ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Gold Clip Capital
Traverse Creek Inc

Good Morning check in

chucker

chucker

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good Morning everyone! feels like a beautiful fall morning during am coffee time. enjoy the cool temps if you have them!
Sylvan, MN

CURRENT WEATHER
7:31 AM

55°
AQI 40
Mostly cloudy

Expect partly sunny skies. The high will be 81°.

FEELS LIKE
51°
WIND
0 mph
HUMIDITY
96%
VISIBILITY
9.9 mi
PRESSURE
30.2 in
DEW POINT
52°
DAYLIGHT HOURS
6:00 AM
Sunrise

14 hr 47 min
8:47 PM
Sunset
MOON PHASE
Waning Crescent
Waning Crescent

stihlaficionado

stihlaficionado

God of ArboristSite
IMG_9846 2.jpeg

^^ This year we planted several bunches of Tithonia Rotundifolia or Mexican Sunflower, a favorite of Swallowtails , but hey, what discriminating
pollinator can resist its large flowers & broad leaves for a rest. We underestimated how large this plant can grow. It is now nearly 5 ft tall .

76/55, another open window day

Good morn all

farmer steve

farmer steve

outstanding in my field, 5150
View attachment 921742

^^ This year we planted several bunches of Tithonia Rotundifolia or Mexican Sunflower, a favorite of Swallowtails , but hey, what discriminating
pollinator can resist its large flowers & broad leaves for a rest. We underestimated how large this plant can grow. It is now nearly 5 ft tall .

76/55, another open window day

Good morn all
Grew those many moons ago. Nice flower. No signs of any monarch activity on the patch of milkweed I left grow in the pasture. Some already have seed pods on them. I may have to mow them off before they mature.

stihlaficionado

stihlaficionado

God of ArboristSite
Grew those many moons ago. Nice flower. No signs of any monarch activity on the patch of milkweed I left grow in the pasture. Some already have seed pods on them. I may have to mow them off before they mature.
The monarch migration pattern seems to have changed a bit with a lot of activity west of us into Minn. The East/Midwest has not had the same activity as years past

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Good Monday morn :drinkingcoffee: .
68 here now heading to 75, not too bad.
Big week this week, feels like fall is almost here with all I have going on :dizzy:, that would be right on time with regards to the early start I got this spring though. Bought another trailer last night I need to clean up a bit and then finish up the tree job I started last week before my allergies kicked in(pretty sure it isn't the delta variant, but whatever). I need to do a bit of climbing to dead limb ahighly valuable black walnut and a little pruning on some that go over the house too. I also have 5 stumps to flush cut and an ash log to buck up.
Here's a few pictures from last week. @Groundman One , what do you think of that big portages-wrap, gotta do what you gotta do when your a one man show lol.
Have a great week everyone.
Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 11.55.51 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 11.55.05 PM.png
You can see the end of one of the dead limbs above the fire pit, nice they are all out in the open, they just need to be zip-lined down.
Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 11.53.51 PM.png

knockbill

knockbill

Addicted to ArboristSite
nothing like a plate of pork n beans! any way one wants to stack it. had some for lunch yesterday. smoked pork ribs w/2 sides. smoke house BBQ and sides DIY! my investment a bit over $4.00 i figure... +/-... 'over the counter at bbq place...' $13.99! 3 ribs, 2 sides... some bread, bbs n/c. pint of pintos there: $7.99!, mine here 15-cents! their potato salad, close to same $6.99!. the whole rib slab: $28.00! [27 & change]. last time i bot a whole slab, maybe 2 yr ago or so... pre-covid... $18.00. during covid i got a half... whole had jumped to $23. then i had later on a rib plate and 2 sides... and other day whole slab to take home: $28.00! pricey. but, imo... beats the time to smoke it DIY, although i could have done several slabs with my offset smoker. and over the counter, no clean up! lol. and then break it down into meals... and well, not a bad deal overall, imo. i mean a plate of ribs like this and couple sides... $4.00 or so - workx for me! :cool: as in a :numberone:rib plate...
View attachment 921373

yum!
View attachment 921374

Mornin' folks. 15ºC and foggy. Holiday here today so a lot of places are closed. Not sure what's the agenda today, likely catch up on some paperwork, maybe saw some birch and maple logs for live edge. We made some deep fried lemon crunch cake donuts over the weekend. When I was making the batter I mistakenly added too much sugar so ended up making a triple batch. The hard part is having to eat them all. :)

View attachment 921721 View attachment 921722 View attachment 921723 View attachment 921724
I struggle with computers and websites,,, but I think Woodchuck, BL and Steve oughta open a restaurant!!!!!

woodchuckcanuck

woodchuckcanuck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Morning folks ! 2nd hazelnut & Joe . 63 f heading to 79 f apparently with partly cloudy . Heading over to my Son's to finish the steel roofing of his house . Did the attached garage last mth . I hope everyone has a productive day. :drinkingcoffee:
I priced 5 rib (32" wide) steel the other day locally. $7.50 a linear foot. Galvanized and painted are now about the same price.

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
good morning [yawn!] - :drinkingcoffee: no rains here, yet! but all around our area. no mowing at ranch today, it seems.... greens, yellows and red. guess hot dry season and grass slow down to be little more than a myth! 85 here in COH, umm, i meam 87... 90 the high. 1627920014698.png , but 1627920027755.png prob more like it. sunny out, windmill favoring a breeze out of the N. we grilled a bit early yesterday, after tending to a project. me and the QB... was fun and we liked the results. i started the :barbecue:off with a cold :givebeer:. 'I'll get the grill going if you will bring me a cold one!' she said ok.... :heart: but like oil pans and air cleaners, decided the grill needed or could use some maint... so did some dribble-dabble cleaning, etc. flipped the grates... its an older Broilmaster, awesome grills... i modded it from in ground post to roll around card. all OEM parts. cooks up a mean steak. burgers, too. a pound of ground Angus into 4 paddies... lol. backed potato french fries and O, L, T... the T a slice out of the middle. only one needed. extra cheese. after, sat down to play with the pups. suddenly it was an hour later! omg, :rolleyes: so we went out and picked some green beans... blue lakes, contenders and a nice batch of yellow wax. then i mowed. rest of lawn. cooler temps nice. started about hr before dark. continued mowing under street lights. came in bit after 9 pm. lawn mowed... for a few days. it was long, longer and longest over here! ;) iukwim....

glad the mowing is done for a while. deep, but we managed...
1627921116624.png

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Sweet baby jezus, y'all have killer hornets down there.
Amen!! ~ wasps, hornets, yellow jackets, mud dobbers... and maybe even some murder wasps, too! in any event, we got some 'stay clear of!' insects... life on the farm is always 100%! of the time... eyes open, caution, look, and beware! black widows to copperheads... and plenty other in bewteeen. seller yrs ago told me, "this is the country. we are invaders. there are plenty of bad things out here in the country. can hurt you. you can get hurt bad. be careful... always!'

so far, so good... other than a minor this or that... knock on wood!

Huge insects seen in Texas aren't murder hornets — but they are killers, experts say. ... “Those large wasps you're seeing are cicada killers, a native insect that paralyzes cicadas with their stings and then drags them to their nests for their larvae to eat.

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
I probably would of put the blow torch to it and hoped for the best. :D
lol, you might have burnt it out... along with all the plastic routing and duct panels, too! then no need to bother, as mower then a total POS! but i'll at least... keep your idea in mind, should it happen again. actually, solution is simple. ck, degrass before is a knot. or....

mow more often!! lol :givebeer:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Those are nasty lookin lil buggers ! Should have hit them with napalm Tex ! :crazy2:
hi B - wcc said i should maybe use it on the underside of the mower....

:laughing: do you think that could be a :numberone: idea?....

maybe i could just fly in my F4 and take out the lil pesky buggers... and the whole entire farm, too... along with half the county ~ :yes:

BL on a hornet napalm run... cleared by Broken
1627922971787.png

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Looks like a hair ball from the Abdominal Snowman up North here Tex ! :blob2:
i never seen anything quite like it. one would think, just cut the grass stroke at a time and pull it out! ha, not to be or the case. it was a challenge. i mean... you just could not get it to give it up... :popcorn2:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
A Bic lighter & starting fluid comes to mind. Or several other aerosol products, depends what's on the shelf
good idea, SeMoT - i am sure those lil 'hits would have just waited for me to raise my hand up....

1627922693407.png

maybe an aerosol can of something flammable, and a bic....
1627922829187.png

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Morning men. 61*/clearing after last evenings downpour. Happy Ice Cream Sandwich day. Out for a critter relocation walk before I start picking stuff. Not sure what else in on the agenda. Have a fun, safe day guys. FS.
they come in a variety of styles, all include ice cream. best ever i ever had was as a kid over in England... a sorta-like eskimo pie, choco on outside. a bar. less than a dime. one afternoon i OD'd on about 8 or 9 of them... ahh, the life of a kid!

Happy 1627923501646.png Day!

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Mornin' folks. 15ºC and foggy. Holiday here today so a lot of places are closed. Not sure what's the agenda today, likely catch up on some paperwork, maybe saw some birch and maple logs for live edge. We made some deep fried lemon crunch cake donuts over the weekend. When I was making the batter I mistakenly added too much sugar so ended up making a triple batch. The hard part is having to eat them all. :)

View attachment 921721 View attachment 921722 View attachment 921723 View attachment 921724
sure look tasty!!!

as a kid my favs were maple bars! can still buy them, but they don't taste as good as back in the 60's....
1627923710661.png

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
I struggle with computers and websites,,, but I think Woodchuck, BL and Steve oughta open a restaurant!!!!!
hi kb - i am old school... i would struggle with a smart fone. but love flying with a Garmin GPS ~ i like computer best. the QB is a smart fone pro -

i think you may have an grand idea... but, i would rather see WCC and Steve open it, then i could be a diner there... and enjoy the chow! :rock2: