ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc
Gold Clip Capital

Good Morning check in

woodchuckcanuck

woodchuckcanuck

Addicted to ArboristSite
I like my Vermeer. They make ones now that have 2500lb or more tipping capacities. Should be able to find a used 800 or 925 that would probably meet your specs or the newer ctx 100 or 160 would be a beast. Lifting height might be an issue?
8ft would be ideal, but not a deal breaker.

Broken

Broken

The Great White North...Eh !
Morning folks ! 63 f heading to 75 f with sun . I finished with the Homelites , got one running the other needs a new coil . Keep it for a doaner saw . I have to sharpen both 12 " .325 chains later . 2nd hazelnut & Joe . Have some brushing to do this afternoon , test the damm top handle Super 2 freebie out . Probably set a burn pile & have a Miller or meanwhile I tend to the burn . Be Safe but Productive ! :drinkingcoffee:

Broken

Broken

The Great White North...Eh !
that's what i call a full service! i know all about dirty air filters!!! :rolleyes:

>& set the curb idle @ 3200 rpm .

WOW! :oops: wonder what red line is? :popcorn2:
Yeh Manf. specs call for 3000 rpm for overall curb idle re: mulch / bag / side discharge . However this guy only mulchs and the Briggs 190 cc is not a torgue monster , and mulchs much better at 3200 with a 22 " blade Tex . I told him if he needs it adjusted I would hook up the tach and readjust , but he dropped over and said it's fine. ;)

djones

djones

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good morning all, 50° at chores time this AM. Cloudy and chance of storms this afternoon. Split and stack was yesterday's game. Some at my neighbors and some for me. Got more bucking and splitting planned for today if I can get to it before the rains come in. The grass also needs some tending to. My neighbor brought me some grass seed that he uses at work and it grows at twice the rate of the stuff I have down. As a result I now get patches where there is grass 1 1/2" higher than the surrounding area within a day or 2 of cutting. So I will be cutting something today, I just haven't decided which to do first. Play safe out there.

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
good morning - :drinkingcoffee: was cloudy and sunny, now just 1627828121038.png but i see plenty of clouds out there. 83/95. HI 100 or so. little chance rains. did get some yesterday afternoon. i tried to mow lawn. did ok. for 1/2 of it. where i had shade. moved to shaded in back yard. planned to top off tank. went inside first. that was it, til rain's thunder... then out to put stuff away. -hot!- but i was ok with that... grilled burgers and a center cut from my b.i.g. big beef tom planned for dinner, but ribs was a right now event... so it was ribs again. no complaints! :cool: Clint was doing his thing from the Italian spaghetti western triology last nite. saw the first two. 2 out of 3 not bad! it was Saturday Nite at The Movies at BL's.... snacks during the Intermission. Milk Duds... Dot's Hot pretzels... and i was after a choco filled marshmello... or two. but couldn't get the bag easily open... so passed on that. Fist Full and a Few More :envy:. an update announced for the shooter W of town... bail now at $3 million! :surprised3: an 18-wheeler made an illegal turn, i guess on the freeway... anyways... an SUV plowed sideways into it. trucker got a ticket!! just a few blocks from me... shooters blew out the windows of a white sedan Friday night... hit one inside. prob scared the ba-Yesus out of the other... well, that's my bet! o_O but what do they expect: let them out of jail early, don't put them in, don't send them back from where they come from, etc, etc! heck!, in San Francisco... if you walk into a store, steal some stuff and walk out... under $1,000 nbd. can't even charge you! :popcorn2:.

well, hope to get some more mowing done today... one way or another!
1627829030492.png

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Yeh Man. specs call for 3000 rpm for overall curb idle re: mulch / bag / side discharge . However this guy only mulchs and the Briggs 190 cc is not a torgue monster , and mulchs much better at 3200 with a 22 " blade Tex . I told him if he needs it adjusted I would hook up the tach and readjust , but he dropped over and said it's fine. ;)
oic... guess the word idle confused me! :rolleyes: well, 3200 rpms sounds a bit over any sense of an idle speed. 2900-3200 sounds more like max speed per govenor. noted the government [ EPA ] down here... don't regulate mower engine speed... like more exhaust, etc.... but regs the blade tip speed. o_O

car or mower...
  1. CM controlled idle speed which is programmed into memory,​
  2. to allow the vehicle to maintain proper idle speeds depending upon​
  3. engine load, temperature, and time from start.​
just got my mower back from the shop. had them set the idle speed for me....
1627830199300.png

Czed

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good morning guy's IMG_20210730_094025.jpg
Over the weekend I fixed a damn
445 that series sucks. IMG_20210731_094906.jpg
Found a sticker for my chusky IMG_20210731_120445.jpg
Put a new bar and chain on it
I leave at my nephew's
I cut tree's on his 30 acre's all the time
He can't run this so I gave him a dolmar 115 he likes it. IMG_20210731_164329.jpg
Shot the plate rack at my friends range IMG_20210731_164628.jpg
He likes the tx 22 it's light and doesn't bother his arthritis
The m&p .22s trigger is a bit too heavy.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Good morning guys :drinkingcoffee: .
Nice and cool here this morning at 60 when I got up, it's 68 now. What's crazy is since we had rain overnight the humidity was 96%, now it's down to "only" 81% :baba:. The good thing is that we have a nice breeze already blowing so I think the humidity will continue to drop, and with a high of only 75 predicted it will actually feel a bit chilly until later.
Not sure of an exact plan for the day as per normal, but I'll probably go and pick up a trailer chassis that I purchased earlier this week, and church meeting later for sure.
Have a great day guys.

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
This morning right after breakfast we made another batch, and sold a dozen to a friend. Then out for the day blocking and splitting 1-1/2 cord. Mowed the lawn. 13 yr old Sears Craftsman self propelled mower died (B&S motor). Put it to the road with a free sign and it was gone in 30 seconds. Just like the movie :) but no Angelina Jolie. :( Supper's done (homemade pizza) and now there's a blueberry pie in the oven.
hi wcc - lady just a few houses down... put a mower on the curb. had a perfect curb idle... -0-! lol.... a Troy-Bilt. stopped by Friday to ck it out... imo, POS! thot maybe wheels mite be a fit to mine as it was a front wheel drive. but no. and i could see carb hose disconnected. gone a couple hours later. along with the 2 hole SS sink...

no doubt it needed some work
1627830704314.png

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Yes for August 1 this is great! The cool front that got here 23 hours ago has hung around. Got down in the 60's earlier
G'day gents
August is a tuff month down here, as if July has been a breeze! ugh. but that means closer to cooler weather. the hot months are 5 and the cooler months are 7.

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
busy time last week. got a lot done. needed stuff to do. still want to change out the fuel filer on my lil M-f! but plan to park it in barn as the filter i rec'd, although a 1010 fit, seems more narrow. and the one in there i got from the M-F dealer. don't want it parked in outside barn shop space and fuel sys opened and no start situation.... guess time will tell. did get the oil changed. fun - not! i don't care what you do, or how u do it... ok, let me back up... i dont care how i plan it, do it etc... i always spill oil! even on my stationary mower lift. never fails. and changing the oil in a diesel tractor... imo, no fun! unless maybe charging $100 + per hr to do it. lol not! like, all set up... got place to dump the used... and sure, it will take some more. i just checked space remaining! ... then over the top comes the old nasty black oil! if it's never happened to you... trust me, u r missing some real fun!!! :rolleyes:
P1010020.JPG
P1010008.JPG P1010007.JPG P1010010.JPG P1010022.JPG P1010021.JPG
my 1010 is a later model with 2 drains in oil pan. it sure liked the fresh oil and the new air cleaner i installed. oh yeah! :yes: that curbside mod adjustment to my DIY slipping end to the tach cable i made is running 100% bullet-proof. sure do like that, as well... :heart: my lil El Torro... we get on well! gotta take good care of it. amped up my reference materials to include a 1200 page, 2-volume Shop Service Manual set. this then that, nut and bolt by nut and bolt... this small diesel tractor is 100% all tractor! :numberone:struts its stuff very well. unlike u know who at times... lol :muscle:front to PTO! engine is a small fuel injected, high compression, 18:1, 3-cyl specifically designed to be a diesel tractor engine for agricultural use. picked it up few yrs back, with implements and trailer... and less than 75 hrs on it. also have a new, NIB, set of ag tires and wheels. never put them on... yet! everything works on it, but the horn... :nofunny: but haven't puttered much on that...

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
busy time last week. got a lot done. needed stuff to do.
finally got around to moving the oak firewood that had become an eyesore to me over the past months since big oaks got a shave and a haircut! it was an impossible task for any afternoon, but one morning i got up at 6am and in the cool weather... it was a pleasant task. stacked up, ready for fall weather... another oak pile to move, white... and some chunks to split from both in the near future. got 2 or 3 cords of oak firewood up on the place most dry and under cover or stacked inside barn.
P1010088.JPG
P1010085.JPG

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
ugh! - stay tuned.... for BL's country wasp adventure...
sticking my nose here, there... in this out building... that one... i soon realized i had my fair share of hornets nests! not one of which i appreciated or liked... other than an appreciation of - be careful! 7 or 8 nests. some of them. :surprised3: :omg: i had some Raid hornet spray and it was a real blessing. kick-a** stuff... and one by one, i relocated the nests and their residents. each time with a bit of trepidation! :cold: the first one is where i met my waterloo... as i was working on the old pump house to clean out, wash down, etc... and mod it up to be new smoke house... i had to take down this old water hose hanger. door had not been opened in several years. several larger older nests other side of upper roof joist. had done in the active nest, but from time to time scouts would return. one was on upper wall/corner... and as i hammered on the old nails to pull... moved wall... and down it flew and :surprised3: zapped me. :angry: LH, knuckle area. it was like an instant poker, small hot explosion of fire! :mad: no chit! and hurt right off, too. but work to do, so i trekked on. hour by hour, day by day it got swollen, bigger and worse. just like wcc's hand. by 4th day it was quite swollen. then slowly resceded... now back to normal. :) not a fun experience! ~ and that was only a single hit.
P1010047.JPG P1010048.JPG P1010049.JPG
P1010103.JPG
but if there is any humor in such discoveries... every year always have some nests to deal with... one hornets nest was attached to the head of a single nail. old rusty nail in an out building. nail out from the board, ceiling... and there it hung. with residents! ~

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
spent some time spraying on one section of the farm... goat weed... sure wish the cows liked that stuff. most my grasses good stuff... but always some weeds. and city weeds nothing like country weeds! the goat weed started to droop same day and few days later... any future days were numbered... bass tank to the L
P1010004.JPG
before
P1010003.JPG
after
P1010142.JPG

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
always something. i like to mow my yard up there with my new Toro SR walk behind. gives beautiful cut and finish. well, imo. but it was a bit tall, so shredded first. then mowing ok. but... some grass got all twisted up and knotted. and i do mean knotted! mower stopped going fwd. cr*p! stuff like that always happens at wrong time! lol. so end of mowing for that day, was about Miller Time any hoo... nothing i tried could cut it out. and i had a pretty good cutter! next morning i worked on it, too! determined, i finally got it all out. it was like cutting a wad of locked up steel wool! i ended up raking the cut grasses and composting them. smooth sailing from then on... took close to an hour, both days... to get that grass knot out of underside. total PITA!~ :heart: this Toro model's tilt up design feature...
P1010025.JPG P1010026.JPG P1010027.JPG

P1010028.JPG P1010032.JPG P1010024.JPG

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
fireplace flue is closed, and the sweep is about to open it and extract all the chimney smoke debris. he was very careful. had a vac set up, too. it was a team effort, as i wanted no dust. that is how clean i had my hearth for the project. he said most have if full of prev fire's ash. and has to clean it, too. filled the bucket up with about 3" or so of black flue grit and ash. after job done, he invited me to stick my head up into the unit. and I did. to show me how much cleaner it was now. it was. pro work all the way. him, family, company etc... all involved in heating, fire and fireplace industry. nice guy to work with. 27 yrs old. a local boy....i got lucky. they wanted to sched it for 2 weeks off. that wouldn't work for me. then asked me to hold on... and then asked if 'would tomorrow around 1 pm be ok with you'... and so it got done. :) stiff wire steel brush end of long snake, popped off chimney cap screen to one side and slid it in, he did his thing for about 20 mins or so... i watched. he was very careful and attentive to my roof wants and issues, such as no break the shingle overhang drip edge with ladders.... etc. then on to inside.
P1010110.JPG

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
some pretty good times, grits along with the challenges and such. always the case. but one of the best was mowing/shredding last couple hours or so in the evening and a cool one :givebeer:, cooler calm air... and one of the herds out and up by the barn. their bull, the mommas... and the babies... just being cows. the mood and scenes are always pleasant and majestic. lot of hard work all the time... no let up... but those times make it all worth the while! well, imo...
P1010074.JPG

P1010061.JPG
babies not so baby any more....
P1010064.JPG