Good Morning check in

Help Support ArboristSite:

Brufab
That looks pretty good from here.
I wouldn't have been pleased with the flush shingles either. I always overhang my starter strip/strips to give me something to line up the bottom row with, sometimes I snap a line on the top side of the first row of shingles, just depends on how critical the location/homeowner is.

The eve trim in that picture.
Here's the end of mine, and a joint with about 1.5-2" overlap, looks good to me :).
View attachment 946295perfect joint!! Looks like you clipped your hem/kick perfectly :numberone:

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Looks like you clipped your hem/kick perfectly :numberone:
Thanks.
I enjoy fab work, it's one thing I'm looking forward to doing in the barn, but getting set up may take a while. A good buddy of mine has a sweet inverter welded that does anything I'd need to do, I told him he can set it up in there if he'd like, he has is set up in a Michigan basement now. They are here a few times a week so it wouldn't be an issue for him to have it here.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Well the weather here went from snow to, sleet, to rain, and now it's freezing up, then it's supposed to warm up in the next couple hrs, then it's suppose to stay in the 40's until early morning, then drop to below freezing by 8am . As they say. if you don't like the weather, just wait 5 minutes lol.
So in saying all that, I may have left out that the high for tomorrow is 45 at 1am, the low is 22 at 11pm.
Quite the weather ride we have going on here right now.
Hope you're all having a great Sunday.

Brufab
Was getting good snow at 10 am in westbranch roads were super slick. Glad we got outa there because we had to get home to get a saw running and mailbox was stuffed full from ebay stuff 🤣 suppose to get 3-5" there but it's rain and freezing rain in the flint area currently

Attachments

• 20211205_103250.jpg
    20211205_103250.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 3
  • 20211205_103010.jpg
    20211205_103010.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 3
bob kern

bob kern

ArboristSite Guru
Never heard of all that Bob.
At least your wife will be happy lol. I've dealt with frozen pipes before, it's not something fun to work with when it's cold out :cold:, and for some reason it's always real cold when it happens :laugh:.
Probably just coincidence chipper or maybe global warming doing its thing!!

bob kern

bob kern

ArboristSite Guru
Got this far plus got the 1000g tank cleaned and set. Pipe on the right is from a spring I tapped, one on the left goes to a large holding tank atop the hill. Got tired of not having water when the power went out so I put the tank up there and it gravity feeds now.
plumbing , a cover and insulation is all that’s left.

Attachments

• 351EF99D-13D0-44AD-B2C4-5979F2C36903.jpeg
    351EF99D-13D0-44AD-B2C4-5979F2C36903.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 4
bob kern

bob kern

ArboristSite Guru
36F/2C down to 26f/-3C, windy with occasional precipitation of some kind. Making some venison chili for dinner. Other than that, I guess it's a Star Wars day, off into the great unknown. Make it a good one everybody.
View attachment 946608
Mornin all

Brufab
Morning fellas! A real 💩 of a day it looks like. Super windy cloudy maybe some mixed precipitation. Gonna try and go pick up my car that's been in the shop for alil over 2 months with no progress and drop a chain off at the saw shop to be sharpened. I may have to buy a stihl chain for the Remy since oregon I don't believe makes any .404 .063 chain and I'm a oregon guy. 42$ for a 72 dl loop:dizzy:Hope everyone has a safe and productive day.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Good morning friends :).
35 and dropping! Still saying 17 by tomorrow morning :cold:. I may take the last AC window unit out of the kitchen today, even though it looks like a nice warmup by the weekend and into next week.
I'm going to get up on the roof and fight the wind(if it's not too slippery) and try to get the rest of the underlayment down. They are saying gusts of up to 50mph today, so I expect that some of the underlayment may stay on the roof :oops::sucks: , but what's a guy to do as they are also calling for more snow.
Have a great week guys.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Morning fellas! A real 💩 of a day it looks like. Super windy cloudy maybe some mixed precipitation. Gonna try and go pick up my car that's been in the shop for alil over 2 months with no progress and drop a chain off at the saw shop to be sharpened. I may have to buy a stihl chain for the Remy since oregon I don't believe makes any .404 .063 chain and I'm a oregon guy. 42$ for a 72 dl loop:dizzy:Hope everyone has a safe and productive day.
Just think, that chain will probably last the rest of your life ;). I have some 404 files here, more than I'll ever use actually. I mainly use them for setting up chains to cut frozen wood, but they are too big to use on anything worn past half way, so it's a short "season" those files get used in. I'm pretty sure I have a few boxes, you're welcome to a box :).
We also have a couple dealers over this way that do pretty good on Stihl chains. If you have any that are worn down bad one does a chain exchange since they do not sharpen chains and they sell them close to cost(from what I can tell).
Want to come over and install some steel today, the wind is only up to 25mph currently:laughing:.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Good morning. 45*/cloudy/showers? Happy Gazpacho day. Other than the tree stand for a bit this morning not sure what else with the guessed rain showers. Have a swell day fallers. FS.
Rain sent Steve :cheers:.
Hope you get a nice one, one you can haul home in the tractor ;).

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Got this far plus got the 1000g tank cleaned and set. Pipe on the right is from a spring I tapped, one on the left goes to a large holding tank atop the hill. Got tired of not having water when the power went out so I put the tank up there and it gravity feeds now.
plumbing , a cover and insulation is all that’s left.
Good morning Bob.
So is that basically a well pit, just without the well.
Do you insulate the walls/roof on it so it doesn't freeze.
How do you keep the 1000gal tank from freezing.
I know, lots of questions lol.

Brufab
Thanks chipper1 the current chain is a stihl and I soaked it like you guys said to do. Chain looks like it was never sharpened once yet but will need to be. And your right that a chain will last my lifetime as the saw will only be used for short periods for vintage bucking. Yea I can see you now hang gliding with a 31'6" piece of material over lake michigan