Good Morning check in

SuperDuty04
21 degrees here this morning. Coldest day we’ve had yet. Yesterday was a good day, sold my Super Duty, and received notice from AT&T that I passed my background and drug test and will be in the January linemans school. Today I’m going saw shopping.
Im gonna start off by checking out a used Makita at Home Depot.

bob kern

bob kern

ArboristSite Guru
21 degrees here this morning. Coldest day we’ve had yet. Yesterday was a good day, sold my Super Duty, and received notice from AT&T that I passed my background and drug test and will be in the January linemans school. Today I’m going saw shopping.
Im gonna start off by checking out a used Makita at Home Depot.
Congrats are in order!!

Brufab
Morning fellas, 17 going to 21, wind has diminished significantly. Probly coldest day yet. Looks like a high of 50 over the weekend though. Not much on the schedule today, just have to pick up a couple chains from the saw shop and if the good lord is willing my 97 honda crv may or may not be ready this afternoon/evening. Might go to menards to pick up some oil and a can of non ethanol gas after hearing it is probly best to run 32:1 in my old saws since the quality of oil has improved dramatically since the 1960's. Take care guys have a safe and productive day!

Backyard Lumberjack
good morning :drinkingcoffee:. 54 and 1638886404103.png. 66 the high, in the 40's by the weekend. pretyy cold up north, showed about 4f in MN....my metro center says 58f outside my backdoor. i don't really know what this city is going to do in future about the crime wave here and all the bad guys! said last nite on tv local news crime so bad and scary the city's jail system has employees calling in sick and will not come to work as too scared! wow - wonder how long the paychecks will keep coming? and its not just those over 18 - one school close to us... off the football team, a plan was put together to get a teammate by sev other teammates. so they went to his house Friday, lured him outside on pretense his truck had been hit... and then one hauled off and slugged him... hard! the punch was reported to be a HAYMAKER!! then they all jumped in... and left him out in the middle of the street - and when then 911 was called and the kid is in ICU severely beaten imo, to a near pulp! the motive as news mentioned, was because they did not like his attitude about girls. and that is a near quote of the news story!~ another OK Corral shootout. this time 2 felons got into it. you know... the kind not supposed to posses weapons! cops called and SWAT arrived. wife found dead in the driveway. of course, hubbie knows nothing about it. still yet... the cops are questioning him! nothing short of a 3rd degree would be my guess :popcorn2: here is one sure to interest that new precision policework program... new robbery ring discovered. targeting women in cars to steal them. catch the woman off guard, like at bank drive thru... and enter car thru pass door if possible. thot these new fangled cars auto-locked off ignition.... and... speaking of jail and beatings... a guy arrested on sex abuse issue, with several past events, too... is in the Houston jail. and since jail is light on staff, etc employees... and the bad guy is not actually in a cell... and since he then gets an eye for one of the police female sargents... he jumps her and does his thing again! right there at the jail house! and in the ensuing sense of arousal, ok, bad word, arrival... beats the be'livin- p*** out of her to let her know he means business. :surprised3: and on2 cop interviewed said the beating was so bad... so violent... in his 45 yrs as a cop, has never seen anyone beat up so bad and still alive!

hard to believe such indifference to people and any sense of reasonable human behavior is an on-going daily activity down here. i, for one... am appalled!

Haymaker ~

A powerful forceful punch. The word usually used in boxing. When the person swings with full force. Twists his waist and shoulders round before turning back unleasing a mighty blow!

"He hit him with a Haymaker!"

1638887862080.png

Backyard Lumberjack
Good evening everyone.
Had a good day as far as getting something done and feeling better.
The barn is now covered on both sides to the ridge(minus the vent gap of 4"). Hopefully the steel will be going on sooner rather than later, seems like it's been a long time coming.
Had to run to town for more cap nails, I had burned thru a couple 100 piece boxes and a couple 190 piece boxes and ran and bought another 190 box and used about 3/4 of it.
When I went I decided to get fuel for the saws/backpack blower. While the truck was warming up I decided to look at the backpack blower and try to figure out what was wrong. The first thing I did was to look at the fuel, realized quickly that it was not quite the light orange that my mix normally is(maxima k2), but rather a bit more on the red side. Since I can't smell much or taste (not that I would have) I dipped my finger in the tank and instantly knew what I had done. Ends up this was the gas can I had put diesel in for the bonfire and not my large gas can for the saws that I keep in the truck. So I dumped all the diesel out of the blower into the bonfire pit and started a fire in there with some leftover stump pieces, then I put an inch or so of mix in the tank and used the purge bulb to move the mix thru the carb. I also shook the blower to help flush the diesel out of the inside of the tank. Then I gave it a pull without the choke on, and nothing, then I choked it and it popped a bit, then I gave it another pull and she fired right up, but it sure did smoke a lot lol.
I headed out to the store and when I got back I fired it up again and it smoked a bit then too, so I left it run long enough to get it nice and hot. It seems to be all good now, ready for another 20yrs after that diesel flush lol.
Hope you all had a productive day too.
:surprised3:

diesel in a saw? who'd a thot... i probably am too over conservative with my cans for such... each being labled:

2-stroke fuel ONLY

Diesel ONLY

oh, well... alls well that ends well! almost a

kenmbz

kenmbz

ArboristSite Operative
good morning :drinkingcoffee:. 54 and View attachment 946941. 66 the high, in the 40's by the weekend. pretyy cold up north, showed about 4f in MN....my metro center says 58f outside my backdoor. i don't really know what this city is going to do in future about the crime wave here and all the bad guys! said last nite on tv local news crime so bad and scary the city's jail system has employees calling in sick and will not come to work as too scared! wow - wonder how long the paychecks will keep coming? and its not just those over 18 - one school close to us... off the football team, a plan was put together to get a teammate by sev other teammates. so they went to his house Friday, lured him outside on pretense his truck had been hit... and then one hauled off and slugged him... hard! the punch was reported to be a HAYMAKER!! then they all jumped in... and left him out in the middle of the street - and when then 911 was called and the kid is in ICU severely beaten imo, to a near pulp! the motive as news mentioned, was because they did not like his attitude about girls. and that is a near quote of the news story!~ another OK Corral shootout. this time 2 felons got into it. you know... the kind not supposed to posses weapons! cops called and SWAT arrived. wife found dead in the driveway. of course, hubbie knows nothing about it. still yet... the cops are questioning him! nothing short of a 3rd degree would be my guess :popcorn2: here is one sure to interest that new precision policework program... new robbery ring discovered. targeting women in cars to steal them. catch the woman off guard, like at bank drive thru... and enter car thru pass door if possible. thot these new fangled cars auto-locked off ignition.... and... speaking of jail and beatings... a guy arrested on sex abuse issue, with several past events, too... is in the Houston jail. and since jail is light on staff, etc employees... and the bad guy is not actually in a cell... and since he then gets an eye for one of the police female sargents... he jumps her and does his thing again! right there at the jail house! and in the ensuing sense of arousal, ok, bad word, arrival... beats the be'livin- p*** out of her to let her know he means business. :surprised3: and on2 cop interviewed said the beating was so bad... so violent... in his 45 yrs as a cop, has never seen anyone beat up so bad and still alive!

hard to believe such indifference to people and any sense of reasonable human behavior is an on-going daily activity down here. i, for one... am appalled!

Haymaker ~

A powerful forceful punch. The word usually used in boxing. When the person swings with full force. Twists his waist and shoulders round before turning back unleasing a mighty blow!

"He hit him with a Haymaker!"

View attachment 946943
Seems like Houston and Philly are in a race to the bottom- record number of shootings in Philly is not something to be proud of :-(

SuperDuty04
That's pretty cool superduty, Congratulations!
Thanks bub! People keep saying jobs are easy to get and everyone is hiring but I literally had tons of resumes out and very little bites. Seems like s hard market to me. I’m very grateful to land this job though and will stay with it while I grow my business back to the point of being able to go full time again as a contractor. God has definitely been paving my path for me.

kenmbz

kenmbz

ArboristSite Operative
Morning all, was 34 when I got up and ground was crunchy while walking the dog.
Wind knocked down a dead ash by my neighbor, ran to help but he was finishing up when I got there, So I just picked up a few errant sticks. He has a grapple, that is so useful. I only have pallet forks.

More sticks to pick up from the freight train sounding wind last night. Unfortunately none of my dead ash fell. So keeping my chain sharp and ready.

Have fun today.

Brufab
I lost my job due to covid, then the wife got sick and trying to get her back to health to sell our house in the city to move to our place up north. Jobs are everywhere for me. I'm a 12-16$ an hour skill wise. Will be going back to work somewhere temporarily after January 1st. Thanks for being a front line worker keeping the utilities up and running for us all!