Good Morning check in

Oldmaple

Oldmaple

Addicted to ArboristSite
46F/8C down to 34F/1C with some precipitation possible. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I will stay out of the kitchen as much as possible today. It's best if I just stay out of the way. Off to the tree stand in a couple of minutes, supposed to be accompanied by one of the youngsters but I haven't seen his eyeballs yet. No surprise there. Make it a good one everybody.
1637839701056.png1637839713526.png

Brufab

Brufab

ECHOholic
Mornin' folks. 5ºC and rain for the day. Got some small projects to make in the shop today. The sawmill shelter is no more.
View attachment 943899

Have a good one.
Looks like it is mostly intact still. 🙏 that it may be salvageable. Best of luck woodchuck hope a few hours of work and it's back together again.

bob kern

bob kern

ArboristSite Operative
Good Morning. 46°F/ 8°C dropping to 32°F/ 0°C by 10pm.
46 and breezy here in central Indiana. Rain just stopped. Trying to decide whether to work on saws or deer hunt! I wonder if it would interfere deer hunting if I took a saw to work on while I waited! Lol

stihlaficionado

stihlaficionado

God of ArboristSite
zn5pjqbzbk081.jpg

Reached the high of 43 early this morn, all down from there & windy, low in upper teens

Spent much of yesterday in the walk-in clinic with my FIL...can't get an appointment that isn't 3 months out! So if it's an emergency(it wasn't) it's the ER, if not then the walk-in clinic & wait.
I liked the military base hospitals much more...

My brother will join us tonight for dinner

Good morn all

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Good morning everyone and happy Thanksgiving.
43 here now, dropping to 38 by 4pm when it should be the warmest, then dropping into the mid 20s by morning. Glad I got a lot done yesterday on the barn, most productive day I've had on it so far. I had 14 sheets on the roof and then a buddy showed up to help, he stuck around for an hr or so and had to take off. I went in and took a break and got a text from a neighbor asking if I was working on the barn, then he said he'd be over :). He hung around until we finished the rest of the sheeting :happy:.I need to nail it off today, then hanging here at the house, since the wife and one of the kids has been sick.
Have a great day.
20211123_161440.jpg20211125_084237.jpg

ray benson

ray benson

Tree Freak
Good morning everyone and happy Thanksgiving.
43 here now, dropping to 38 by 4pm when it should be the warmest, then dropping into the mid 20s by morning. Glad I got a lot done yesterday on the barn, most productive day I've had on it so far. I had 14 sheets on the roof and then a buddy showed up to help, he stuck around for an hr or so and had to take off. I went in and took a break and got a text from a neighbor asking if I was working on the barn, then he said he'd be over :). He hung around until we finished the rest of the sheeting :happy:.I need to nail it off today, then hanging here at the house, since the wife and one of the kids has been sick.
Have a great day.
View attachment 943967View attachment 943968
Looks really nice Brett. Tablesaw and rip fence caught my eye.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Looks really nice Brett. Tablesaw and rip fence caught my eye.
Thanks Ray.
I snagged that saw up a couple summers ago. It's a Hitachi iirc. I researched the model and it had great reviews, although its older. When it was new it was around 5-600, I found it on craigslist for 125 and the guy said he was going to be in the area and could deliver it. In my research the one problem was the tilt feature on the blade, when the guy got here I check it and it wouldn't tilt so the guy said he'd take 100. Later I looked at it and found there was a lock on the tilt feature, unlocked it tilted fine lol.
It cuts pretty nice as is, once I get the barn finish I hope to have a little wood working area, mainly just a place to store those tools.

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
good morning Happy Thanksgivin' Day ZI-based, to all.... happy :drinkingcoffee:, too. boy did they miss their mark by a winde mile. actually... more or less off the charts... literally. as in: 'no show!' no 12-14 hrs HD storms and rains. no brutal cold front passage here, etc. i do see some greens on radar for the area now. but yesterday's forecasts showed yellow and red lines. guess u guys are right: forecast liars! :laughing: in their defense, i do see the occasional drop now n then hitting the bird bath. but, a miss as good as a mile, ok with me. but it changed things. their forecast miss. 60/71. 1637856148462.pngmaybe they got the cool front part right, 46 later on.

busy morning ahead.... 'bird's the word', mid afternoon

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Turkey Day was last month for us Canucks. Although, any day is a good turkey day so long as there is stuffing and cranberries.
oh, that's right! :) ... its an Interior thing. still, at least. i hear some want to change it. these modern times. maybe Charley Chaplin had it right. now i see, other [BS] changes to traditional seasonal standards... over in Norway... they have a Xmas ad running with Santa... in a same-sex greeting!

Norway’s ‘Gay Santa’ Ad Goes Viral​

i say: Nor-way!!! :omg:

pix included

[X]