Good Morning check in

Help Support ArboristSite:

Backyard Lumberjack
I almost left to pick up 2 saws out chippers way in the wife's car. But I was feeling guilty that if I was that close I should swing by to help with the barn raising 😉
was it him that had said some 'sidewalk supervisors'... might help get the roof sheeting done a bit sooner?? :popcorn2:

Backyard Lumberjack
Yeah, I haven't been outside except to grab odds and ends to burn, only have a few more and they are one for the yr unless I do some more cutting.
What were you looking at.
Hope they get some answers for your wife.
hi chipper - i was just wondering... if he had planned to dash on over while his wife had been admitted after they all sat in the parking lot.... ?

Backyard Lumberjack
Wife's admitted to a room now heading home to take care of the fur babies. Hoping one doctor figures it out.
we had a sick one here, too Bf - i keep telling them... 'paper napkins are not sides for dinner time!!!' didn't dine much... i caught it... in time. but did slow things up a bit. but as the saying goes:

'all's well in the end... that ends well!' ;)

Backyard Lumberjack
Can tell the 1st snow in michigan. Here's a couple of the 20 or so people spun out and crashed. 75 between 69 and 696 area
they don't need snow down here to do it. just a lil speed, DUI, texting and/or some rains. i saw you guy's area on the tv weather report last nite... showed all 48 states. and Mi etc to NY... white!!!

think they said it was snow!!! ;)

Backyard Lumberjack
Good morning 34*/precipitation of some sort. Happy French Toast day. No deer yesterday although @nomad_archer saw a few. I may take a walk down to back to look for the buck he saw at quitting time. Wally world later. Have a good one guys. FS.
now there is a tasty breakfast treat i don't get much of these days. i can remember being barely 5 and my mom often serving them. french toast and waffles. lots of hot syrup and butter. maybe an egg on the side...

1638112246592.png

Backyard Lumberjack
Mornin' folks. 1ºC and darkness. Learned something new yesterday. Pot hole water does a good job of cleaning your hands when necessary. We were on the road most of the day. From the back roads to the ocean and a few other points in between. I can't recall the last time spending near 8 hours driving. Anyway... We were at a friend's place today, met their dog for the first time. Give him a good rub down, which he thoroughly enjoyed. Strong wind blowing. Nice day. The ol' Lab must of rolled all day in manure. For when we got in the truck to leave... oh... my... gawd. It smelled so bad and we were laughing so hard, I had to pull off the side of the dirt road. While roadside, still laughing, we went to one of the potholes filled with water and rinsed our hands...a couple times. Worked pretty well.
omg! what a story! one might think the 'tell tales' signs would have shown up almost immediately...

'there's one honey, let's try it... let's try anything!! ~ '
1638112794438.png

Backyard Lumberjack
was out in the garden the other day, the day the first rains forecast. with the 1015 onions having arrived, weren't doing much good sitting in box in a 'cool dry place'. so got the biggest 50 or so planted. yesterday's rains were welcome. slow drizzly and easy on the plants...
P1010002.JPGP1010003.JPG

Brufab
hi chipper - i was just wondering... if he had planned to dash on over while his wife had been admitted after they all sat in the parking lot.... ?
No I had a saw deal lined up but got 2 cities confused. Shelbyville and Shelby twp. A 75 min difference each way. Wife wasn't feeling good first thing in morning so I figured it would be a ER trip kinda day. Plus truck is alil iffy to do a 4 hour round trip and my honda still in shop and I don't need the last car breaking down right now. But I thought if I was going to be close to chipper1 the least I could do was offer a solid half day or more of work whether it was skilled or grunt work. If I did the saw deal I would had some guilt that I didn't help a member out if I was within shouting distance of his home.

Backyard Lumberjack
bit excited about this season's fall tomatoes. doing very well! gobs of green and flowers. i think one tomato is now bigger than golf ball! but not too excited about weather forecast... 'first freeze mid to late December! always a pita! to protect sensitive plants. but the big deal other day was to get my spuds in. not on home garden agenda, but had some grocery store specials... that went special! lol... so just potted them all up and said... 'it's all up to u guys now!' and they did well. heck of a root system developed!! fun to watch them show green then grow into some nice sets. plan was to plant the whole pot, but they did so well... i decided to break it ups some. the pine needles on top 'cause big rains next day in forecast. oh well, can remove etc. so prepped up the area i had planned for them. dug a trench. side dressed it. covered that. planted spuds. and wrapped it all up. some more side dressings here n there as they grow and hilling, too. no doubt will get some garden fresh red spuds if all goes well.
P1010010.JPGP1010007.JPGP1010009.JPGP1010001.JPGP1010008.JPGP1010011.JPG

Backyard Lumberjack
If anyone is bored I posted some hl159a?s in first time doing a carb rebuild any help would be greatly appreciated 🙂
hi Bf - yeah - too bad u didn't have time to go over and help chipper with this or that... he might have traded some saw carb thots/tips in exchange. little doubt in my mind he could fix it... etc.