Good Morning check in

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
morning Brett! He let his neighbor use it to cut 2 logs & grabbed the wrong gas jug. I doubt he’ll let him borrow it again.
Nice saws you had for sale sir!
hi Cb - i was thinking the same thing. no doubt a Chipper Saw buyer gets a good deal, ie... running saw. gone thru and in good running condition... sounds like a buyer can buy with confidence... :yes:

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
morning Brett! He let his neighbor use it to cut 2 logs & grabbed the wrong gas jug. I doubt he’ll let him borrow it again.
Nice saws you had for sale sir!
Oh man, I like to go with my saws unless it's someone I know can sharpen and run a saw well.
Hopefully you can clean the cylinder and it just needs a piston.
Thanks, more will be listed.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
hi chipper - sounds good! soon you will be bolting sill platess to concrete floors. then, only one place to go from there.... up! ;)

:)
Nope, no sill plates getting bolted down here, but I'm looking forward to the concrete. I will be shooting a couple ramset nails into the concrete for one wall, but that's just for a divider wall on one of the 12x48 sides to separate my wifes parking and my little shop that I plan to finish and make super easy to heat/cool.
Have a great day.

Broken

Broken

The Great White North...Eh !
hi B - don't think will need a bearing heater! lol... will prob only need some lube to encourage the slide on. i have had to freeze a part to get a bearing to slide on, too. i find it worthwhile to shop and compare. my small engine shop wanted $85 for 4 mower bearings... that were $21/4 online. to me round is round! lol. :givebeer: how well they wear on the case hardening i guess is the crux...
No , no one really needs a bearing heater anymore , just a glorified hot plate , more efficient to brew tea lol. I usually shrink the shaft or heat the bearing or heat housing , shrink the bearing . Propane or map gas torch & freezer accomplished 90 % of my applications . My hydraulic press accomplished the remaining 10 % effectively . I try to by only North American bearing content when purchasing bearings , the pandemic has successfully escalated pricing up North here. :(

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Nope, no sill plates getting bolted down here, but I'm looking forward to the concrete. I will be shooting a couple ramset nails into the concrete for one wall, but that's just for a divider wall on one of the 12x48 sides to separate my wifes parking and my little shop that I plan to finish and make super easy to heat/cool.
Have a great day.
oh yeah! ~ that's right... poles down in the ground. thanks for the clarification...

SeMoTony

SeMoTony

Addicted to ArboristSite
Morning y’all! 55 & sunny. Supposed to hit 64. Picked up a ms661 to fix. Be safe guys!
Have fun fixing the 661 ! I picked up a barely run 661 ported, MT mufflr and the muff modded. 046 pretty much kept up til it broke in. In the midst of milling maple w/60" bar. Chips in teeth from smiling face at the change! Just saying (<;. They can be better than ms880 in performance
G'day gents

Broken

Broken

Morning folks ! 43 f heading to a balmy 68 f with partly cloudy , sending some warm air south to Tex ! 3rd hazelnut & Joe . Continuing bucking up the birch and two more maple today . Venision smoking today , 3 roasts in hickory & 3 more in apple . Keep the productivity level up , winters coming soon enough ! :drinkingcoffee:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
No , no one really needs a bearing heater anymore , just a glorified hot plate , more efficient to brew tea lol. I usually shrink the shaft or heat the bearing or heat housing , shrink the bearing . Propane or map gas torch & freezer accomplished 90 % of my applications . My hydraulic press accomplished the remaining 10 % effectively . I try to by only North American bearing content when purchasing bearings , the pandemic has successfully escalated pricing up North here. :(
i thot about my press, but it is out at my hangar. and since they came off easily... think i will just tap them back on. should be a breeze, keeping tap loads to ID race. no doubt the grinder will spool up better, faster and more... but will it be enuff? i need the 3450 +/- not 1750 and electro magnets overheating! lol :givebeer: if i get a fail, will take parts over to the rewind company for a look-see. said they could tell what is wrong, Sr Louis said like pronto! at least i will know what is wrong. the rotor is a given. any probs and no can do. but the stator can be DIY rewired! plenty u-tube U how-tos'! A-z even sells the winders and wire, too. for magnetic windings. quite an art, if u ask me. the vids show back alley street shops little bigger than a walk-in closet... in some foreign country. but quite competnet! know their *hit!! no doubt about that. and some vids on how to wire, too. what + and what - goes to what pole... haha, no plans like that for this DIY'r! lol

BL, a DIY kinda guy... rewired his own bench grinder stator other day... wonder how it turned out?
1634397898714.png

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Morning folks ! 43 f heading to a balmy 68 f with partly cloudy , sending some warm air south to Tex ! 3rd hazelnut & Joe . Continuing bucking up the birch and two more maple today . Venision smoking today , 3 roasts in hickory & 3 more in apple . Keep the productivity level up , winters coming soon enough ! :drinkingcoffee:
yo B - :drinkingcoffee: gone. just catching some classic C&W tunes on the i -pad
P1010002.JPG

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
BL, a DIY kinda guy... rewired his own bench grinder other day... wonder how it turned out?
View attachment 935464
but, in any event... I am going to have a 6" 1/2 hp yellow bench grinder. i want that old Cummins one. even thou i have 4! lol. i have my reasons. but doubt i will spend $150 or more for a rewind. but it is an interesting skill and art, imo. the winding not to dif, imo... given the tools. but all the ends and connections. lol ;) so if the bearings dont go all the way... and the rewind is much over $50... i will just go with a new DeWalt 6". +/- as to some of their units vibrations these days, so will just have to sort it out. both A-z and Lowes, HD, TS etc have e-z return policies. but... doubt can be much worse than my, lol, craftsman on the steel table i scrounged one day out of an abandoned hangar. mite have to relook at it since all the grinder work and such. plenty good vids on smoothing them out over at u-tube U. some are a bit impressive to say the least, the efforts gone to so get very smooth runners...

worst case scenario, i can live with a clone
1634398873960.png
Tractor Supply offers this DW 756 $99! ~ and it is... yellow! lol

farmer steve

farmer steve

outstanding in my field, 5150
Oh man, I like to go with my saws unless it's someone I know can sharpen and run a saw well.
Hopefully you can clean the cylinder and it just needs a piston.
Thanks, more will be listed.
When the cop was here he asked me if anyone I know would have came in and borrowed them. I told him only 1 maybe 2 that would even ask. The rest know better. I told him saws are like a wife. You don't lend them out. He gave me a funny look.

Broken

Broken

but, in any event... I am going to have a 6" 1/2 hp yellow bench grinder. i want that old Cummins one. even thou i have 4! lol. i have my reasons. but doubt i will spend $150 or more for a rewind. but it is an interesting skill and art, imo. the winding not to dif, imo... given the tools. but all the ends and connections. lol ;) so if the bearings dont go all the way... and the rewind is much over $50... i will just go with a new DeWalt 6". +/- as to some of their units vibrations these days, so will just have to sort it out. both A-z and Lowes, HD, TS etc have e-z return policies. but... doubt can be much worse than my, lol, craftsman on the steel table i scrounged one day out of an abandoned hangar. mite have to relook at it since all the grinder work and such. plenty good vids on smoothing them out over at u-tube U. some are a bit impressive to say the least, the efforts gone to so get very smooth runners...

worst case scenario, i can live with a clone
View attachment 935470
Tractor Supply offers this DW 756 $99! ~ and it is... yellow! lol
Pretty well everything I own now is Dewalt . Mostly 20 volt . battery . I do have a 4 " & 6 " disc grinders / 120 volt Dewalt in the fabrication / welding shop . I think you will be pleased with their DW 756 product . I also find that properly sourced stones of proper rpm rating & dressed routinely resolves any vibration issues . As for your elect / electronic skills , I think your probably selling your ability a little short Tex . I have known a few savy Cessina pilots , in my time and all were very mechanically inclined . Something to due with survival and cool thinking under pressure , when gremlins appear during routine flight in remote locations ! lol. Anyhow yeah you can carefully tap in your grinder bearings , if not even a little heat in a warming oven helps in some applications . :blob2:

cheeves

cheeves

Tree Freak
View attachment 935431

60/39 & sunny
On tap for today is stacking the last of 2021's split wood & then cleaning the flue

Good morn all
MARK...WHO CAN I GET TO PORT OUR OLDER STIHL 500?ITS EXACTLY 1 YR OLD AND HASNT RUN SINCE WE GOT THE NEW ONE A MONTH AGO.
BUT WE HAVE SO MANY ORDERS WE CANT KEEP TRACK OF THEM. 3 DUMP TRUCK LOADS OF FIREWOOD WENT OUT TODAY BEFORE 11:30 AM!

cheeves

cheeves

Tree Freak
good morning! ~ :drinkingcoffee: cooler weather and the Astros in the news! they did it again! 59/74. View attachment 935432windmill hinting, facing N. will wake up later, some winds called for. no rains, low humidity. the mayhem continues down here. more daily fare. getting so I can hardly keep up with it... 'oh my, omg, yikes, too bad!' but two did stick out. too sad for two folks... out for an evening ride, or going someplace... on a bike. looked to be a Hog...road bike cruiser! bike and a truck hit hard! riders severly injured and truck driver, too! hard to fare well in an accident like that. perhaps the days of a fender bender and exchanging info are on the way out. there was a fender bender in one of our town's neighborhoods. you know... lots of houses, lots of streets, lots of people, etc... not too much traffic. but at one x-section... a fender bender. more so, just a tap! a T-bone type. the one hit did not take too kindly to getting his paint scratched... so got out of his vehicle and pumped 6 rounds into the other car! 6!!! point blank!! and residents saw it all... then got back into his vehicle and drove off! :surprised3: shot driver died as he tried to drive off and crashed into street sight... just a few feet ahead. talk about road rage!! ~

a good day yesterday. worked on my new pressure washer, did couple pressure washing projects, dashed in as the front brought some rains, and had a nice grilled dinner bit later with the QB - burgers; cheese and fries. grilled some sweet peppers. all done on the new SS grill center. :barbecue:

news just broke in on the i pad... some cops ambushed last nite. well, early am. outside a nightclub. one killed and 2 also shot. hard to dodge such antics when in close and the sniper has a rifle! bad news!

View attachment 935436
.....................a dangerous city!
WAS BORN THERE IN '50. HANNEMAN HOSPITAL.
CRYIN' SHAME WHATS HAPPENED TO HOUSTON.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
When the cop was here he asked me if anyone I know would have came in and borrowed them. I told him only 1 maybe 2 that would even ask. The rest know better. I told him saws are like a wife. You don't lend them out. He gave me a funny look.
Should have asked him if you could borrow his service pistol :laughing:

Marine-piper

Marine-piper

Homelite collector in training.☠
I'm in Manchester NH 10/16 enjoying the PBR rodeo with my son who's training to ride next season! Kaique kicked butt until the final ride. Jesse Petri took the show.[emoji106]
5db0984b077853d3150ed3b2a3dadc81.jpg

Homelite enthusiast in training [emoji879]

Country bumpkin

Country bumpkin

Addicted to ArboristSite
Have fun fixing the 661 ! I picked up a barely run 661 ported, MT mufflr and the muff modded. 046 pretty much kept up til it broke in. In the midst of milling maple w/60" bar. Chips in teeth from smiling face at the change! Just saying (<;. They can be better than ms880 in performance
G'day gents
Thanks! It has the mtronic carb without an idle adjustment that I can find. She’s scored pretty good. Probably be a next week project after last of hay gets put up.