Good Morning check in

farmer steve

farmer steve

outstanding in my field, 5150
chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Good morning gents :drinkingcoffee: .
Looks like they changed the high on me today, they are now calling for a high of 74 :baba:. Joking, that's not bad for the end of July :clap:. It's only 56 outside right now, so the AC window units get a day to catch up.
Lots going on today, but still a bit undecided on what, either making money, or spending it. Isn't that life lol.
Have a great day.

knockbill

knockbill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good morning. 73*/humid/clearing. Happy Cheesecake day. Hope @knockbill is ok. Tornadoes yesterday in his neck of PA. https://www.fox29.com/news/dangerous-tornado-leaves-behind-widespread-damage-in-bucks-county. We only had a small amount of rain and no wind yesterday afternoon. Other than taking the trash out the program for toady is Stihl pending. Have a swell day all. FS.
Mornin' folks. 15ºC and overcast this morning. Hope @knockbill is ok too. I can't imagine what that must be like.

Well I found out what was in the walls of my kiln after spraying it with some WD-40. Ants.

Thanks guys,,, storms were North of me,,, I'm in Delco.... Good morning walk tho,,, Tsp guys were taking a big Pear tree down at the corner, I asked about it,,, they cut up the trunk and put it in my truck,,, first township wood I found all year!!!

stihlaficionado

stihlaficionado

God of ArboristSite
Mornin' folks. 15ºC and overcast this morning. Hope @knockbill is ok too. I can't imagine what that must be like.

Well I found out what was in the walls of my kiln after spraying it with some WD-40. Ants.

View attachment 921163
Carpenter ants usually go where some moisture exists. We have lots of those buggers in this part of ECI

Never got to 90 yesterday, in fact only have had five 90 degree days all summer. A bit odd for us.

77/62, an open window day as low humidity prevails.

Off to the woodpile with the x27 & the 395

Good morn all.

djones

djones

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good morning all, 70°, sunny and breezy. Animals are fed and well watered, bipeds fed and coffee is down to the last cups. :eek: Splitting and stacking yesterday before the monsoon hit us. 6" of rain water in a 5 gallon pail I keep by the back stairs this morning. The creek behind the house sounds like a raging river. Luckily there's a 30 ft. elevation difference between the creek and the house. There is remnants of an old dam down the creek a bit. They used to close the dam and use the water to power a small sawmill to provide wood for the farm. That probably wouldn't go over so great nowadays. The native trout in the creek wouldn't be able to go upstream to the culvert pipe that they can't jump into. Time to go do something productive, even if I don't know what that is just yet. Play safe out there.

Broken

Broken

The Great White North...Eh !
Thanks guys,,, storms were North of me,,, I'm in Delco.... Good morning walk tho,,, Tsp guys were taking a big Pear tree down at the corner, I asked about it,,, they cut up the trunk and put it in my truck,,, first township wood I found all year!!!
Good to here bud , nasty weather all around lately !

Broken

Broken

The Great White North...Eh !
Morning folks ! 55 f going up to only 68 f today with sun . I have a small fire in the pit , burning up some cedar & jack pine . 2nd hazelnut & Joe . The bald eagles are circling their roost , saw the male fly to the nest with a small rodent earlier this morning when I was starting the fire . There were a few beavers swimming buy to the creek just after dawn , I startled the 1st one who quickly slapped its tail lol. I did a little grass trimming around the camp last night & just finished a little raking . I have some white fish in the smoker shed for lunch with a fresh Chefs Salad . Hope every one is having a great week , going to hate to leave Saturday lol. :drinkingcoffee:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
good morning! - swell :drinkingcoffee: recovering from a bit over-zealous plate of melt in mouth... tasty BBQ ribs from our fav stop along the road joint. got a whole slab... and a # brisket. took home for dinner. hickory smoked ribs! had been up along the county line... work camp!... and one project is my remod of my old 75+ yr old pump house shed to a smoke house. work in progress. but i was in the mood for some tasty smoked ribs! hot there. no let up in that. bit brutal up there in afternoons. bit N was all triple digits... back here in town 83 currently, 93 and hot and 1627657764449.png says rain chance 40%, bit of a breeze... and low humidity. me and the windmill don't buy any of it! lol. shopping on today's agenda... and some mowing later on when cooler... i may not know it all.... lol but i do know something about mowing... :rolleyes: and cutting grass... so my neighbor lets his lawn get too high. i watch it weekly. he started to mow it once... late in day. made one cut... then quit. i suspected he had eaten a big meal. uh-huh! so he planned to hire a guy. i had talked to him earlier in week. told him to cx that. i would help him when i got back to town. Thurs. but alas, i got in late and with a dinner of smoked ribs, etc... so he tackled it on his own. i said... and one other thing mite help you... (besides dont eat much and cut in early eve)... take off the mulching cover and run it this time as a side discharge... and cut smaller swaths. as i plated up some ribs... i saw him mowing... mulching place off his mower! ;)

I had to get out of town... too may stray bullets! lol :rolleyes: besides, plenty work to do and no shortage of heat... but i try not to think too much about it all...

zzzhy.jpg

woodchuckcanuck

woodchuckcanuck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Question. What's the low down on a mini skid steer for moving pallets of firewood and logs to the mill. I might have a buyer for pour CAT 257B2. I know a mini skid won't be able to replace what it does, but is there a good brand? Something that can maneuver a 1500lb (or heavier) log with a grapple would be a good start.