ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Good Morning check in

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Well wouldn't you know, never got very far into production. Started out opening the box of new belts sent from Hakki PIlki dealer. They sent the wrong belts. I needed three A45's and the sent A38's. The difference being a PTO driven processor uses the 38's, mine is gas engine driven so it needs different (longer) belts. Dealer is almost 6hr drive westward, round trip. Had to drive 30 min into town, NAPA only had one A45 belt in stock. Well, I only needed one to go with the 2 used ones, might as well. Damn NAPA, their prices are double that of the dealer. An hour later I am back home and the belts are on. Meantime, the dearest wife took it upon herself to start up the EastonMade splitter herself and split 1/2 cord of oak. Processor ready to go. Next to attach the grapple to the skidsteer. Battery dead. Had to go get the truck and give it a boost. Next, hook up the grapple. You think I could get the two hoses on the couplers? No sir. I cracked all the lines on the grapple to allow some hyd fluid to drip out, left them cracked open. When the sun beats down on the black hoses, it builds up pressure in the lines making it impossible to attach the couplers. Emptied the pressure on the lines on the skidsteer (a process that involves tuning on the battery key but not turnover the engine, then release the park and cycle the joysticks through all the motions). At least that's what usually works. Not today. I think I damn near burst a blood vessel in my head trying to pop them in place. The wife was watching, she said, "You know, it's just not worth it." She may very well be right. This isn't a one off. It's a weekly occurrence. All this before 11:30 am. Fun days. :oops::dumb2::happy: :drinkingcoffee:
View attachment 930994
Sounds like a "fun" filled day lol. Mine was "fun" too, but that's why they call it work :yes:.
Made it to the township office with the barn plans/renderings and they approved the location and did there part. The next town over does inspections and the actual guy who does them happened to be out township office so I was able to talk to him and all seemed good. Well, that changed as he wanted my prints to have an engineers stamp on the because my building is over 40' :nofunny:. When he called me to tell me this he seemed like he had an attitude with me, he said that my building was not as I described it. I said it was a 32x48 with a couple 12' lean-tos, he said that they aren't lean-tos if they are enclosed, I didn't ask what they are called, but that's the terminology I've always used because that what everyone I know uses, must be like rakers :laugh:. So I called him back and left a message asking if he had any recommendations because the lumber yard I got the prints from doesn't have an engineer since they just plunk the numbers into the computer and it lays it all out based on what the engineers put into the program :dumb:. So he called me back today and said, well I don't need to have the engineers stamp on it, just something showing the load calculation would be good enough, why didn't you say that yesterday? So I hope to get that soon, and then he can approve it and I can give them money, and start building/spending lots of money :oops: :lol:. I guess I'll have to get some saws listed :surprised3::crazy2::sucks:, been saying I'd do it when the time comes, well it seems to be here.

I just had that same problem on a hydraulic line on a buddies kubota tractor a couple weeks ago, then it happened to mine. On them inside the coupler there is a little button you can push that will hold pressure if you didn't release it when you removed the loader(I always do it so not sure what happened on mine). On his it had full pressure in it and I couldn't release it hitting on it with a 3/8 extension with a hammer so I had to loosen the fitting from the line until it released the pressure, then I re-taped it and everything was fine.
Have a great weekend.

knockbill

knockbill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Yep, glad I got the wood cut and hauled yesterday,,, gotta walk down to get the truck from inspection shop... hope its done before the rain!!!!
Have a good one!
Good news is truck walked thru inspection again!! It wasn't raining when I started out, but I got half way to the shop, and the sky opened up,,, thought I was gonna drown before I got there!!!!

SeMoTony

SeMoTony

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good afternoon, dint have anything to post earlier,,, but went to car and found door. @Backyard Lumberjack likes my auction buys 20210924_122135.jpg
$4 safe, they had no # combination, he he he. Went to mechanics ,borrowed a socket, pulled the plastic cover from back, showed mechanic how to find combo.
Don't know if I have real use or if there is enough return to c'list it
Had a guy there said he'd tossed the combo of his safe into it, couldn't remember it and had to pry it open after grinding the hinges off
G'day gents

farmer steve

farmer steve

outstanding in my field, 5150
Morning. Gents.52*/72*/clear. Happy Lobster day. :sweet: Last Saturday for the campground market. Picking some corn after I get the truck loaded. Lawn mowing for sure later. Got some good info on the scumbag thief yesterday from the Stihl shop. Trying to restrain myself and let the cops do their job. Have a great day all. FS.

Oldmaple

Oldmaple

Addicted to ArboristSite
52F/11C up to 65F/18C with overnight rain ending. Been a couple of stressful days, kid losing control of my car and backing it down into the ditch. Find wrecker, get it towed to the mechanic. Problem with the dump truck, off to another mechanic. Problem with the van getting ready for vacation and trying to find unavailable parts. Then 2000 rounds of 9mm target ammo shows up. All is good now. Make it a good one everybody.

Attachments

• 16325676364778343669116882754839.jpg
    16325676364778343669116882754839.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
woodchuckcanuck

woodchuckcanuck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Morning. Gents.52*/72*/clear. Happy Lobster day. :sweet: Last Saturday for the campground market. Picking some corn after I get the truck loaded. Lawn mowing for sure later. Got some good info on the scumbag thief yesterday from the Stihl shop. Trying to restrain myself and let the cops do their job. Have a great day all. FS.
If you are confident knowing who the thief is, wait it out. Let the police do their thing, if they do at all. Later on in life, when the thief least expects it, issue your own justice.

revenge-is-a-dish-best-served-cold.jpg

woodchuckcanuck

woodchuckcanuck

Addicted to ArboristSite
52F/11C up to 65F/18C with overnight rain ending. Been a couple of stressful days, kid losing control of my car and backing it down into the ditch. Find wrecker, get it towed to the mechanic. Problem with the dump truck, off to another mechanic. Problem with the van getting ready for vacation and trying to find unavailable parts. Then 2000 rounds of 9mm target ammo shows up. All is good now. Make it a good one everybody.
Hope things turn around for you OldMaple.