Good Morning check in

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Good morning ASers ☕.
58 heading to 60 just like @Oldmaple today.
We had some awesome thunderstorms las night from 1-2am, very loud rolling thunder and we received quite a bit of rain, need to see if I lost any dirt out back.
Today the focus is on getting up the truss carriers and the girts down to around 8', only 8' so I can get the tractor under them as I have a good bit of dirt to remove from the inside yet and then sand to spread. Last night I managed to get so temp scaffolding built and then staged all the 2x12x16 on them for both sides of the poles(one on each side), I did this on both sides of the main building. The barn is looking great, but lots more to do :yes:. Also hope to get the leaves off the lawn again.
Have a great day guys.
Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 9.05.50 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-10-21 at 9.06.07 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 9.06.26 AM.png

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Morning, back up to 50s and up
Got out weed wacker and hedge trimmer and went to work.
Then pole saw to cut up fallen branches. Too slow on the bigger branches.
Out with the 490 and cut and ready for cleanup today.
Sun was setting, came in for a pumpkin beer...was ok.
Have fun today!
never heard of pumpkin beer, but a 'lookie-lou' glance online says there are some good ones!!!!
1634821484240.png

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
waiting on a pair of these to arrive today. only need one. might be the ticket [Rx] for my bench grinder motor... $8/2 A-z; free shipping/returns; free all around! :crazy2: free as we had cc credits... :) fix the motor for $6.00 would make me very happy! :pingpong: guess time will tell....

inbound - pair 10 uF run capacitors... "arriving, today!"

1634822636422.png

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
watched a show i had recorded other day... Life In Small Town America. interesting. started early 1900's and ran up into the 60's... a lot of blm reference, but what got my attention was a couple... in the 60's... outside a grocery store... sitting. one of the advertising banners on the window had an mention of red spuds. 69-cents... i thot it was about what they r today... then as i did a back up and watched it again... was 69-cents for a 10# bag!!

got some other day at store, on sale: 5#'s - $1.29

regular price: $1.29/#

A-z even sells them

5# bag $18.94
10# bag $20.94 :surprised3:

1634823533437.png

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good morning ASers ☕.Today the focus is on getting up the truss carriers and the girts down to around 8', only 8' so I can get the tractor under them as I have a good bit of dirt to remove from the inside yet and then sand to spread. Last night I managed to get so temp scaffolding built and then staged all the 2x12x16 on them for both sides of the poles(one on each side), I did this on both sides of the main building. The barn is looking great, but lots more to do :yes:. Also hope to get the leaves off the lawn again.Have a great day guys.View attachment 936294View attachment 936295View attachment 936296
taking shape!

djones

djones

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good morning all, 60° and partly cloudy. Animals are fed and watered, bipeds fed and coffee is done for me. Time to head out to TSC for chicken feed and grit. No deer to be found yesterday afternoon and no time to hunt today. Maybe tomorrow afternoon. Regular rifle season starts Saturday for the Northern part of NY. For us that's everything North of Rt. 29 but includes roads that go from the Salmon river at Lake Ontario east to South bay of Lake Champlain and North to the Canadian border. Including one million acres of the Adirondack Park that gives us plenty of area to get lost in. Play safe out there.

kenmbz

kenmbz

ArboristSite Operative
never heard of pumpkin beer, but a 'lookie-lou' glance online says there are some good ones!!!!
View attachment 936292
Had two of the ones you show, the shipyard (lighter) and the PumpKing (more pumpkin spice and heavier)
Wife likes the Shipyard better, I think they are ok, but would not choose them except to try something new.

woodchuckcanuck

woodchuckcanuck

Addicted to ArboristSite
nasty looking thorn. splinter? we get some killers down here. not good in body and not good in tractor tires. mesquite!! when i trimmed the FM fence line recently after all the limbs removed, i raked the area... after a real close up walk about looking for thorns ~

mesquite thorn nasty down here... these are small ones
..........View attachment 936281
What I hooked was a hemlock splinter off a cant. There's one tree here that has nasty thorns, hawthorne tree.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
taking shape!
Sure is.
I have one more 8' 2x12 to put up and the carriers on the house side are done on the mains(the 12' ones). I also got the first girt row down from the carriers up on that side. I need to get the tractor in there and see how low I can put them to make sure they aren't too low, i figure i should be able to do one more row and that's it for now.
I'm hoping to get the same done on the other side before the day is over, the rain that we've been getting on and off is trying to convince me to stop, but I'm determined. Lord, please don't hear that as a challenge :lol: .

deaves61

deaves61

Tree Freak
Good evening crew,last few days of vacation in the mountains some pics from the country saw a few elk this morning didn't get pics of them
6c7aabf03a4061b6e9f039ce3a28ff98.jpg
3188abed9341f28211c293be3928f77c.jpg
6882526c42fd4ea63028588cdc967c5c.jpg
708560f3a1ee28006ae313a42837057d.jpg

farmer steve

farmer steve

outstanding in my field, 5150
Need it cool Tex to get them big bucks moving . Just a few weeks till rifle opening season @ deer camp ! :blob2: :blob2: :blob2:
Supposed to be a cool down coming here the next few days. 70's just don't make for good huntin weather. Rut should be picking up the next few weeks and lots of corn being picked has deer moving. Hoping to give the crossbow some exercise next week.

Latest posts