ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Gold Clip Capital
Traverse Creek Inc

Good Morning check in

Broken

The Great White North...Eh !
Evening folks ! Back and unloaded from hunting camp . Got our limit of partridge & ruffled grouse . Making some wild game pot pies tomorrow . Weather was excellent high 60 ,s during the day and lit a small cedar & birch fire in the woodstove at nite when it dropped down to 50 f over nite . Lots of moose sign , made a couple of calls Friday nite & got a few grunts back , but nothing showed up . Early still another few lite frosts will get the bulls moving in a few weeks . Sighted in the .378 Weatherby @ 200 yrs . Good tight grouping for such a big bore , loading 200 grain Hornaday partition . Hot tub time and a cold Miller , adios Amigo's ! :cheers:

SeMoTony

SeMoTony

Addicted to ArboristSite
Evening folks ! Back and unloaded from hunting camp . Got our limit of partridge & ruffled grouse . Making some wild game pot pies tomorrow . Weather was excellent high 60 ,s during the day and lit a small cedar & birch fire in the woodstove at nite when it dropped down to 50 f over nite . Lots of moose sign , made a couple of calls Friday nite & got a few grunts back , but nothing showed up . Early still another few lite frosts will get the bulls moving in a few weeks . Sighted in the .378 Weatherby @ 200 yrs . Good tight grouping for such a big bore , loading 200 grain Hornaday partition . Hot tub time and a cold Miller , adios Amigo's ! :cheers:
That sounds like a nice thumper to bring 'em down. Heaviest I've fired 45-70 built on a 1898 Mauser action, 350gr bullet. Down on the bench with over an inch of recoil pad on the butt. Firmly in place when I touched of the powder, except it pushed me to an upright sitting position.!
Heard " I've got some 500 gr bullets loaded, wanna set a couple those off?" I'd had enough fun with that piece already I thought. Didn't get a chance for a 50 bmg in a bolt action. They may have been kidding at the conservation range as I was coming in and they were going.