Good Morning check in

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good evening guys.
Long day even though I wasn't out long. I drank all of my gallon of water except the last 1", still lost 2.5lbs.
It was a three shirt day and it could have been more, but I did get a lot done.
Hope you all had a great day too.
same here last nite... could have been more. 1 only or i would not have got a lot done ~

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Morning,

Kinda hard to see, but have you got a block attached to a chain on the tree and then to a tractor? Very cool!
Correct, I didn't have my big strap so the chain got the call.
I used the skidding winch on the tractor as my lowering device.
I see auto-correct got me on portawrap back in my first post :badpc:.
hi chipper - did u light up your burn circle? i saw its stone layers in one of your pix... pretty snazy - mine at ranch could use a mod or two...
View attachment 921998

>It felt pretty warm working today,
That was at the job.
Yesterday their little guy was out there getting it going, just had to get him out of there before I dropped the larger dead limbs.

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
truly... one for the road. or at least, so they say....
1628006707393.png
pricey overhaul....

How Much Does Concours Paint for a Car Cost?​

Out the door from Harold's Hot Rod Shop the bill for restoring our 1966 Chevelle came to $67,307. What one has to realize is that included a lot of labor stripping the Chevelle down to the bare body and putting it all back together to meet show quality standards. Not all of it was materials or labor there was almost $2,000 in parts Harold bought added to approximately $3,000 Brian spent when it was crunch time to get the car out Harold's door. That's a pretty good price when one realizes the Chevelle went in as a rusted-out builder and returned well over half way completed towards a finished show car — A show car that we'll drive. An example of how much a Ridler paint job costs one of the cars in the 2020 Great 8 finalists had 2,500 hours in labor and was undercharged $200,000 another Great 8 car I knew of was $300,000 in paint and body.

half way done and only $67K to date! $125-150ishK when done. could be even more. might sell for $32K +/- once back on the block. oh well, tain't taking it with them... lol

have a nice day!

'over n out'

ps: lil '66 big block chevelle! back when still NIB on dealer's showroom floor... a 4-speed, black buckets and a 375hp version... 'poetry in motion'... Marina Blue my fav... used to drive my bud's 66... 325 hp, 396...4-speed... and the marina blue interior to match! and we were not even 21 yet... around $3,000 +/- new... '67's nice, too... but only the 66 had that hood! :numberone:

they can restore the cars, but they cannot bring back the aura of those times! the air, the locations, the car and the music and youth... package it all together... and it was nothing short of pure magic!!

:cool:

olyman

olyman

Tree Freak
Good morning guy'sView attachment 921483
Over the weekend I fixed a damn
445 that series sucks.View attachment 921484
Found a sticker for my chuskyView attachment 921485
Put a new bar and chain on it
I leave at my nephew's
I cut tree's on his 30 acre's all the time
He can't run this so I gave him a dolmar 115 he likes it.View attachment 921486
Shot the plate rack at my friends rangeView attachment 921487
He likes the tx 22 it's light and doesn't bother his arthritis
The m&p .22s trigger is a bit too heavy.
don't be so hard on the puddy,,he looks all tired out!!!!!!!!!

woodchuckcanuck

woodchuckcanuck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Mornin' folks. 16ºC and cloudy at the moment. Suppose to be a warm one today. 28 feels like 34. A fellow brought me two carbide tipped blades to sharpen last evening. A 9 and a 9-1/2 inch diameter for his Craftsman table saw. Never heard of such a size before. He says they are no longer made.

Beauty sunset last night. Have a good one!
20210803-sunset-Loch-Katrine.jpg

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
good morning - :drinkingcoffee: they talked about coffee a bit on morning news... how it amps up the start to a new day, not just here but around the world. tv weatherman said he had already had 4, but still dragging. :oops: a 1628081496885.png day today, afternoon showers most likely. stalled front just off the coast with plenty of nasty story downpours. lots, i say ... lots of reds n yellows! better be there, than here, if you want my take on it! a head on crash last nite... and one perp dragged a cop for a bit with his car... doubt he will do well in custody! 79/89. rains @20. winds @6 humidity @ 91. windmill awake. no coffee needed! i am not sure if one can trust all they read online, but surely we can trust the news! huh??..... so 2 days ago, news bit on liquor, wine to be exact... and how good a glass or two, 1 for the ladies, 2 for us guys... daily can be good for the heart and overall health... lots of antioxidants... cold beer or glass of wine... :rock:and last nite the ABC news said... new study says liquor bad for us and can lead to both heart and liver cancer... i say, even bad liquor better than no liquor... lol :drinking: go figure!

got some good news yesterday! :happybanana: the QB and i stopped after and had a 'lil celebration lunch...

today is a mowDay ~

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
1628082848951.png said: I sneak in a little moose or caribou to the mix on occasion , to die for !

i am trying to sneak in some smoked beef ribs. it's all the rage down here of late. but a bit over the top pricey. one family stopped at a nearby local joint offering the savory delights... mom, dad and 2 kiddos... tab rang up for lunch... sitting down? $139.00! they cut out the beef ribs! lol.... you can be sure i am not paying no $140 for lunch... nope! $140 still buys a lot of diesel fuel!! but long lines there, an hr not uncommon. place just W of town... bbq wed-sun... they want $30 for each beef rib! i was ready to try that place out. but not for that. then we found a place offering same, closer in. $25/#!... that sounds like a bargain.... :nofunny: as i am sure the big beef rib bone is cooked to the point of melting in one's mouth... :rolleyes:

:laugh:

bbq is going up down here in Texas! can't find no double packs of ribs at 99-cents a pound... and $ a pound brisked it gone, too... might just have to buckle on down and go DIY on them beef ribs... place close by sells bbq cooking wood. has plenty of hickory. i would want the ribs low and slow over hickory...

melt-in-mouth rib bones optional :cool: