Good Morning check in

Help Support ArboristSite:

Backyard Lumberjack
while sitting in my tree stand... i thot i would do another wipe clean on the M17's binoc lenses, eye-piece. not knowing much about it or such items history... did some look-sees over at Utube U... and was amazed and the info. historical, volumes, other nation's, and how-to's r/rs... and learned some about carrying cases, too. noticed the leather hand carrying strap was gone. so i plan on a leather project soon, starting with a pattern made from info garnished from the 'U"...
P1010016.JPG

Backyard Lumberjack
another project in the works is to catch up on some firewood splitting. had pulled the battery a few months back... :rolleyes: and was a bit concerned it mite not charge up. a scrounged lil bat charger needing almost no work, sans some exposed wire tapping and clip cleaning... did the job 4 days. couple hrs first day, let it sit, bit longer, sit, then more time... and over the weekend, just when i had decided prob not going to amp up... low and behold a green light! :) so we shall see... if not, nbd... a new 280 cranking amps batt garden variety... $28.00-WM.
P1010001.JPGP1010002.JPG

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
OMG!!! roofing work in the snow! with snow on roof, too.... imo, icy conditions! :omg:

but that chipper seems to recover well... :chainsaw:

i know someone who would not let me get up there!!! lol ;)...

come to think about it... make that: two!

:givebeer:
Its Michigan, if you wait for the weather you may be waiting a while lol.
hi chipper - u think the cold has anything to do with it... squirting pure gasoline mix in vs a vaporized plume?....

just wondering :popcorn2:

heck! ... i dont even like to fire up the :barbecue: if its below 50 out... :cold:
Not sure, just brought it down and in the house to warm up a bit. I use it all yr and store it outside, so I'm guessing it's not going to help. When I fired it up this morning, third pull, because I forgot to turn the choke on, remembered after the second pull.
there you go chipper! 'and as for the roof, ... that's a wrap!'

'glad Brufab stopped by... one more tweak here... decided to put on rain gutters, too... and its a wrap!
View attachment 946721
No gutters anytime soon lol.

Backyard Lumberjack
I seen your from ECHOville hahaha that's my kind of town! Also that police blotter sucks, what the heck happened to this country everything going to hell.
hi Bf - ya... Echoville. :) i used to live on Echo Lane, but now more so in NW area of town... out on RR Fm 255T...

on the road to Echoville, Texas
1638820058834.png

bit of a hole-in-the-wall town... but suits me ok

Echoville, Texas. population: varies day to day...
1638820391797.png
some of the l t locals affectionately refer to it as
sagebrush flats!

:lol:

Brufab
Its Michigan, if you wait for the weather you may be waiting a while lol.

Not sure, just brought it down and in the house to warm up a bit. I use it all yr and store it outside, so I'm guessing it's not going to help. When I fired it up this morning, third pull, because I forgot to turn the choke on, remembered after the second pull.

No gutters anytime soon lol.
I would go with the seamless gutters, looks better and no joints to leak. Probly need 6" for the amount of water coming off that mega roof!

woodchuckcanuck

woodchuckcanuck

Addicted to ArboristSite
kinda reminds of some of those big historical oaks they moved when the H Ranch was being built in the early days. huge oaks. huge root ball. dig down, secure all or most of roots... build large concrete circular wall... get the bottom, too. get it on huge timbers... and relocate! back when the HD trucks still were chain driven to rear wheels... amazing!
View attachment 946713
Speakin' of chain drive trucks, probably the oldest pic I have in the collection.. A White Motor Company truck hauling fir logs.
default-53.jpg

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Good evening everyone.
Had a good day as far as getting something done and feeling better.
The barn is now covered on both sides to the ridge(minus the vent gap of 4"). Hopefully the steel will be going on sooner rather than later, seems like it's been a long time coming.
Had to run to town for more cap nails, I had burned thru a couple 100 piece boxes and a couple 190 piece boxes and ran and bought another 190 box and used about 3/4 of it.
When I went I decided to get fuel for the saws/backpack blower. While the truck was warming up I decided to look at the backpack blower and try to figure out what was wrong. The first thing I did was to look at the fuel, realized quickly that it was not quite the light orange that my mix normally is(maxima k2), but rather a bit more on the red side. Since I can't smell much or taste (not that I would have) I dipped my finger in the tank and instantly knew what I had done. Ends up this was the gas can I had put diesel in for the bonfire and not my large gas can for the saws that I keep in the truck. So I dumped all the diesel out of the blower into the bonfire pit and started a fire in there with some leftover stump pieces, then I put an inch or so of mix in the tank and used the purge bulb to move the mix thru the carb. I also shook the blower to help flush the diesel out of the inside of the tank. Then I gave it a pull without the choke on, and nothing, then I choked it and it popped a bit, then I gave it another pull and she fired right up, but it sure did smoke a lot lol.
I headed out to the store and when I got back I fired it up again and it smoked a bit then too, so I left it run long enough to get it nice and hot. It seems to be all good now, ready for another 20yrs after that diesel flush lol.
Hope you all had a productive day too.

Backyard Lumberjack
1638856386847.png they say, but i can't tell. guess no stars is a clue. boy! ~ things changed around here in a hurry once that front passed on by. temps fell faster than an icy skid of a tin roof job in winter! what was T-shirt weather for first cup of :drinkingcoffee: was sweatshirt weather early afternoon. mid-70ish to mid 60's! in about a flash!~ 59f out to 55f or so. chilly for sure, but pleasant. stayed in my T. almost layered up. for bike ride did. to include over coat. 62f then. and nice. few wind gusts earlier as the front edged by us...

1638856704137.png

woodchuckcanuck

woodchuckcanuck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Rolling thunder, pouring rain, coming down like a hurricane, lightening flashing across the sky... ahh hell's bells', :rock2: ... might have a leak. :confused: The wife's been up most of the night. Her supersonic hypersonic hearing could pick up a water drip inside the walls. When I finally decided to drag my butt out of bed at 4:30am to see what's up, had to get dressed and go get a ladder and poke around up in the attic with a flashlight. No signs of water coming in but its a complicated roofing section, so it could be coming from anywhere. Paint blisters will be the telltale sign I guess.
Mornin' folks. 16ºC and rain is falling in burst now at a rate of 110mm/hr.
IMG_8340.JPG

farmer steve

farmer steve

outstanding in my field, 5150
Good morning. 29*/clearer. Happy Cotton Candy day. Take a minute to remember Pearl Harbor today. Got the call from the State trooper that he is going to pick up some of my stolen saws today. :happybanana: Guess they are short on space at the barracks because he said I need to pick them up as soon as he calls me . Almost an hour drive to the station for me. Vet appt. today for our 17 year old 3 legged cat Linus today. Have a great day guys. FS.

Buckshot00