ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Good Morning check in

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Morning folks ! 38 f heading to 54 f with sun . Cleaning up the work bench , stoked the woodstove with cedar & pine slab wood . Topping up the fluids on the 346 xp & 357 xp to buck up the free city hardwood my Son dropped off after supper yesterday evening . Just started the diesel back hoe to warm it up & hook it to the wood wagon with my 3rd hazelnut & Joe for the road ! My brother is heading over needs a little black ash for his fire pit @ camp ,. Bringing a jug of bar oil his neighbour gave him from a yard sale to check out , sounds like a fair swap lol. Have two porterhouse beef steaks in the smoker with hickory to season for 30 minutes . I hope you all have a productive day ! :drinkingcoffee:
what then?.... after the 30 mins... i mean, besides another MIller! lol...... eat it or grill it then... ?

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
That's alright by me, roofing is back breaking work.
no doubt! add in down here during summer months... and all that black tar paper! :omg: my exp is limited, but i have done some. paper, edge and shingles... small stuff. but one thing for sure that is back breaking is... hauling the shingles up to the roof by ladder, if lift not avail....

just lifting bundle bad enuff.... well, imo

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x
1620226041854.png

more my style:

:havingarest:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Morning buddy.
The shed will be, the fort I may be putting back up on legs like before it was hit by a tree in a wind storm a couple yrs ago, the chicken coop has legs and I planted some black locust rounds in the ground for them to rest on. Finished setting the coop on the locust yesterday, finished pic later, here's the skirt boards I attached to the legs and the locust rounds yesterday. I also used this as a jig to level the rounds and locate them for placement after pulling a line off the front of the woodshed and measuring for the first two locust rounds. Since there will be a run attached to the back of the chicken coop I wanted everything to be fairly straight.
View attachment 905248
hi chipper - i think you get more done over couple cups of coffee... than i do all day long! lol ;)

djones

djones

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good morning all, 49° at chores time and foggy out, still is. Animals are fed and watered, bipeds fed and Wifey is still suffering from Sciatica. Didn't get much done yesterday because of rain except frustration with my cell phone. The built in email app has been giving me trouble and you can't delete it and reinstall. I had to install an AOL app and go from there. It's a work around but I can live with it, for now. I guess I have to go buy some cheap :laughing: gas today as my cans are almost all empty. Mower use, chainsaw use, splitter use, weed wackers use, it all takes it's bite. I do get 10 cts. off per gallon so when I spend $50 or more it shows some savings. Maybe I'd do better filling a 50 gallon barrel. I'll have to check it out once Biden lowers the tax rate :laughing:. There's that little guy laughing at me again. What'd I say ? How's he get in here ? I think my computer has a mind of it's own. :innocent:. Play safe out there.

Broken

Broken

The Great White North...Eh !
no doubt! add in down here during summer months... and all that black tar paper! :omg: my exp is limited, but i have done some. paper, edge and shingles... small stuff. but one thing for sure that is back breaking is... hauling the shingles up to the roof by ladder, if lift not avail....

just lifting bundle bad enuff.... well, imo

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x
View attachment 905264

more my style:

:havingarest:
Remember up the ladder with a buddle on each shoulder in my 40's , hurts know just thinking about it !

stihlaficionado

stihlaficionado

God of ArboristSite
Morning Mark.
I must be in the wrong business, I'm driving an excursion and they're driving a caddy:laughing:.
That's alright by me, roofing is back breaking work.
On my trip to the tree job I've been working on I pass a 64 square job I did almost 100% by myself, what was I thinking :surprised3:, oh yeah :envy:.

Did you get it, did you get it :).
Funny they get wrap saws down there.

How much more is a bar/chain, just buy it and put it on CL for $20 less than retail and it will sell and you can make a few bucks.
I have never seen a wrap saw here. Out in Id., that's about all I saw the last several times
The option is only $30-40 bucks more which includes the larger clutch cover & bigger dawgs.

Not sure about the 500i R though. The clutch cover looks the same

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
no sugar?.... :wtf:, no creamer, too!?.... lol, no more concerns for me... still drinking it black. :cool:

good enuff for my needs! :yes:
View attachment 905249
Drinking black coffee is much like getting up at 3:45am for work every morning, I did it for many yrs, but if I would have had better options I would have done differently ;).