a good thing! rare.... as they noted yesterday morning up in Dallas areas... never been close to one. but i have seen one's twisting tail come out of the clouds b4... it din't touch down. have heard one pass by b4 aslo... nw of us... and it did sound like a freight train... next morning it's path was all over the news... :omg:

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Good morning. 64*/showers/possible clearing later. Happy National Hoagie day. Relocated the first groundhog of the year yesterday.
:happy:
It made the mistake of venturing to far from it's hole. Going to check out some soybean seeds this morning and goofing off this afternoon. NOT! Have a great day all. FS
He won't do that again :happy:.
I relocated a mole a couple days ago, I think that's 3 or 4 for the yr already.

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
No tuna steaks, don't you watch the tuna wars. 876 x $20 = $17,520. Better prices in better markets. A nice T-bone would do me nicely.
hi dj - no doubt! crazy prices. hard for me to fathom, certainly not justify... a fish... any fish... costing over $1M!! :envy:

A Japanese sushi tycoon has paid a whopping $3.1m (£2.5m) for a giant tuna making it the world's most expensive. Kiyoshi Kimura bought the 278kg (612lbs) bluefin tuna, which is an endangered species, at first new year's auction in Tokyo's new fish market.

guess to be honest, i am more a 'sorry charlie' kinda guy. but sure do like a homemade tuna salad sam..... :)

1620222556741.png

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
View attachment 905217
Tear-off crew for the roof; cat is under the bed somewhere, lol

Good morn all.

65/43
Morning Mark.
I must be in the wrong business, I'm driving an excursion and they're driving a caddy:laughing:.
That's alright by me, roofing is back breaking work.
On my trip to the tree job I've been working on I pass a 64 square job I did almost 100% by myself, what was I thinking :surprised3:, oh yeah :envy:.
View attachment 905223
New standard carb 661 just showed up at my dealer
Did you get it, did you get it :).
Funny they get wrap saws down there.
That dealer always gives me 10-15 % off w/ cash . I don't believe I've paid retail for a Stihl for 15 years or so
Ditto for the Husky's

I wish he would just sell me the PH like the Husky dealer will, but no go
How much more is a bar/chain, just buy it and put it on CL for $20 less than retail and it will sell and you can make a few bucks.

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good morning friends :drinkingcoffee: .Yesterday I moved the chicken coop and planted 2 of 4 black locust rounds(about 28" long by 9" across) into the ground to set the coop on. Once I get those done I have to start fencing in the chicken run, and once that's done, move the kids fort which is becoming the baby chics house and then move the shed and backfill, then move the shed back :surprised3:. I'm hoping the jobs pour in Have a great day guys.
hi chipper - hope they are all skid mounted....

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Good morning everyone :drinkingcoffee:.
We started the day with beautiful clear blue skies, good feeling gone, now it's 100% overcast, welcome to Michigan lol.
Started the day at 41 and it's heading to 57 so they say, 45 out right now, great working weather.
Plan on helping a friend get a moving truck in her driveway later this morning and help move a few appliances, running to another friends to get some fence rail bending tools to make the roof on the chicken coop(finished the permanent installation of the coop yesterday). Hope to get at least a few post in the ground today and one top rail bent/installed.
Have a great day.

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good morning. 64*/showers/possible clearing later. Happy National Hoagie day. Relocated the first groundhog of the year yesterday. :happy: It made the mistake of venturing to far from it's hole. Going to check out some soybean seeds this morning and goofing off this afternoon. NOT! Have a great day all. FS

some say Jersey Mike's hard to beat!
1620223135681.png

the lil kitties got relocated, but not in a traditional sense... a 4 hour project!

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
hi chipper - hope they are all skid mounted....
Morning buddy.
The shed will be, the fort I may be putting back up on legs like before it was hit by a tree in a wind storm a couple yrs ago, the chicken coop has legs and I planted some black locust rounds in the ground for them to rest on. Finished setting the coop on the locust yesterday, finished pic later, here's the skirt boards I attached to the legs and the locust rounds yesterday. I also used this as a jig to level the rounds and locate them for placement after pulling a line off the front of the woodshed and measuring for the first two locust rounds. Since there will be a run attached to the back of the chicken coop I wanted everything to be fairly straight.
Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 10.05.11 AM.png