Good Morning check in

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Just wondering, are you using a full chisel or semi chisel chain in the demo? I ask because a company sent me some of both to try. I've only ever run full chisel. I put on a semi chisel and I gotta say, not a fan of it. Works ok when the full bar is making contact but for using the nose I find it a bit choppy.
Just looked and that was one of my square ground work chains in that first video.
Square is very smooth if ground/filed right, then you just adjust the rakers to the saw/wood.

Country bumpkin

Country bumpkin

Addicted to ArboristSite
She's an awesome woman for sure.
She doesn't mind when I get things dirty, because she knows before too long I'll make them better than new.
I even cleaned the island off last night to get some pictures of a saw, wouldn't want the saw to get dirty :happy:.
Sold it this morning, only two more 7910s to go.
View attachment 935658
Looks great Brett!!

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
The last saw I bought new was in 2017 was a 372XP. A good saw for bigger wood. I haven't run anything larger to compare it to.

View attachment 935724
Nice saw, I like those too.
That's an xtorq which was the latest version of the 372. It gets a bit better fuel economy and is more forgiving in the cut. The original 372(what guys call the oe) had a much narrower power band, comparing them is like comparing a 2 stroke to a 4 stroke, or a gas engine to a diesel, well sort of lol.
The oe has an unlimited coil so you could tune them easier out of the wood, well that's what most think anyway. I just run them real fat until I hear the coil limit the rpm, then I give the screwdriver a little turn in more, and they run great there. But most guys do still have a hard time telling the difference between bumping the limiter and the saw 4-stroking when running them in wood, I have before myself.

Oldmaple

Oldmaple

Addicted to ArboristSite
44F/7C up to 66F/19C and dry today. Back to project house number 1 to open up the roof in the saddle that runs between the main part of the house and the utility room part. Had a lot of ice build up last winter and never had access to this part during the remodel. The furnace ducts run through this and water lines and am wondering about the insulation situation. I don't want the call at 6am some day that my daughter (who is living there) has no water. It will also be about -10 degrees out. Will at least put in a ridge vent when reassembling. Make it a good one everybody.
1634553041387.png

Broken

Broken

The Great White North...Eh !
It's fill chisel.
I can make a semi perform quite well, you just have to tune it to your saw/application.
Lets see a picture of the cutter.
Here's a semi, and even on a stihl :surprised3: , not bad for a farm ranch saw in hard black locust.
Gotta love them plaid cutting pajama 's Brett ! :laughing:

Broken

Broken

The Great White North...Eh !
Morning folks ! 35 f heading to 63 f with sun this afternoon . 2nd hazelnut & Joe . Heavy frost this morning , fired the garage woodstove up with some cedar & black ash . Nice an warm in 20 minutes , smoker stoked with some fresh lake trout in hickory my Son dropped over last nite. We tuned his new 7910 last nite in some sugar maple , with fresh square filed chain . He paid me back in full and was happy as a squirrel in a patch of acorn's ! We have another maple takedown this afternoon , so thinkin I'll let him take the lead ! :blob2:

woodchuckcanuck

woodchuckcanuck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good morning guys :drinkingcoffee:.
40 here heading to 65.
Some work on the barn today, I barely did anything yesterday, but I spent some nice time with my daughter.
Hope to get the girts and carriers on both lean too.
Have a great day.
You spent quality time with your daughter, you made the best use of your time (next to getting that barn built) ;)

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Gotta love them plaid cutting pajama 's Brett ! :laughing:
Thanks, there my favorite when it's chilly out, for cutting:rock:.
Morning folks ! 35 f heading to 63 f with sun this afternoon . 2nd hazelnut & Joe . Heavy frost this morning , fired the garage woodstove up with some cedar & black ash . Nice an warm in 20 minutes , smoker stoked with some fresh lake trout in hickory my Son dropped over last nite. We tuned his new 7910 last nite in some sugar maple , with fresh square filed chain . He paid me back in full and was happy as a squirrel in a patch of acorn's ! We have another maple takedown this afternoon , so thinkin I'll let him take the lead ! :blob2:
Glad he got a good one, shipping from here isn't cheap.
Hope all went well with the cutting.

Latest posts