Good Morning check in

farmer steve

farmer steve

outstanding in my field, 5150
Good evening crew,last few days of vacation in the mountains some pics from the country saw a few elk this morning didn't get pics of them
6c7aabf03a4061b6e9f039ce3a28ff98.jpg
3188abed9341f28211c293be3928f77c.jpg
6882526c42fd4ea63028588cdc967c5c.jpg
708560f3a1ee28006ae313a42837057d.jpg
Looks like a well deserved vacation Del. Nice fire.

Oldmaple

Oldmaple

Addicted to ArboristSite
41F/5C up to 49F/9C with a slight chance of a few more sprinkles. A little more work out back cleaning up some more of the woodpile. Maybe a trip to the DMV for the title transfer of a trailer, if I can get an appointment. Football game tonight, parents night, so I get to accompany my son out on to the field. Only chance I ever deserved to be out on a football field. Make it a good one everybody.
1634895714219.png1634895746501.png

Broken

Broken

The Great White North...Eh !
Supposed to be a cool down coming here the next few days. 70's just don't make for good huntin weather. Rut should be picking up the next few weeks and lots of corn being picked has deer moving. Hoping to give the crossbow some exercise next week.
Good luck Steve , love this time of year . Leaves pretty well off the trees , cooler evenings & frost in the mornings !

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
56/38 & cloudy

View attachment 936470

Weird burls at the base of this apple tree. I've never seen them at the base.

Good morn all
Lots of good burls come from ground level or under. Many like that are caused from weed whipping or damage from a mower, then it heals, kinda like a scar on top of a scar.

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
good morning! ~ :drinkingcoffee: almost ready for cup #2 - 1634912133782.png out. 70/85. maybe some rains, thot they said storms today?? :rolleyes: more high humidity. will Fall ever return? foggy W of town, tv weatherman said: -0- vis! the guy that stopped in the middle of the freeway and slugged the driver behind him made the news again. seems the dragnet for him is increasing... and another one of those family issues that steps over the line! son kills his mother!! family had not heard from the mom, so called in for a welfare check! cops showed up at the home and son was there. would not let the cops in... so they got a search warrant. and in they went. reportedly bit gruesome inside, blood all abouts... and sooner, not later... they located the mom... in the garage... in a box! :surprised3: i got a a chuckle out of some of the latest info on the local jet crash... "evidence on the runway shows the pilot was (prob close to 150 mph! or thereabouts....) was applying the brakes, trying to stop!!" ...trying to stop! :rolleyes: too bad they couldn't... one passenger ended up with a broken back as a result of the off-road (runway) ride!! beats the alternative! ~ tv reported few days ago the NTSB arriving to determine cause and stated as if there would be a press conference in a day or so... i said to QB, ha! more like 18 months to 2 years at best!!! yesterday they said... 'up to 18 months'... but one fact remains that no one is disputing... all things considered... the outcome was just short of a miracle! imo, maybe a full-on 100% miracle!

we wrapped up our storage move yesterday... sweep, clean and blow out the old space. I made the move day before. solo, even moved an modded car engine! 8-9 hours. no food, plenty of water. hand cart by hand cart, box by box. was kinda fun, actually. digging in here, there... 'oh, yeah... wondered where that was' :popcorn2:. set up a workbench that i have a history with, (have 6 just like it) pondered its origins a bit... it was little more than a shelf before. have 2 empty 4 tube light fixtures, now looking at some new ballasts. they had hung in my shop/warehouse area for over 25 years! told landlord emphatically... "no! they are NOT leasehold improvements! they are my lights!!" and i took them. and i got 100% deposit back, too. :cool: nice lights!! thinking to hang in new space. now i know what is in everything. :) the QB had even been talking about using a moving company... quote was $600! i said, no way! 3 guys. said i will do it myself... she was a bit :surprised3: when i finally walked in the house 'round 9 pm with old C-4 empty!! ...got a pat on the back and a cold :givebeer:

'was kinda fun, actually...'
1634914151777.png

then went shopping at Sam's, QB wanted some roasted chicken and I fussed with my grinder motor project later

Latest posts