ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Good Morning check in

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
I have never seen a wrap saw here. Out in Id., that's about all I saw the last several times
The option is only $30-40 bucks more which includes the larger clutch cover & bigger dawgs.

Not sure about the 500i R though. The clutch cover looks the same
Funny how different two markets can be on product that individuals in each market think should be the same lol.
I would like to get a nice wrap handle 60, even though I don't use the 60's often I would like a lightweight one that could cut from both sides, then use the 70 with a standard handle for flush cutting.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Cut a lot today and yesterday!
Was using a friend's 7,800lb mini.
I bet that helped production, they sure get around, and one that large has a huge weight capacity.
That's a tool I'd like to get, it would be great around the house and on jobs.
Here's the one I just finished up.
Buddy said, "you missed the one in the middle" lol.
Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 10.17.20 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 10.17.41 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 10.18.27 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 10.19.06 AM.png

woodchuckcanuck

woodchuckcanuck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Mornin' folks. 4ºC and rain this morning. I sourced some hemlock yesterday. 8-16ft stuff. The one on the ground is 16ft and 15" diameter. The biggest one is about 30 inch. That's one of 4 piles. I'm only looking to get a couple dozen of them.

It's a beautiful day in the neighbourhood.
A beautiful to labour wood.
Could you be mine?
Would you be mine?
It's a neighbourly day with this beauty wood
A neighbourly day for a beauty.
Could you be mine?
Wood you be mine?
I have always wanted to saw wood just like you.
I've always wanted to plane wood like you.
Let's make the most of this beautiful day
Since we're together, might as well say
Wood stacked so high, could you be mine.
Today, I won't be a baker.

20210505_131127-hemlock-logs.jpg

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Good morning everyone :drinkingcoffee:.
Another 100% overcast day here in Michigan :baba:.
46 heading to 49, good day for working outdoors if I can get my butt moving. My allergies are kicking pretty good today and I'm having some pretty bad symptoms, I told my wife I'm allergic to moving other peoples stuff, but she just wouldn't listen lol.
May work on the chicken run today as I got a one of the bending jigs for the "rafters", then my buddy sent me a message saying he found the one I really wanted, another 50min worth of driving and I'll have it in my possession, not a bad thing to do(driving over there) as sore as I am today.
Other than that I do need to go check out another job, drove within a couple miles of it yesterday twice.
Sure I'll do something today, I really want that jig so I can figure out the bends of the "rafters" and then layout my ground posts, I also should do a little grading and I plan on using the rototiller to soften the area around the run so I can extend the fence out a ft or so to deter any critters from digging under it.
Have a great day guys.

Broken

Broken

The Great White North...Eh !
Morning folks ! 43f heading to 58 f this afternoon with more sun . 2nd hazelnut & Joe , diesel backhoe warming up , hitched the hydraulic splitter . I have cedar & pine slab wood in the garage woodstove , hope to be done splitting by noon . The bar oil my brother brought over is a Kendall product , winter grade . I should be good for pulled pork , since he brought over 10 lbs of brisket over with him for the smoker . I guess the smoker will be busy after lunch . Have a safe adventure ! :drinkingcoffee:

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Morning folks ! 43f heading to 58 f this afternoon with more sun . 2nd hazelnut & Joe , diesel backhoe warming up , hitched the hydraulic splitter . I have cedar & pine slab wood in the garage woodstove , hope to be done splitting by noon . The bar oil my brother brought over is a Kendall product , winter grade . I should be good for pulled pork , since he brought over 10 lbs of brisket over with him for the smoker . I guess the smoker will be busy after lunch . Have a safe adventure ! :drinkingcoffee:
Good morning bud.
That brisket sure sounds good. Is that splitter one you built.
Wife is at the store now, cant move until I get my hazelnut :laughing:.
Not that I'm in support of this brand of inhaler ;).
Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 11.44.31 AM.png

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
good morning - plenty good black :drinkingcoffee: 'another beautiful day ahead!' the tv weatherman said this morning... 64/86 and 1620307132557.png some breeze out of NE and dry, no rains. nada... windmill responding to a southerly breeze at the moment...
Drinking black coffee is much like getting up at 3:45am for work every morning, I did it for many yrs, but if I would have had better options I would have done differently ;).
one thing about life is we all take dif routes and wear dif shoes... walk a dif pace. it used to be sugar and cream for me. then ran out of sugar. so it got to be cream only... for years. then one morn Dr's office orders were nada to eat drink. but if coffee black only. so it goes.. sometimes up country i go with creamer... just for old times sake mostly! one thing i can tell ya chipper... is i never... i say, never, ever had to or got up for work at 3:45 am in the morning! not even as a kid wi/paper route! lol... but, and it was worth it.... i have come home at 3:45 am in the morning after a l-o-n-g day at the office! only because it was wor:envy:th it! i had other options, but i would not have done it differently! "ka-ching!" ;)

i felt energetic yesterday in the pleasant day's mood. did some spring cleaning to front yard. 21 piles pine needles. the pine needle lady brot over 3 tubs. still have enuff for one more. yard took on a subtle, but dif look. you know... form follers function! :cool:

our city continues to be a gateway to major crime! just W of me a bit... area resident called the cops... i think they said about 3:45 am... really! 18-wheeler parked in neighborhood and the caller saw numerous people milling about. so they investigated. determined to be a major human trafficking center! :nofunny:

another 18-wheeler got smashed by a train. truck just kept crossing the tracks as the cho-cho kept a rolling on down them! omg!

and the QB went and did some grocery shopping... and brought home some extra :givebeer: got 2 full cases of Miller 16's now... a man never knows when he might have unexpected company.... lol

1620308120317.png
hmm, 2 cases... maybe i should drink more each day ~
:drinking: